It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

12 Inmates Escape AL Jail, 4 Still at large

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2017 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Deputies say 12 inmates escaped the Walker County Jail on Sunday.

Eight of them have already been recaptured but four remain at large.

Deputies say the following inmates are still at large:

Christopher Micheal Smith, age 19, of Jasper (in jail for Attempted Murder, Burglary 1st, Unlawful Breaking and Entering, Theft 2nd)
Brady Andrew Kilpatrick, age 24 of Cordova (in jail for Possession of Controlled Substance, Possession of Drug Paraphernalia, and Possession of Marihuana 2nd)
Larry Inman, Jr., age 29 of Parrish (in jail for 2 counts of Receiving Stolen Property, Attempting to Elude, Failure to Appear)
Ethan Howard Pearl, age 24 of Jasper (in jail for Resisting Arrest, Obstructing Govt Operations, Poss Drug Paraphernalia,

12 Inmates Escape AL Jail, 4 Still at large

This is a crazy amount that were able to escape at one time. Looks like they were able to capture most of them, but appears that some of the ones still missing are pretty nasty guys. Hopefully they can capture the rest of these guys before they hurt or kill anyone while they are on the run.

posted on Jul, 30 2017 @ 11:35 PM
link   
a reply to: OzManHero

Here is another article and shows some of the local residence saying they are armed and ready for them if they come that way.

www.dailymail.co.uk... mates-escape-Alabama-jail.html

posted on Jul, 30 2017 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Always wonder how someone can be arrested for "resisting arrest".

How does that whole thing go?

posted on Jul, 30 2017 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Geez...they must really want these guys back in custody.....$500 reward? That's a slap in the face.
I would rather shoot them.
edit on 30-7-2017 by RazorV66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2017 @ 11:57 PM
link   
I hate to say, as an AL resident, they'd be safer turning themselves in than being seen in public in prison whites.

We're a gun-owning bunch we are, and prison whites make you fair game.

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 12:02 AM
link   
2 of the 4 still unaccounted for are the Anwan Brothers who will be found dead in a cabin with a touching suicide note.

... just joking!

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 12:09 AM
link   

The 19 year old tried to commit murder, from your source. The other one's just liked to smoke reefer.

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 12:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: cynicalheathen
I hate to say, as an AL resident, they'd be safer turning themselves in than being seen in public in prison whites.

So do you think that the prisoners accused of "possible drug paraphernalia", and "possession", should be held at gunpoint, and possibly shot dead?

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 12:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nothin

So do you think that the prisoners accused of "possible drug paraphernalia", and "possession", should be held at gunpoint, and possibly shot dead?

If you trespass on my property, which is marked "No Trespassing" as per Alabama law, you should not be surprised if you wind up looking down the barrel of something 30 caliber or so.

If you act in a manner which can be articulated a threat to a judge and jury AFTER looking down said barrel, you should not be surprised if you have extra holes.

Doesn't matter what crime you've committed, doesn't matter how you're attired.

See, in some states, we still believe that a man's home is his castle.

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 12:30 AM
link   

And how would the average person who may run across that individual know, 'hey there's an escaped inmate walkin up my drive way. No worries though, he was probably just in for pot... Try to rationalize your logic in reality before spillin it out.

But, that's the one dude you gotta kind of feel bad for, his life just went from bad to worse. I can't think of any other reason that he'd join in on the escape other than being pressured into it by the others, but still, if that was the case, you'd think he'd just turn himself in.

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 12:47 AM
link   
A good lawyer could have helped the resisting arrest one, and got those other charges dropped like interfering with government, that one sounds like a law in a communist country/. Kangaroo court for profit system today though.

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 02:10 AM
link   
a reply to: cynicalheathen

That's probably one of the dumbest sayings I ever hear.

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 02:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Nothin

Resisting arrest is a mindjob to be honest. There's even a category for "resisting without violence." I've seen people arrested and charged with that simply for asking the officer what the hell is going on.

The category is intentionally broad because when you are arrested they try and nail you to the wall with anything they can get away with.

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 02:55 AM
link   
Can't these escapees just claim undocumented immigrant status and leave their old life behind with a clean slate?

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 07:41 AM
link   

So do you think that the prisoners accused of "possible drug paraphernalia", and "possession", should be held at gunpoint, and possibly shot dead? [/quote ]
Anyone who would break out of jail is dangerous.....anyone
This is exactly the point where liberal idealism street T's into realworld interstate

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 07:41 AM
link   
For those that think a person should invite the escapees in to tea and cookies:
NY Post

A Louisiana inmate escaped from prison — then kidnapped and killed an assistant warden’s step-daughter, according to reports Friday. Deltra Henderson, 39, escaped from David Wade Correctional Center on Thursday afternoon, then abducted 19-year-old Amanda Leigh Carney, who lived on the prison grounds with her family, including her assistant-warden stepdad, James Arnold

He had never committed murder before....

The felon had been serving time for attempted armed robbery, aggravated burglary and coc aine distribution since 2001 and wasn’t due to get out until at least 2025.

He did kill someone this time.

While I disagree with laws against drugs, I also agree with a system of law and order. If you break a law, even if it is a stupid law, you can expect to be arrested, and in the case of drug laws, you can expect to do time for it.
Most prison inmates make very poor decisions, that is why they ended up in prison. We can't expect them to be sweet, loving and caring when they make yet another poor decision and escape from prison.

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Always wonder how someone can be arrested for "resisting arrest".

How does that whole thing go?

It goes like this- officer gets out of line talking to someone, maybe grabs them for no reason, then the person, being a normal human with expectations of being treated like one, pulls away

Now you're not compliant and under arrest. If you don't comply with being arrested for not wanting to be grabbed for no reason, you're resisting.
The first one wouldn't make it to court, you'd be free to go... But the second you resist being arrested for no reason, you've broken the law.

Basically, dick cops.

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 03:02 PM
link   
a reply to: TheLotLizard

Well, that's one person's opinion.

Care to elaborate why it's a "dumb saying" for the sake of debate?

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 05:23 PM
link   

If you trespass on my property, which is marked "No Trespassing" as per Alabama law, you should not be surprised if you wind up looking down the barrel of something 30 caliber or so.

If you act in a manner which can be articulated a threat to a judge and jury AFTER looking down said barrel, you should not be surprised if you have extra holes.

Doesn't matter what crime you've committed, doesn't matter how you're attired.

See, in some states, we still believe that a man's home is his castle.

Can see what you mean about protecting your family, which is probably what you mean, rather than a bunch of rocks and boards. But in your first post: you mentioned about them being seen in public spaces, then switched to private land in your second post.

The post went swiftly from 4 poor kids walking out of jail, to you letting everyone know that you are waving a gun around.

We all seem to react to articles from the thin viewpoint of our own little personal world bubbles.
ATS has become like this, because people have become like this.

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 05:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: rexsblues

And how would the average person who may run across that individual know, 'hey there's an escaped inmate walkin up my drive way. No worries though, he was probably just in for pot... Try to rationalize your logic in reality before spillin it out.

But, that's the one dude you gotta kind of feel bad for, his life just went from bad to worse. I can't think of any other reason that he'd join in on the escape other than being pressured into it by the others, but still, if that was the case, you'd think he'd just turn himself in.

By the time they walk-up someones driveway, or walk out from a cornfield, they would probably have ditched their prison clothes. So would just appear as regular kids, or possibly split-up to attract less attention.
So you never know, just some 20 year-old kid walking around, twisting his neck every which way, and most probably trying to stay-away from people. Specially landowners whom will be wary of strangers.

You're right: seems like they are off to an unfortunate start in life.
But we can also understand that the charges against them, even if seemingly minor, doesn't mean they are otherwise little angels. We just don't know much, other than that they don't have rich fathers.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join