It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Has Trump Broke his Tax Return Promise?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+13 more 
posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 11:36 AM
link   
With everything going on on Capital Hill these last few weeks I think something very important has been forgotten, that is, despite his promises Trump has not yet released his tax returns. Through out his campaign Trump made promises that he would release his tax returns if he won the election stating that he could not release them as he was being audited by the IRS (something that would not exclude him from disclosure).

As of today Trump has not yet released his tax returns. Now there is no law which says he must release his tax returns however every president since 1976 has given full financial disclosure by releasing tax returns further more Mit Romney had this to say:

"It is disqualifying for a modern-day presidential nominee to refuse to release tax returns to the voters, especially one who has not been subject to public scrutiny in either military or public service,"

So this does raise the question then, why has Trump not released his full tax returns.

There are a few possibilities but all we can really do is speculate, one thing is for sure that Trump must be hiding something, if he was not hiding something then he would have just released the records by now and have this whole issue settled.

So just what are these possibilities?

Well it could be a few things, the biggest suspicion is that they prove that Trump has paid no federal tax or that he has lied about his charitable contributions. There are however much more troublesome possibilities, it could be that his tax returns could show that he has some undisclosed business connections or that he has been receiving money from sources he would rather not have made public. The obvious contender for the source of this money source he would not want made public of course would be Russia.

Again the point hear is that so long as Trump does not disclose his tax returns in full (which might end up coming out in Mullners investigation) he is only feeding the media speculation as to why he will not disclose the documentation. This speculation ranges from him not being as wealthy as he claims to him having received money from the Russians. If Trump has nothing to hind in his tax returns then he should just release them. This is very similar to the demands for Obama to release his birth certificate, in the end he released it, even though he didn't need to, just to settle the issue.

Anyway, I want to know what his supporters think of this?

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Because it's private information and it's none of your business. Robert Mueller looks at it. Fine. YOU cannot.

It's like on facebook why don't everyone show everyone every picture and video they have? Because it's private. That's why.
edit on 31-7-2017 by allsee4eye because: (no reason given)

+7 more 
posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 11:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: allsee4eye
Because it's private information and it's none of your business. Robert Mueller looks at it. Fine. YOU cannot.

But every other presidential candidate since 1976 has disclosed their tax returns.

There is massive speculation about what Trump could be hiding in these tax returns that he could quite easily settle if he was to release them.

One can only really conclude that he is hiding something.

It's like on facebook

No, its really not.

Its like promising to release your tax returns then not doing it because your hiding something, actually its exactly like that...
edit on 31-7-2017 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 11:40 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

+3 more 
posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 11:41 AM
link   
His people expect him to lie.

Even if his entire campaign is BS they love the smell.

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 11:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi
His people expect him to lie.

Even if his entire campaign is BS they love the smell.

Oh i'm really looking forward to it when both parties implode and Trump gets away unscathed. Democrats and Liberals have lost all credibility since they don't care what the Awans and all people involved did to the US. Hypocrites all of them. Burn it all to the ground and let Trump make america great again.

edit on 31-7-2017 by Perfectenemy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Nobody would believe they were real anyways.

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 11:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Perfectenemy

ok thats fine.

You have posted twice now on this thread already.

You have not once yet actually mentioned anything regarding the question posed in the OP.

Do you have anything on topic to add or is it just going to be a song and some of the usual Trump-supporting snowflake rhetoric?

link   

What's even more suspicious is, even though Trump repeatedly promised to release his tax returns during his campaign, but now that it's rumored that Robert Mueller wants to get ahold of them, Trump freaks out and starts threatening Mueller that going through his taxes is crossing a line! Why?
edit on 31-7-2017 by windword because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
link   
a reply to: allsee4eye

NO. He promised and he has broken his promise. It is not about the legality true or false. It is about a broken promise plain and simple.

link   

Anyway, I want to know what his supporters think of this?

But Hillary sold uranium to the Russians.
But Obama wiretapped Trumps phone in an effort to bring him down.
All joking aside it doesn't matter to his followers if he releases them or not because they have bought all the BS Trump has been spewing.

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 11:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
Nobody would believe they were real anyways.

You could have said the same about Obama's birth cert.

I am sure there would be some who would then argue that Trump had faked the returns but I think if he were to release them it would at least setting the media speculation.

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Russia.

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: windword

it's rumored that Robert Mueller wants to get ahold of them, Trump freaks out and starts threatening Mueller that going through his taxes were crossing a line! Why?

Yup thats the big thing for me to,

I think he is hiding something pretty big.

In the context of the Mueller investigation one can only say that it must have to do with Russian money.

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: allsee4eye

Haha. The presidents is released every year.

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 11:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
a reply to: Perfectenemy

ok thats fine.

You have posted twice now on this thread already.

You have not once yet actually mentioned anything regarding the question posed in the OP.

Do you have anything on topic to add or is it just going to be a song and some of the usual Trump-supporting snowflake rhetoric?

HIs tax returns are none of our business. The laws are there for a reason and even the president enjoys that protection. I have to say seeing the russian narrative crumbling like an old potato chip and watching people desperately needing to resort to the old tax return bull# fills me up with glee.

+9 more 
posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Do you remember making this thread 2 days ago?
Stop taking Politics so Seriously

WTF do Trump tax returns have to do with anything at this point???

Maybe heed your own prior advice.

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Yeah the birth cert thing was definitely overblown.
His mom was American, that was good enough for me. I don't care where she was standing on his day of birth.
And I don't buy any politicians tax returns either. They have good accountants.

link   

originally posted by: windword

What's even more suspicious is, even though Trump repeatedly promised to release his tax returns during his campaign, but now that it's rumored that Robert Mueller wants to get ahold of them, Trump freaks out and starts threatening Mueller that going through his taxes were crossing a line! Why?

Because Mueller may stumble across evidence that Trump has been laundering money for the Russian mafia.

link   

real big issue isn't it

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join