It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ex-Sheriff Joe Arpaio found guilty of criminal contempt

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Sentencing comes after the trial and possible conviction.

Charged w crime ---> Arrest or summons ---> Arraignment ---> Pretrial ---> Trial ---> Conviction ----> Sentencing ----> Appeal

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 08:33 PM
link   
a reply to: AMPTAH

I would hope that if a traffic officer sees a robbery or murder he won't turn his back and say, "Not my department."

I would also like to think that a judge can't order law enforcement not to investigate a cross burning or an abortion clinic bombing.

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 09:21 PM
link   
a reply to: VictorVonDoom

Any officer has the legal ability (and duty) to ignore orders they know are unlawful. It doesn't matter if a judge or the President issued it, it has to be lawful.

To order someone to ignore an apparent crime is unlawful on face value and therefore void.

The Nuremberg trials set this out pretty clearly, and common law in the US has covered it extensively.

I don't know what the affadavits in the Sheriff's case say so I'm only speaking in general.

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 01:11 PM
link   
As former Law Enforcement, I 100% support Sheriff Joe. The only, and I repeat only, person I have from his department that I have met that did not approve of his actions, was on his security team and preferred to be back on the street. Now, there are plenty of people who disapprove of his actions, but as far as I can tell the all have connections, ties to, or support illegal activities.
Sheriff Joe needs support from US Citizens...

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 06:38 AM
link   
Good!!!.. get him outfitted for a pink jump suit and undies.

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 07:12 AM
link   
a reply to: daveinats

Explain to me how the MCSO seemingly going out of their way to avoid closing cases of sexual abuse is not supporting illegal activity.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join