It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Trump Should Ignore Russian Sanctions Bill

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 09:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: joemoe
It' s going to be tough for Trump to veto this. If he does. the Dem and the MSM will have the "evidence" they need for their Russian "Collusion" narrative. If he does not. he will be the fall guy if this goes hot or semi hot.

The republican congress wrote the bill. It's not the dems or the MSM.

It looks like no one studied over the weekend kiddies.

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 09:15 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

That would be his biggest mistake to date.
I say let him try. I'd love to see that story line play out.

But he will sign it . If he knows what's good for him.

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 09:29 AM
link   
The sanctions are going to hurt more European business.

This is a fantastic way to get more countries on Russia's side. Not sure that's congresses intentendes objectives.

Iraq is siding with Iran and Russia now more than ever.

America against the world, it seems the U.S. government is determined to make everyone hate America.

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 10:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

a Russian sympathizer.

A true European, quasi. But no, can't have good relations with stupid allies like... Germany. Why should you, fck em all. Murica first!

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 10:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

That would be his biggest mistake to date.
I say let him try. I'd love to see that story line play out.

But he will sign it . If he knows what's good for him.

Story lines are for the media and their gullible viewers and readers.

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 11:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Nexttimemaybe

Iraq is next in line for irrelevance.

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 11:03 AM
link   
a reply to: PublicOpinion

Those who don't learn from history are damned to repeat it.
Clinton, Bush and Obama all tried to improve relations with Russia. Russia doesn't want better relations. Russia wants America to fade away.

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Sure...
The rest of you go about in complete ignorance of anything and everything.
I'll take my chances dude. If you can't filter information I guess you could be easily led.
But I'm capable enough.
I manage.

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 11:26 AM
link   

a reply to: PublicOpinionRussia wants America to fade away.

Same can be said of every other country. Every country tries to take over the world. Doesn't mean they can. America could have before 1949 when no one else had nukes. America chose not to.

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 11:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: allsee4eye

Same can be said of every other country. Every country tries to take over the world. Doesn't mean they can. America could have before 1949 when no one else had nukes. America chose not to.

No. This isn't even CLOSE to being true. One of the things that propelled the US to world leader status is the fact that Europe was largely decimated and financially broke from just fighting two back-to-back world wars in their backyard. Since the US missed all the destruction, the country didn't have to rebuild and was able to use that advantage to secure its place as world leader. Before the WW's the international market would have been too saturated for us to take the decisive world leader status.

For a modern analogy, look at China. China has replaced our role as lead manufacturing country yet they haven't overtaken us on the world stage. That's because we still occupy it with a strong GDP. China can't just bulldog its way to the top, because there is no power vacuum created by a world war.
edit on 31-7-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Nexttimemaybe

Why do you think the sanctions will hurt Europe? Give a specific example because I haven't heard anything like that. That's interesting.

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 11:39 AM
link   
a reply to: allsee4eye

No every country does not try to take over the world.
Rolls eyes.

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 07:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

That's the most intelligent comment I've ever seen you make. I may have previously misjudged your intelligence, sorry. Good take.

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 07:39 PM
link   

No, it's common knowledge. Everyone knows it.

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 07:40 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

Good find, I wasn't aware of that. Everything I saw said they were in recess starting last friday.

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Which is why I said he's not technically allowed to do that.

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 07:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: allsee4eye

No. This isn't even CLOSE to being true. One of the things that propelled the US to world leader status is the fact that Europe was largely decimated and financially broke from just fighting two back-to-back world wars in their backyard. Since the US missed all the destruction, the country didn't have to rebuild and was able to use that advantage to secure its place as world leader. Before the WW's the international market would have been too saturated for us to take the decisive world leader status.

For a modern analogy, look at China. China has replaced our role as lead manufacturing country yet they haven't overtaken us on the world stage. That's because we still occupy it with a strong GDP. China can't just bulldog its way to the top, because there is no power vacuum created by a world war.

Wasn't it because THE US stayed home like a bunch of chicken snips and made a killing selling the rest of us who have balls weapons?

I'm shocked the US was allowed to come out of WW2 with any honor and respect. They were smart, but cowardly in a lot of people's books. But hey, they have the nukes now. Nobody talk snip...

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 08:17 PM
link   
a reply to: MALBOSIA

Lol, just because we didn't bail you out sooner we're cowards? Wow. Well, I hope we don't come to the defense of europe again. They've made their bed, now sleep in it (or more accurately, die in it).

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Just get one of the folks who did not vote for it to add a health care amendment to it. It will die then.

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 09:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dfairlite
a reply to: MALBOSIA

Lol, just because we didn't bail you out sooner we're cowards? Wow. Well, I hope we don't come to the defense of europe again. They've made their bed, now sleep in it (or more accurately, die in it).

OK. This is a total derail. Probably shouldn't have said it but...

The US made a pile off the rest of the world fighting, used the money to develope a big ass bomb, inihalated the largest population in one go ever in history then came out moral justice superheroes. I'm in awe. I'm not hating.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join