It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Republicans Have Thrown In The Towel - Will Patch Up ObamaCare by Any Means Necessary.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 02:43 PM
link   
July 31, 2017

Republicans have now cried "Uncle!", and are preparing to patch-up ObamaCare.

""WASHINGTON (Reuters) - U.S. Senate Finance Committee Chairman Orrin Hatch said on Monday that senators are too divided to keep working on healthcare overhaul legislation, and that he and other senior Republicans will take that message to President Trump today.

President Donald Trump has been urging lawmakers not to drop the matter, despite a series of failed votes last week. "There's just too much animosity and we're too divided on healthcare," Hatch said in an interview with Reuters.

He said he would prefer Congress not appropriate cost-sharing subsidies that help make Obamacare plans affordable but added, "I think we’re going to have to do that.""

Source: www.reuters.com...

In other words, our elected Republican Congressmen are siding with Democrats, instead of with their President, and the people who elected them!

Insurance company stocks will SOAR when word gets out that the ObamaCare Golden Goose is back in the egg-laying business, for good.

Unfortunately, the premiums will continue to soar, as will the deductibles. Doctors/Hospitals will still continue to turn away people with ObamaCare insurance.

The Republican Congress should be so ashamed by how they lied to Americas, for 7 frickin years!

Important Note -

You have a message in your inbox.
IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS
MOD NOTE: Posting work written by others

-CareWeMust
edit on 7/31/2017 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

edit on 7/31/2017 by Blaine91555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 02:49 PM
link   
That was the plan all along. Guess how much has the insurance lobby paid them?

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 02:54 PM
link   
a reply to: allsee4eye

Third party time.

The repubs and Dems are only afraid of the corps and in this case "big medical". The voters who know, even though the media has done it's level best to tell "us" the opposite, there are far better systems that take care of everyone around the world.

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 02:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
July 31, 2017

In other words, our elected Republican Congressmen are siding with Democrats, instead of with their President, and the people who elected them!

-CareWeMust

I think they "are listening" to the people that elected them.

As in. You take away our healthcare, we take away your job.

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 02:56 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

The Republican Congress should be so ashamed by how they lied to Americas, for 7 frickin years!

www.realclearpolitics.com...

REP. LOUIE GOHMERT: The reason we got this majority back is because we were promising -- 'if you gave us the majority, we would repeal Obamacare. We've been saying that since 2010. And then in the last session, in the last Congress, we passed a repeal of virtually everything. The House passed it, the Senate passed it, and the only thing we were left needing was the Presidency. Now we've got the Presidency, and the President himself said, 'look you just pass the repeal bill, you sign that and I'll work on the replacement'

They know this

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 03:33 PM
link   

July 31, 2017

Republicans have now cried "Uncle!", and are preparing to patch-up ObamaCare.

""WASHINGTON (Reuters) - U.S. Senate Finance Committee Chairman Orrin Hatch said on Monday that senators are too divided to keep working on healthcare overhaul legislation, and that he and other senior Republicans will take that message to President Trump today.

President Donald Trump has been urging lawmakers not to drop the matter, despite a series of failed votes last week. "There's just too much animosity and we're too divided on healthcare," Hatch said in an interview with Reuters.

He said he would prefer Congress not appropriate cost-sharing subsidies that help make Obamacare plans affordable but added, "I think we’re going to have to do that.""

Source: www.reuters.com...

Insurance company stocks will SOAR when word gets out that the ObamaCare Golden Goose is back in the egg-laying business, for good.

Unfortunately, the premiums will continue to soar, as will the deductibles. Doctors/Hospitals will still continue to turn away people with ObamaCare insurance.

-CareWeMust

The part I highlighted I want to address.

You do realize that the majority of the people in the country voted Democrat right?

So in all actuality, the republicans are siding with the majority... the democracy...

Senators are getting too much heat from their constituents to keep Obama care in place.

I think you are forgetting that a majority of the country prefers Obamacare, thats a fact

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 03:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: grey580

July 31, 2017

-CareWeMust

EXACTLY... I dont know what the people in this forum dont understand. The majority of citizens want/support Obamacare/federally subsidized healthcare.

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 03:35 PM
link   
a reply to: grey580

Canning the ACA wouldn't take away my health Care- just the criminals fleecing me for it.

Why don't people understand that health insurance is the *cause* of expensive health Care?
They're not even hiding it any more

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Congressional republicans are just as spineless and disgusting as congressional democrats.

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 03:42 PM
link   

It's not that they're too divided, it's that their recesses keep getting in the way of actually doing the work.

Our congress is a goddam joke.

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 03:43 PM
link   
a reply to: lordcomac

Because most people simply regurgitate internet memes without employing any critical thinking or actually researching that which they are repeating.

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Who did they "cry uncle" from? The media? The powerless minority Democrats? It certainly wasn't from the measly 12 million people enrolled on Obamacare.

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 03:49 PM
link   

July 31, 2017

-CareWeMust

Yep. Willful political suicide.

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 03:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lucidparadox

July 31, 2017

-CareWeMust

EXACTLY... I dont know what the people in this forum dont understand. The majority of citizens want/support Obamacare/federally subsidized healthcare.

That is because the vast majority of the public are not on the receiving end of federally subsidized Health Care. But as with anything else, everybody has an opinion.

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 03:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Congressional republicans are just as spineless and disgusting as congressional democrats.

Actually the minority Democrats are showing that they have more spine and unity than the majority party Republicans.

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 03:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: SlapMonkey

It's not that they're too divided, it's that their recesses keep getting in the way of actually doing the work.

Our congress is a goddam joke.

That is a big part of it all right. Congress is in charge of running the most powerful country on the planet, yet they only work 138 days per year. Insane!

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 03:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: jjkenobi
Who did they "cry uncle" from? The media? The powerless minority Democrats? It certainly wasn't from the measly 12 million people enrolled on Obamacare.

It's very possible that the swamp Republicans would have preferred to have had president Hillary Clinton, rather than president Trump.

I bet they find excuses for not passing tax reform too.

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Hillary was supposed to win and keep the scarade alive.

As we can tell the US population called the repubs bluff. The only think bigger than their failure is their venom for the us voter.

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 04:08 PM
link   

There is a hidden, real life game of thrones going on beneath the surface here, and this is simply another play in that game. Don't despair just yet...this isn't over.

There are still laws firmly in place that prohibit hospitals from turning any patient in need of emergency care away, regardless of what insurance they have...or if they have no insurance at all. There are and always will be free/low cost clinics.

And more private physicians will be able to offer things like third party care credit and other payment plans right there in the office, plus if they're private pay, their rates don't have to be within a certain scale. They can charge as much or as little as they want to for their services, and tell the insurance carriers to go fly a kite.

Insurance carriers only have a market because there are people who need medical care. If those people are given the option of paying for medical care when they need it, rather than shelling out hundreds or even thousands of dollars every month...even if they never use the benefits, insurance carriers will quickly find themselves at the helm of a sinking ship if they don't keep their rates competitive. It is they who need us...not the other way around.

Most companies have some kind of flexible spending option for healthcare for their employees as an option. That money can be used for anything healthcare related, and many companies even match a certain percentage if certain incentives are met. If employers didn't have to pay into this drain of a system, that would be an extremely positive way to help people help themselves manage their own medical budget without having to remain enslaved to these greedy insurance carriers.

We've got options. But I honestly think this is merely one step to a bigger plan. I think we're watching something big and multifaceted unfold, and this is simply one of those facets.

Edit: Funny...right after I posted this, a group of my doc buddies on facebook started talking about going private pay and only accepting Medicaid/Medicare and Care Credit. These guys have money...most private doctors do. It's not going to hurt their practice to lower their fees and dump the insurance carriers.

Three of these doctors already opened their own private emergency clinic, and they charge on a sliding scale based on income, and limit the insurances they deal with so they can keep their fees low. I think we can expect to see more of that if this isn't resolved. There are a whole lot of physicians out there who are tired of the whole mess...they see the results of "affordable care" run through hospital emergency rooms every single day...and a lot of them don't make it back out.
edit on 31234America/ChicagoMon, 31 Jul 2017 16:23:06 -050031pm31211America/Chicago by tigertatzen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 04:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal
Hillary was supposed to win and keep the scarade alive.

As we can tell the US population called the repubs bluff. The only think bigger than their failure is their venom for the us voter.

If president Trump forms a third party for his reelection and wins, is it possible to get rid of Republicans and replace all of them with third-party leaders?
edit on 7/31/2017 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join