It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Senator Feinstein Makes Shocking Admission About Obamacare

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 06:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: xuenchen

This isn't shocking... Democrats aren't saying Obamacare is perfect and have maintained they are willing to working with Republicans to improve the bill for months now. It has also been pointed out that the reason the exchanges are failing is in large part due to self-sabotage from the Republicans trying to create a self-fulfilling prophecy. The failing exchanges could be fixed if Republicans would stop trying to actively sabotage the bill and shore up the exchanges, but that would be politically responsible so fat chance of that happening.

QFT

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 05:34 AM
link   
She must not of been included when the lobbying went on,maybe she is starting to crack,when Democrats start being honest,it's time to be scared

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 05:34 AM
link   
She must not of been included when the lobbying went on,maybe she is starting to crack,when Democrats start being honest,it's time to be scared

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 06:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Logarock

a reply to: SlapMonkey
I'd say that the best course of action is to not completely rework the health care industry again. The ACA did enough damage. Removing it will make things worse no matter how you feel about the ACA or what you feel like should be the system in place. We need to fix the system in place now.

Not really. Like a lot of things the government gets involved and the price goes up. Education, daycare ect......healthcare. They create a false market that disrupts the other market that most people deal in, live in.

The price was going up a LOT more before the government got involved. Did you forget the Bush years?

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 07:16 AM
link   

I'd say that the best course of action is to not completely rework the health care industry again. The ACA did enough damage. Removing it will make things worse no matter how you feel about the ACA or what you feel like should be the system in place. We need to fix the system in place now.

Not really. Like a lot of things the government gets involved and the price goes up. Education, daycare ect......healthcare. They create a false market that disrupts the other market that most people deal in, live in.

The price was going up a LOT more before the government got involved. Did you forget the Bush years?

Medicare existed before the Bush years.
AFAIK, it is a government medical insurance program.

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 07:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

So? What does that have to do with the exponentially rising costs during the Bush years?

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 08:39 AM
link   

So? What does that have to do with the exponentially rising costs during the Bush years?

You made a statement as if government just got involved in medical insurance recently. They have had involvement with it for many years.
SlapMonkey has a valid point. They do change the market by pouring money into it.

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 09:00 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

If you think that medicare was solely causing the ballooning costs of the Bush years then I have a wall the size of the Southern US to sell you.

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 09:08 AM
link   

If you think that medicare was solely causing the ballooning costs of the Bush years then I have a wall the size of the Southern US to sell you.

I didn't say it was the sole cause.
But you knew that didn't you?

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 09:23 AM
link   

I didn't say it was the sole cause.
But you knew that didn't you?

I don't presume to know anything about what you know. You offered the answer of medicare as a response to the exponentially rising health care/insurance costs in the 00's so regardless of what you know or not, you made it look like that is what you think the reason for the rising cost is. And at the minimum you made it look like you aren't properly informed about what you are talking about. Just trying to throw out buzzphrases to shoot my argument down without really attempting to understand anything.

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 09:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

You offered the answer of medicare as a response to the exponentially rising health care/insurance costs in the 00's so regardless of what you know or not, you made it look like that is what you think the reason for the rising cost is.

Nope, I just offered that Medicare is a government health insurance program, and that it does, like it or not, affect the health care market. It is a force that can not be discounted.
There are many factors that lead to increasing costs, and I didn't rule any out.

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 09:51 AM
link   

No, you offered one piece of the puzzle like that was a valid rebuttal to what I was saying.

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 10:01 AM
link   

No, you offered one piece of the puzzle like that was a valid rebuttal to what I was saying.

Your reply to Logarock is here:

If you read that ^^, you will see that you are saying that the government was not involved in health care insurance during the Bush years. Your words, plain as day.

My response to you was simple....

Medicare existed before the Bush years. AFAIK, it is a government medical insurance program.

I never stated anything as an absolute, regarding government affecting healthcare costs. I was just pointing out that the government was involved in it when you stated otherwise.

From there you were sliding the goalpost around and putting words in my mouth.
I am done here, you are acting trollish, IMO.

edit on b000000312017-08-01T10:16:49-05:0010America/ChicagoTue, 01 Aug 2017 10:16:49 -05001000000017 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Oh I see now. You were splitting hairs over something. Good. I'm glad you are done, because that is irrelevant to the point I'm trying to make.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 09:58 PM
link   
I think they meant they can't afford the deductable and even though the insurance is only 30 a month...plus he needs to consider his eyes and because of that he needs to consider the other one which 160 a month

a reply to: XxitsTtimexX

You can't afford $30 a month?

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 07:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: research100
I think they meant they can't afford the deductable and even though the insurance is only 30 a month...plus he needs to consider his eyes and because of that he needs to consider the other one which 160 a month

a reply to: XxitsTtimexX

You can't afford $30 a month?

So he CAN afford the $30 a month. He's just obfuscating his real problems and making them seem worse than they are. He still has affordable health insurance. He just can't afford everything that goes along with it. Still better than not having it. Thanks for clearing that up.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join