It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some of my ideas of bills that should be enacted.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 10:20 AM
link   
a reply to: allsee4eye

Not too shabby

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 05:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: EternalShadow

originally posted by: chr0naut

This should be implemented alongside some sort of implementation of a Universal Basic Income.

A "UBI" benefits card! Oh the TPTB would love that! They can then eliminate paper and coin and track EVERY transaction in real time! Oh goody!!!

How wonderful! Goodbye 4th Amendment... probably wouldn't need the 5th shortly thereafter either!

A cashless society is a HUGE nail in the coffin for personal freedom and privacy. If it ever comes to pass, game over. Period.

They could pay a UBI in cash, too.

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 05:51 PM
link   

The bit that lost it for me was when you were talking about how teachers who aren't rated well by students should be fired...

Do you honestly think that a high school student has enough of an understanding of pedagogy to deeply understand whether a teacher is effective or not?

Teacher effectiveness should be measured by exam results. Nothing proves how good a teacher is better than that - especially when you start to look at enhanced data and see where a student started.

Teaching isn't a popularity contest. It's about doing the best for your students. If they like you , great. It makes the class easier. If they don't... so what? You still do your job.

I used to teach and was loved by some groups and hated by others. It's what happens. But to potentially lose my job because a Year 9 hated me whilst my Year 11 got 90% A* (or a 9, as it is now)?

That's just crazy.

In my current job I bang heads with people from time to time? Should I be fired for not being Mr Agreeable and rolling over when challenged? No chance.

You do what you know to be right and in the case of teaching, who cares if you have a class of nutters who hate you actually trying to educate them. Some of them there kids do resent that, you know?

Peace

Cado

new topics

<< 1   >>

join