It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Greek, a German, a Serbian and a Turkish-Kurd drank their morning coffee together...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 12:54 AM
link   
...and we talked about Tito to Trump. Why we are depressed. We all agreed on a few things:
* the problem are the people with power
* you did good when you elected Trump
* the EU in it's current form is a bad joke
* technocratic dictators are on the rise everywhere
* we need a true democracy
* slavery does indeed get sold as freedom
* religion needs a reform to putting humans first

It was besides ATS the best conversation I think I ever had, with random people, little guys, we naturally also agreed on "the elite" gambling with our lifes and looking at all of us as "deplorable".
Gaddafi was topic, all of the "unpopular" opinions I thought I would never hear outside the internet.
We also believe Russia has a "cyber-advantage" in comparison to the US, you should work on that. Because that's most dangerous and very likely to happen soon.

Cool talk.

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 05:27 AM
link   
So you came to the conclusion:
* you did good when you elected Trump

And after that you criticize:
* technocratic dictators are on the rise everywhere

So Trump is NOT a wannabe Duterte, a wannabe Erdogan, which both are wannabe Hitlers?
Really not?

If i, as a german with a ex-yugoslavian father, sit together with my friends, originated from whole ex-yugoslavia, turkey(turkish/kurdish), Greece and wherever from the world, we would come to the same conclusions, except that Trump thing.

I heard never ever somebody saying live that it was good for the former USA and the world, that Trump came in power. But i heard all of them saying last year that it is a big joke, if the best what the former USA has to offer is Trump and Clinton, and that both of them are bad for the former USA and the world.

Edit:
I forgot the last point, imo people should be enlightened more, so cults, religions would break together after a while, because nobody would follow their lies anymore.

edit on 31 7 2017 by DerBeobachter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 05:43 AM
link   
a reply to: DerBeobachter

First of all wonderful reply, thanks for participating, the Greek said that and the Turkish-Kurd the Serbian and me went silent on that one so it passed.
We had a real nice council going and myself I have strongly mixed feelings about Trump. I had to remain neutral on that one. I kind of like him his brash attitude, that's personal and me and the greek had to agree we both were decisively against Hillary. The 90% of what he says is true. Small things like the crowd thing etc is pathetic, but he is right about crime, putting national interests first as policy isn't wrong, the US suffers from dream destination over run, I know no one who doesn't admire the US for some thing, but we agreed there too it's the people, because political it's a nightmare since Bush, again. As German you know how it is sometimes the leaders are just embarrassing.
Trump and the swamp, as I like to call it, secret services and media, also true.
To me and the average CT he does make a lot of sense.
We need new political paradigms. I hope Trump goes for broke and flips everything upside down.
But... the humanist in me is a bit worried about the also obvious predator he is.

To the religion thing "putting humans first" meant in terms of coping with the big events in life, we make it irrelevant if you believe in God, entirely, what matters in religion is to learn how to handle the extreme ups and downs of the soul.

edit on 31-7-2017 by Peeple because: Add

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 07:11 AM
link   
How about more of a republic structure instead of a democracy? Then instead of mob rule, you could have guaranteed rights and protections for people built in.

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 08:42 AM
link   
The one single realistic thing that could bring about the most good is an end to fractional reserve banking.

new topics

top topics

join