It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Republicans Have Thrown In The Towel - Will Patch Up ObamaCare by Any Means Necessary.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 08:51 PM
link   
I hope Trump stops the subsides to the ins co' and the congress and everyone else.

Then you will see how fast they come up with an affordable system.

These buttholes have not been hurt by obamacare like the rest of the country that has to pull the money out of their pockets.

We have several options here in Hong Kong. Public, private and Health care centers.

I'm headed to the public doc today, it's a bitch to get an appt and I've been going to a HC center once a month between visits to the public doc. Last visit was in June.

The public docs and ER went up to $187 hkd from $100 per visit, the HC docs charge me $340hkd + drugs. Private, I have no idea
The insurance you can buy is pretty good as is the ins you get from an employer which is mandatory, afaik.

Dentists are just as expensive as the states, tho. Bastards. lol.

I don't think the repubs threw in the towel tho. In fact, I was for letting Ocare crash and burn.

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 08:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: carewemust

We are probably too late.

President Trump wants Universal "beautiful" Healthcare for all Americans. ObamaCare was the sneaky way of attempting to get there. I think he'd commission a study and put the results in front of voters before deciding to implement it though.

We'll get universal healthcare with all the sensitivity of a prison rape.

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 08:54 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Look. They already tried to institute a fascist system with Obamacare and it doesn't work. Just look at the high premiums as the front loaded taxes no one can afford. Then they discouraged people from using the system by making it too expensive with the high deductibles (rationing).

And even with those mechanisms built in to try to influence the market, they couldn't keep it afloat for the subsidies and handouts and Medicaid expansions they built in.

Just imagine how much worse the systemic monetary theft would have to be to even begin to try to socialize the entire thing.

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 08:57 PM
link   
To the GLEE of Democrats and the Liberal Media, more Republicans are throwing in the towel on Repealing-Replacing ObamaCare.

""Senate Republicans have no plans to revive their party-line attempts to repeal Obamacare this summer, despite President Donald Trump’s increasing frustration over the chamber’s failed attempts last week to gut the law.

"Until somebody shows us a way to get that elusive 50th vote, I think it's over,” said Sen. John Thune of South Dakota, the third-ranking Republican. “Maybe lightning will strike and something will come together but I'm not holding my breath.""

Source - www.politico.com...

Former House leader JOHN BOEHNER has consistently said that Repealing-Replacing ObamaCare is not going to happen. Swamp creatures know each other's thinking process very well.

They will Fix it, says Boehner - Feb 2017: www.politico.com...

They will NEVER Repeal it, says Boehner - July 2017: www.usatoday.com...

edit on 8/1/2017 by Blaine91555 because: Edited in EX Tags

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 09:02 PM
link   
a reply to: burgerbuddy

If Trump cancels the CSR subsidies, and the Treasury's subsidies to Congressmen, it will interesting to see how that power struggle plays out. Orrin Hatch (chairman of the Treasury committee) said today that he would probably allocate permanent funding for those items.

(FYI.. In late 2016, The Federal Court ruled that the Cost Sharing Reduction subsidies being paid to health insurance companies are illegal, because Congress never allocated the funding for these payments. REPUBLICANS filed this lawsuit in 2015, and now they want to fund the CSR's!)

edit on 7/31/2017 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 09:19 PM
link   

If Trump cancels the CSR subsidies, and the Treasury's subsidies to Congressmen, it will interesting to see how that power struggle plays out. Orrin Hatch (chairman of the Treasury committee) said today that he would probably allocate permanent funding for those items.

(FYI.. In late 2016, The Federal Court ruled that the Cost Sharing Reduction subsidies being paid to health insurance companies are illegal, because Congress never allocated the funding for these payments. REPUBLICANS filed this lawsuit in 2015, and now they want to fund the CSR's!)

I know!

That's BS! F'k these animals, $12,000.00 a year each.

Screw that.

I hope next election they get the boot if they even attempt to make it permanent.

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 09:54 PM
link   

In other words, our elected Republican Congressmen are siding with Democrats, instead of with their President, and the people who elected them!

I feel pretty confident (as one of the people who has Republican Senators and Congresscritters) that there are Democrats in each of their districts ... while we didn't elect them, they also represent us.

Secondly, our nation has been stuck in the "my party and no compromise" position for far too long. We need to work with each other in order to get anything done.

Insurance company stocks will SOAR when word gets out that the ObamaCare Golden Goose is back in the egg-laying business, for good.

So I had a look at the health care indexes (S5HLTH, and compared them with the overall market. They've gone up at about the same rate as the stock market. They were higher in 2005, reached a low in 2008 but overall they've done about the same as the stock market.

NOW... if the people in charge don't decide that "burdensome regulations are harming the industry" they should be kept in check. If ALL (or almost all) states join in, then they have bargaining power and will force the prices lower.

I know that here in Texas, our fool Republicans voted to NOT accept Federal monies for Obamacare and premiums are so stupidly high that it's hard for folks to afford them. This is NOT the case with friends in states that accepted funds. Now... my friends aren't very rich (most are dirt poor) and I do understand that premiums went up for some. I'm not blind to that fact. But my friends are among the 12 million who got medical care insurance... some of them hadn't had it for over 20 years.

I want to see them fix it.

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 09:56 PM
link   

If Trump cancels the CSR subsidies, and the Treasury's subsidies to Congressmen, it will interesting to see how that power struggle plays out.

At their salaries, the top officials aren't struggling. I'm not sure if the subsidies extend to their secretaries and office workers... those are the people who will be hurt most.

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 10:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Byrd

If Trump cancels the CSR subsidies, and the Treasury's subsidies to Congressmen, it will interesting to see how that power struggle plays out.

At their salaries, the top officials aren't struggling. I'm not sure if the subsidies extend to their secretaries and office workers... those are the people who will be hurt most.

The subsidies extend to thousands of people around the congress men and women.

Good, why should they be any different than you or joe blow?

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 10:07 PM
link   

NOW... if the people in charge don't decide that "burdensome regulations are harming the industry" they should be kept in check.

Ain't nothin' changed in the last seven years. Who voted in those "burdensome regulations"?

Your party.

Who does it affect the most?

Your people ... who are now fleeing to our side.

You know what's gonna happen next election cycle? All the black folk are gonna vote Republican. You haven't heard much negative talk about President Trump from the black community since he was elected, have you?

Remember who it was that let you know President Trump was gonna landslide the country? Not paying attention can be a willful act.

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 10:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Byrd

They do, but I don't see that it makes much difference to Democrat Senators that they represented Republicans too when it came time to put this massive boondoggle in place. Believe me, we made our presence felt.

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Secondly, our nation has been stuck in the "my party and no compromise" position for far too long. We need to work with each other in order to get anything done.

This is the trend I have seen:

Libs/Progs when Dems in power: We have a chance to do sweeping, influential things! Ignore the republicans, bulldoze ahead with our agenda!

Libs/Progs when Dems not in power: Wow, the government is so partisan. We really need to compromise, and find a middle ground.

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 12:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: Byrd

They do, but I don't see that it makes much difference to Democrat Senators that they represented Republicans too when it came time to put this massive boondoggle in place. Believe me, we made our presence felt.

Lindsay Graham must be catching hell from his constituents back home. He is saying that Republicans deserve to be "Politically Horse Whipped", if they give up on ObamaCare Repeal-Replace right now.

www.foxnews.com...

I'm really surprised that John McCain is so pro-ObamaCare. His state (Arizona) is getting hammered with 100% ObamaCare premium increases. (no exaggeration..100%)

posted on Aug, 5 2017 @ 08:10 AM
link   
a reply to: jjkenobi

Millions of Americans have been calling their representatives telling them to keep the ACA and believe or not it actually worked.

<< 2  3  4   >>

join