It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Republicans Have Thrown In The Towel - Will Patch Up ObamaCare by Any Means Necessary.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 04:12 PM
link   
You people criticizing republicans aren’t thinking, this is somewhat of a democracy and people don’t vote and talk in blocks. Some of them only promised to try to repeal something that doesn’t mean they would succeed in a body of 100 people of differing opinions and interests.

Your not thinking rationally or maturely
edit on 31-7-2017 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 04:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: jjkenobi
Who did they "cry uncle" from? The media? The powerless minority Democrats? It certainly wasn't from the measly 12 million people enrolled on Obamacare.

It's very possible that the swamp Republicans would have preferred to have had president Hillary Clinton, rather than president Trump.

I bet they find excuses for not passing tax reform too.

Yes this is the ugly truth.

There are superficial differences between the Democrats and Republicans. And yes, there are those on both sides that truly do seem like well intentioned people.

But when it comes to the big issues, and the powerful people, they are one group. The establishment.

Dems are against banker corruption right? So when they had control, they arrested a bunch of the law breakers? Nope, the bailed them out.

Dems hate wars. But when push came to shove, they were all about Obama overthrowing Libya and Syria.

Republicans are small government right? Under Bush and even Trump now, record spending numbers.

Repubs are against illegal immigration. Only they like cheap labor and the globalist agenda and do nothing to stop it.

And now health care. 8 years of telling people they would repeal the ACA, and once more, they are liars.

This is why Trump and Bernie were so popular, people are tired of the establishment club of lies where the only true interests in maintaining their monopoly on power.
edit on 31-7-2017 by Grambler because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Trump won't sign any patch job, he will let Obummer Care implode, then not only the Dems will be at fault but the corrupt Repubs that broke their promises to repeal it.

This is a master stroke by Trump, the people will be so upset that the midterms will be sweeping those bums who wouldn't repeal out of office and replacing them with fresh candidates who will campaign on Trump's agenda.

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 04:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Again, awesome post.

Not a fan boy, but we are getting close.

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 04:22 PM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP

My goodness i hope you are right.

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 04:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Lucidparadox

This is a victory for the repub and dems. This is a loss for the voters. The voters know there are health care systems around the world that work far better and cheaper. The media has done it's best to hide this fact.

Again the repubs win, Dems win, big medical lobby win and the US citizen looses.

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 04:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP
Trump won't sign any patch job, he will let Obummer Care implode, then not only the Dems will be at fault but the corrupt Repubs that broke their promises to repeal it.

This is a master stroke by Trump, the people will be so upset that the midterms will be sweeping those bums who wouldn't repeal out of office and replacing them with fresh candidates who will campaign on Trump's agenda.

At the going rate, the dems will sweep the mid-terms. Not only because the opposition usually does, but because of Trumps actions. He has no agenda, but that was still funny.

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 04:49 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Repealing Obamacare will not make premiums drop...

No one is claiming it would..

All it does is cut down on guarenteed money to insurance companies which will make prices rise even more..

We gotta get rid of the middle man..

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 04:50 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

True...

But maybe it's a step toward single payer..

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 04:54 PM
link   

But if the difference is ..

A) the dems who pretend to want what's right , while secretly being as corrupt as the other guy..

B) the GOP which is openly for the big corporations and uses logical fallacies to hide a lack of ANY plan..

At least with A there is some progress being made and a logical debate..

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 04:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox

Repealing Obamacare will not make premiums drop...

No one is claiming it would..

All it does is cut down on guarenteed money to insurance companies which will make prices rise even more..

We gotta get rid of the middle man..

Repealing Obamacare will indeed enable premiums to drop big time. A 55 year old man will not have to pay $60 a month for maternity care anymore. And that's just for starters.

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Oh, you mean California voted Democrat.

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 04:57 PM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

I saw a Bernie and Vermont "failure" single payer video.

The system will not bend (reduce costs) for one state. It will only reduce costs when they are forced. Now who gets less money?

Will it be the Dr.'s? The insurance companies? Pharma? This is going to be a bitter pill, this money making scheme will end because it has to.

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 04:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox

But if the difference is ..

A) the dems who pretend to want what's right , while secretly being as corrupt as the other guy..

B) the GOP which is openly for the big corporations and uses logical fallacies to hide a lack of ANY plan..

At least with A there is some progress being made and a logical debate..

I could discuss many ways why this is a silly comment.

But I guess I will just say congratulations on celebrating your side for being better liars!

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 04:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal

This is a victory for the repub and dems. This is a loss for the voters. The voters know there are health care systems around the world that work far better and cheaper. The media has done it's best to hide this fact.

Again the repubs win, Dems win, big medical lobby win and the US citizen looses.

If president Trump didn't need Republicans for tax reform, infrastructure and the like, I'm sure he would call them all out as wimpy imbeciles.

This past Friday he sent out a tweet and calling them gutless, or something to that effect.

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 05:01 PM
link   
a reply to: tigertatzen

There are more clinics offering a monthly subscription model too. You pay the clinic a monthly fee, usually not more than your cable bill would run, and you have access to anything a standard GP office provides as you need it.

Needless to say, it is a no insurance model.

Couple that with a catastrophic policy and we'd all be much better off, but, of course, we aren't allowed to have simple catastrophic polices. They're "junk."

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Leaders lead.

It is his decision, and I hope it is the correct one.

As for taxes, I wonder who is going to get the reduction?

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 05:04 PM
link   

You do realize that the majority of the people in the country voted Democrat right?

Only the West Coast made the number reflect that. Known Progressive States . Look at the individual States .That gives the best clue.

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 05:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
The Republican Congress should be so ashamed by how they lied to Americas, for 7 frickin years!

The Republican Party has been infiltrated by Democrats.

The ugly almost even split in the Senate allows the other traitors to lurk and wait for an ideal time to ambush good legislation. They only had to expose two women and McCain this time. If they're voted out of office, there's probably still a dozen or so left to come out of the woodwork.

If you want the government to stop taking money out of your wallet (and I know that's what we all want) ... it's gonna take a revolution ... and some serious televised torture sessions to keep it from happening again.

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 05:12 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

I can't see your chart on my cell phone, but the treasury secretary said Friday that they plan to carve out high-income earners from the tax reduction. He said that they know how to make money and will continue to do so, no matter what the tax rate is for them.

Since they pay the most taxes in this country anyway, carving them out is better for everyone else.

By the way, Democrats are demanding that high-income earners do not get tax cuts, and the trump Administration is going along with that. They don't want to repeat the debacle they just went through with Health Care reform. The Trump Administration wants Democrat votes this time. Republicans lack cohesiveness, and a good number of them want to see the president fail.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join