It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Has Trump Broke his Tax Return Promise?

page: 15
<< 12  13  14   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2017 @ 08:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
a reply to: UKTruth

I simply do not believe you would review all 'expert' opinions on what the tax returns say

That however does not explain why Trump would not release these documents

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 5/8/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2017 @ 08:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wayfarer

Knew that he was funded my Russian banks/oligarchs; Knew that his wealth was grossly misrepresented; Knew that he has paid practically no taxes, Knew that he has cooked his books, Knew that he has not given to charity....the list goes on and on.

Take your pic.

Well we know none of that, of course.
Neither do you - but I hope you feel better for getting the accusations down in words - I hear it can be quite cathartic.

posted on Aug, 5 2017 @ 10:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth
Neither do you - but I hope you feel better for getting the accusations down in words - I hear it can be quite cathartic.

Your argument is circular. Why do you think we know none of that conclusively? Wouldn't it just be easier to put us all in our place by proving how foolish we are if/when the returns are released and there is nothing suspicious or untoward, or are you going to claim Trump is some 5-D chess player who see's beyond the horizon of time and space and has checkmated these concerns by withholding something as mundane as his tax returns?

And it does indeed feel cathartic (as I'm sure it does to you for writing it). Do you really think yourself clever for stating the obvious?

posted on Aug, 5 2017 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Your argument is circular. Why do you think we know none of that conclusively? Wouldn't it just be easier to put us all in our place by proving how foolish we are if/when the returns are released and there is nothing suspicious or untoward, or are you going to claim Trump is some 5-D chess player who see's beyond the horizon of time and space and has checkmated these concerns by withholding something as mundane as his tax returns?

And it does indeed feel cathartic (as I'm sure it does to you for writing it). Do you really think yourself clever for stating the obvious?

Well, no. My argument is that you have no clue about the validity of any claims you made. To be honest, it's not so much of an argument as a fact.

Now, the reason he is not releasing his tax returns to alleviate your fears is for the reasons stated previously.

As to your specific non supported accusations.

1) that he is funded by Russians... all his creditors have been detailed in his FEC return. I assume you have read through it?
2) Wealth being grossly overstated ... even if that was the case, who cares? $1bn vs $2b, vs $10bn.. what do you want to do with such information?
3) Paid practically no taxes... we know that not to be the case.. he's paid more than you will ever hope to pay in your entire lifetime. We already know about the 1995 writedown too, so I suspect he has paid as little tax as possible. Good.
4) Cooked his books? ... how will you find that out from his tax returns.. please explain
5) Not given to charity? ... if true.. so what?... what do you want to do with that information?

As usual with those still whining over tax returns you are have no real need for them and you seem to lack any cogent argument as to why you want them.

The only argument you seem to have is that you want to see them so you can find something to attack him with... and then you wonder why you are not getting them.? Really?

posted on Aug, 5 2017 @ 11:21 AM
link   

'.. you have no clue about the validity of any claims you made. To be honest, it's not so much of an argument as a fact...'

1) that he is funded by Russians... all his creditors have been detailed in his FEC return. I assume you have read through it?
2) Wealth being grossly overstated ... even if that was the case, who cares? $1bn vs $2b, vs $10bn.. what do you want to do with such information?
3) Paid practically no taxes... we know that not to be the case.. he's paid more than you will ever hope to pay in your entire lifetime. We already know about the 1995 writedown too, so I suspect he has paid as little tax as possible. Good.
4) Cooked his books? ... how will you find that out from his tax returns.. please explain
5) Not given to charity? ... if true.. so what?... what do you want to do with that information?

As usual with those still whining over tax returns you are have no real need for them and you seem to lack any cogent argument as to why you want them.

The only argument you seem to have is that you want to see them so you can find something to attack him with... and then you wonder why you are not getting them.? Really?

This is a feeble retort, and you are incorrect (again).

1. Clearly you are the one who doesn't understand the difference between FEC reports on creditors in the election and Tax Returns showing influence through third parties connected with Russia. Nice attempt to sound clever though.
2. Another checkmark in the 'categorically lied/misrepresented himself' box. Although not illegal, it makes it harder to argue for his character when the full light of evidence is cast for all to see. Claiming to be one of the most successful businessmen in the world looks less accurate under this light.
3. You are correct on this point, I did forget that the 2005 report stated ~36 million in federal taxes.
4. A couple of ways. In my personal experience things like depreciation levels can be checked against the condition of actual assets to see if they were being mis-reported to receive the bigger write-off.
5. Again, Trump has personally claimed to have given huge amounts to charity, yet the only example we've seen is his own charity, wherein the money went right back to him. This is again another checkmark against his misrepresented character.

Think of it like this. Trump says one thing; I call him a liar. I then say that his tax returns would prove that he is a liar. You and him claim that they wouldn't prove anything because he's not a liar, yet the more you attempt to make an argument explaining why he doesn't need to release them or that if he did it would make no difference merely reinforces the perception that he's hiding something, or that he doesn't want us to know just how much of a liar he really is. Again, with your exceptionally sharp critical thinking skills, explain why Robert Mueller would want to see his tax returns?

edit on 31am17famSat, 05 Aug 2017 11:22:01 -0500America/ChicagoSat, 05 Aug 2017 11:22:01 -0500 by Wayfarer because: fixed layout

posted on Aug, 5 2017 @ 11:38 AM
link   

'.. you have no clue about the validity of any claims you made. To be honest, it's not so much of an argument as a fact...'

This is a feeble retort, and you are incorrect (again).

1. Clearly you are the one who doesn't understand the difference between FEC reports on creditors in the election and Tax Returns showing influence through third parties connected with Russia. Nice attempt to sound clever though.
2. Another checkmark in the 'categorically lied/misrepresented himself' box. Although not illegal, it makes it harder to argue for his character when the full light of evidence is cast for all to see. Claiming to be one of the most successful businessmen in the world looks less accurate under this light.
3. You are correct on this point, I did forget that the 2005 report stated ~36 million in federal taxes.
4. A couple of ways. In my personal experience things like depreciation levels can be checked against the condition of actual assets to see if they were being mis-reported to receive the bigger write-off.
5. Again, Trump has personally claimed to have given huge amounts to charity, yet the only example we've seen is his own charity, wherein the money went right back to him. This is again another checkmark against his misrepresented character.

Think of it like this. Trump says one thing; I call him a liar. I then say that his tax returns would prove that he is a liar. You and him claim that they wouldn't prove anything because he's not a liar, yet the more you attempt to make an argument explaining why he doesn't need to release them or that if he did it would make no difference merely reinforces the perception that he's hiding something, or that he doesn't want us to know just how much of a liar he really is. Again, with your exceptionally sharp critical thinking skills, explain why Robert Mueller would want to see his tax returns?

1. Oh, I understand the difference... especially that one is required by regulation.. and the other is not.

Here is a copy of Clinton's 2015 return, including all schedules. Please feel free to point out the type detail you are referring to that will give you this big revelation.
m.hrc.onl...

I hope you also realise that 1040 is NOT going to give you ANY details on his business accounts. There is actually more on the FEC reports than you would see on a 1040.

2. So you want the information in the hope that it will show something to damage him politically, nothing illegal, but just some fodder for a new media attack.

You are badly mistaken about what a 1040 will show you. It does not show a persons wealth.

3. -

4. Which is what the IRS do in their audits. Why would you add any value? You also seem unaware of the rules around the various schedules and what he would actually need to declare and in the circumstances you would even see something like depreciation. In all likelihood you would glean nothing from the return. Anything owned by 1 of his 500 businesses that yielded a return that he took as income would simply be one line, with no need to list out depreciation in the equation.

5. As, in point 2, So you want the information in the hope that it will show something to damage him politically, nothing illegal, but just some fodder for a new media attack.

Once again anything he gave to charity from one of his businesses would not be included. If there was $0 on his 1040, it would not tell you he had not given to charity.

From what I can gather from your answers, you are hoping he can be damaged politically from something in the returns, and you'd like to redo any IRS audits on him - oh and you haven't even looked at the FEC filing, and are not really aware of the level of detail you'd actually get from a tax return.

I think it is time for you to admit that a 1040 will not answer ANY of the questions you are posing, apart from (perhaps) donations. It won't even answer the simple question of how much tax he paid

The truth is that tax returns are not definitive at all and they would likely leave more room for innuendo than answer any questions., which the media (and people like you) would push without any thought as to whether what you were pushing was true or not. You are neither entitled to see or qualified to review his tax return... nor is ANY expert without seeing his entire business accounts also, which no President has ever submitted.

That, as I have been saying, is the reason you are not seeing tax returns - regardless of what you want to believe.

The entire tax return issue is a media driven narrative, one they KNOW provides zero answers, but one they also know will whip up anti-Trumpers to post threads on forums about it. Those who don;t understand what they could actually see lap it up because it gives them something else to talk about.

Now, if you are REALLY interested in digging further into his business relationships, here is the near 100 page FEC filing listing ALL his positions, interests, creditors and debtors.
www.scribd.com...

From that file.. this is who he owes money to:

posted on Aug, 5 2017 @ 11:50 AM
link   
I'm sure Trump is hiding something in his tax returns, or he would have released them. But I don't care. Will his tax returns lower my taxes? Will they stop illegal immigration? Will they create more jobs and higher pay? His tax returns have no effect on my life. He should release them, but if there is something damaging related to Russia in there, it will be found out by Mueller.

posted on Aug, 5 2017 @ 02:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: namelesss

originally posted by: whywhynot

Perhaps Trump has broken his promises because he is (too) incompetent (to get them enacted), has no ethics, is a pathological liar, and is completely corrupt?

(What intelligent person ever believes a politician's promises/lies!)

I really believed that I could not only keep my healthcare plan and doctor but that I would save $2,500/ yr while doing it..... wait a minute...point well taken.

I'm thinking of starting a half-way house for Trump supporters to reintegrate into decent society, after he is forced out of office in disgrace. A whole franchise to help the dazed and confused all over the country. What to name it? 'The Trumpkin Patch' sounds a bit obvious, but come Halloween... *__-

I think that a better use of your funds would be to hire your own personal butt hurt counselor.

posted on Aug, 5 2017 @ 02:19 PM
link   

What ?

No "Russians" ?

posted on Aug, 5 2017 @ 02:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

I think this obsession with what people earn is ugly.

Who cares what they make?

As long as they can lead, that's the important thing.

But class warfare has to have a target somewhere. . ./ .

I agree but what if what they have eared comes from sources that could compromise their ability to lead or what if they have been dishonest in some way

And you honestly think that Trump (or anyone else for that matter) would be so stupid as to put. . "I took illegal money and am now claiming it" on their tax returns?

Really?

THAT'S your smoking gun?

On a document that has been handled by countless thousands of people, in a database that can be seen by anyone in the IRS, you think there is incriminating evidence of collusion on Trumps taxes?

I haven't seen this much stupid since the last time I looked in a mirror!

No, no,no you obviously haven't seen 1040 lines 345. Check here is you have made illegal contributions to Russia.

posted on Aug, 5 2017 @ 02:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

What ?

No "Russians" ?

Yep - no Russian creditors. Who would have thought it.

posted on Aug, 5 2017 @ 02:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: TurduckenMan
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Quite simple, he's a lying deceitful sh!t and nothing thast comes out of his mouth can be believed.

I well reasoned and authoritative answer.

posted on Aug, 5 2017 @ 02:48 PM
link   

I think this obsession with what people earn is ugly.

Who cares what they make?

As long as they can lead, that's the important thing.

But class warfare has to have a target somewhere. . ./ .

I agree but what if what they have eared comes from sources that could compromise their ability to lead or what if they have been dishonest in some way

And you honestly think that Trump (or anyone else for that matter) would be so stupid as to put. . "I took illegal money and am now claiming it" on their tax returns?

Really?

THAT'S your smoking gun?

On a document that has been handled by countless thousands of people, in a database that can be seen by anyone in the IRS, you think there is incriminating evidence of collusion on Trumps taxes?

I haven't seen this much stupid since the last time I looked in a mirror!

No, no,no you obviously haven't seen 1040 lines 345. Check here is you have made illegal contributions to Russia.

Ah, that just after line 340:
"Money Laundering Profits $2bn"

posted on Aug, 5 2017 @ 02:50 PM
link   

So upon reviewing the responses from Trump supporters so far in this thread its seems like their reasoning for Trump breaking his promise is either "its none of our business" or "we don't want/need to see it"

Hardly satisfactory in my view.

So here is the OP's title's question:

While your summary of the responses in this thread may be correct I don't believe that either are the true reasons. Neither summary shows any thoughtful weighing of the options. Whatever else people may think of him he has successfully grown a business empire and become President of the United States. A dummy cannot do that.

It's a simple risk/reward calculation really.

1. There is nothing to be gained by his release of the returns. The Left simply wants them in the hope that their disclosure could be somehow used to damage him.

2. His failure to release them after saying that he would will not harm him in any significant way. (Let those politicians amongst us without lies cast he first stone)

3. Even if he did release them the Left will still hate him.

posted on Aug, 5 2017 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Yup, you got it!

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Perhaps Trump has broken his promises because he is (too) incompetent (to get them enacted), has no ethics, is a pathological liar, and is completely corrupt?

(What intelligent person ever believes a politician's promises/lies!)

I really believed that I could not only keep my healthcare plan and doctor but that I would save $2,500/ yr while doing it..... wait a minute...point well taken.

I'm thinking of starting a half-way house for Trump supporters to reintegrate into decent society, after he is forced out of office in disgrace. A whole franchise to help the dazed and confused all over the country. What to name it? 'The Trumpkin Patch' sounds a bit obvious, but come Halloween... *__-

I think that a better use of your funds would be to hire your own personal butt hurt counselor.

Seems like something has your panties all a'twist? Truth hurts?
No problem with my butt, but thank you for thinking of it.
I couldn't care less who's president, but it is always a thrill to the the corrupt getting their comeuppance!
Have a nice night.

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 10:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: TurduckenMan

Quite simple, he's a lying deceitful sh!t and nothing thast comes out of his mouth can be believed.

I well reasoned and authoritative answer.

A bit dramatic and hyperbolic, yes, but true, nonetheless!
(Distract, deny, have a tantrum/lash out! Trump tools of coping! That was the attempted distract? 'Truth' need not be "well reasoned and authoritative"!)

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 10:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

real big issue isn't it

Only to those who have weird quirks. Like the obama birth certif people.

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 11:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs
a reply to: namelesss
Wake the f up! Trump is not trying to take anything. He is trying to restore order to the country.

I'm sorry, but all I can do is to laugh!
Yeah, the social order hasn't been this peacefully ordered since the 50s and 60s (and continuing) racist problems! That is the order he's trying to restore! Women as possessions! White is right? Throwing Trumpkin tantrums and 'lashing out' at everyone and their mothers that don't have their tongues 6 inches up his asss!
Not trying to take anything! Not trying to constantly enrich himself and his corrupt family using the office? Hahaha!
Gee, thank you for the laugh!

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14   >>

join