It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some of my ideas of bills that should be enacted.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2017 @ 10:30 PM
link   
1. Free Medical Care For The Elderly Act.

This requires everyone person above the age of 70 to get free healthcare, any time, any where, in any hospital of their own choosing. These people have contributed all their lives to society. After they retire and no longer receive salary, it's time for society to return their service and provide them free healthcare.

2. Ensuring High Quality Teachers Act.

It is well known that teachers of public schools suck big time and rich people send their kids to private schools not to public schools. Too much bureaucracy and corruption. Teachers in public schools are not evaluated by students and don't get fired for being bad teachers. Too much tax dollars are wasted on bad teachers. Public school teachers must be evaluated by students at the end of each school year. At the end of every year, the worst 1 third at public schools as evaluated by students get fired and replaced by new teachers.

3. Fair Salaries Act.

CEOs have become far too bloated, earning tens of millions a year while the blue collar workers earn minimum wage. This is causing too much income disparity in society. Under this act, no employee of any give organization, in either the private sector or the public sector, may earn more than 100 times as much as any other employee does within the same organization.

4. Ensuring High Quality Doctors Act. No doctor in a public hospital may charge on a per treatment basis. Doctors in public hospitals, like every other government employee, must earn a fixed annual salary, no less than 50 grand year and no more than 150 grand a year. Doctors are evaluated by patients at the end of every year and their salaries are dependent on their evaluation scores. No patient may sue any doctor. Like teachers at public schools, at the end of every year, the worst 1 third at public hospitals as evaluated by patients get fired and replaced by new doctors.

posted on Jul, 30 2017 @ 10:42 PM
link   
We already have far too many laws.

This is why we have far too many lawyers.

An enlightened, evolved society, in my mind would not need lawyers.

Simplifying the legal code, eliminating government overreach, and returning States Rights would be a far better idea.

The quickest way to destroy an industry, is to let the U.S. Gubment run it...

The Dept. of Education has dumbed down our populace, the Department of the Interior/ BLM are solely dedicated to grabbing land and water rights; they wrecked the entire healthcare industry in less than a decade...

...except the war industry. They have the business of killing well in hand...
edit on 30-7-2017 by madmac5150 because: My goats aren't much nicer

posted on Jul, 30 2017 @ 10:42 PM
link   
a reply to: allsee4eye

The perfect micro-management schema.

Make government even bigger and bloated than ever before !

posted on Jul, 30 2017 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Of course it would take a Congress that actually represents the People to get any of that done but I'll slip in..

5. Repeal the Federal Reserve Act.

I'm sure I don't have to explain why and the obvious benefit.

posted on Jul, 30 2017 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Allsee4eye for 2020.

posted on Jul, 30 2017 @ 10:51 PM
link   
I got one.

The "nobody is special" act.
Race, religion and gender are no longer allowed to be considered in any employment, school or other public funded grants.

posted on Jul, 30 2017 @ 10:56 PM
link   
1) Needs to be raised to the average mortality age, so 78 or 79.

2) Where are you going to get all those new teachers from?

3) Companies will find other ways to compensate quality management.

4) Where are you going to get all those new doctors from?

posted on Jul, 30 2017 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Alot of problems would be manageable with a flat tax and have the mint print the US currency.

Although some say WW II was caused by Germany not wanting to go with the flow of central bank so going around the central banking/Fed could be an ugly affair.

What this would do to the petro dollar is a known-unknown.

posted on Jul, 30 2017 @ 10:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Teikiatsu

Short and sweet. Love it and I agree

posted on Jul, 30 2017 @ 11:01 PM
link   

We need less Government and less laws not more.

1) Free anything is bad...nothing is free.

2) Teachers can't be good because the system spends too much time on BS like state tests, 'white privilege' and gender instead of reading, writing and math.

3) Salaries will always be what people are willing to accept. If you don't want to work for $10 an hour then find something else or educate yourself more...you can't pay more than the work is valued.

4) Why would anyone spend time and energy training for 12 years to be paid $150k a year? Why would anyone want that stress for craptastic salary? I wouldn't.

posted on Jul, 30 2017 @ 11:31 PM
link   

I like it. I wish we could do that. It'd eliminate a lot of problems.

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 12:15 AM
link   

I like it. It sounds reasonable and doable.

I also think that the Civil Rights act should be amended.

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Apply a fairly flat taxation against production, measured in dollar terms, not income or profit and assuming a fair and reasonable level of profit.

If the business lays off staff and mechanises, the tax is still paid but the income of the workers isn't taxed.

Businesses cannot minimize taxation by "reinvesting" all their profit and if they don't make a profit then the business isn't really a viable business in the first place.

This should be implemented alongside some sort of implementation of a Universal Basic Income.

edit on 31/7/2017 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 01:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

This should be implemented alongside some sort of implementation of a Universal Basic Income.

A "UBI" benefits card! Oh the TPTB would love that! They can then eliminate paper and coin and track EVERY transaction in real time! Oh goody!!!

How wonderful! Goodbye 4th Amendment... probably wouldn't need the 5th shortly thereafter either!

A cashless society is a HUGE nail in the coffin for personal freedom and privacy. If it ever comes to pass, game over. Period.

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 03:23 AM
link   

Yeah your education act is rubbish for a start.

The reason schools hire and retain crap teachers is that they can find anyone else to do the job in the first place.

You might fire the lowest 1/3 but they will all end up working in a different school because those schools cant find the staff to replace the teachers they fired!

What you need to do is raise teacher wages and improve teaching conditions. That will attract better quality candidates.

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 04:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: EternalShadow

A "UBI" benefits card! Oh the TPTB would love that! They can then eliminate paper and coin and track EVERY transaction in real time! Oh goody!!!

How wonderful! Goodbye 4th Amendment... probably wouldn't need the 5th shortly thereafter either!

A cashless society is a HUGE nail in the coffin for personal freedom and privacy. If it ever comes to pass, game over. Period.

And they can't do that already?

Even if you turn the GPS on your 'phone off and pay by cash, big stores like Wallmart play ultrasonic data tones to identify where you are and other details.

You can't hear them but your 'phone picks them up and locates you. About 10% of the apps in Google Play and the Apple Store have functionality to listen to the ultrasonic data and report it back to their data collection centres.

If you are in the hot zone next to a broadcasting 'till, they can even record your purchases.

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 04:57 AM
link   

Even if you turn the GPS on your 'phone off and pay by cash, big stores like Wallmart play ultrasonic data tones to identify where you are and other details.

You can't hear them but your 'phone picks them up and locates you. About 10% of the apps in Google Play and the Apple Store have functionality to listen to the ultrasonic data and report it back to their data collection centres.

If you are in the hot zone next to a broadcasting 'till, they can even record your purchases.

Geez...I don't take my phone everywhere.. lol.

Do you?

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 05:01 AM
link   

Geez...I don't take my phone everywhere.. lol.

Do you?

Yeah, need it for my business.

Just remember every time you get a new app that shouldn't need access to the microphone, to disable access in its preferences.

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 08:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: allsee4eye
*stuff goes here*

The only part of the post that I liked was the idea of tort reform, though that isn't exactly how you phrased it. Doctors should still be capable of being sued, but the system currently encourages defensive medicine which only serves to inflate costs and provides little benefit to anyone but insurance companies. Oddly enough, your other proposals would actually made this situation worse.

Other than that, the ideas are terrible. Well, terrible-ish, not completely terrible. What you are trying to achieve is laudable, if misguided in application.

1. Elderly healthcare. No specific issue with the principle but, based on your suggestions for the other laws, I suspect the implementation would suck and cause more problems than it solves.

2. Teachers. Do you really want teachers to be evaluated by students? I will tell you exactly what will happen. The teachers who want to keep their jobs will do things to keep their students happy. Good teachers challenge their students. Good teachers under your system will be the first ones voted out. Crappy teachers who pander to the little darlings will stay. Students will use their power as leverage to undermine teachers and avoid discipline. Congratulations, you have managed to do the impossible - make the education system even worse than it was before.

3. Wage caps. No. If you think a business should be run differently, start your own and run it however you like. Keep your stinky little claws off businesses owned by other people. The world does not have to conform to the things that you like.

4. Patient evaluation is already a thing in some countries and, while useful data, it becomes counterproductive when employment or salary are linked to it. See (2) above for similar reasoning.

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Well thank Neptune's Spear you aren't in charge. Those are terrible laws. I have a few to consider:

Anyone not elderly or disabled that is unemployed has to contribute 20 community service hours per week for receiving govt benefits.

Effective immediately all govt officials are subjected to the same laws they pass for the people. Includes healthcare, taxes, insider trading, social security, public schools, TSA long lines and probes, etc.

Term limit of 2 elections for any single govt office. ie 2 elections as senator, 2 as congress, 2 as Pres, etc

Zero public funding for govt sponsored radio or television channels. They can get money from advertising or donations like everyone else.

Cut funding for all sanctuary cities. Enforce the laws or be removed from your job position. Additionally hold those in charge responsible for all crimes committed by illegal aliens in their area during their time in charge. Their stupid policies directly resulted in harm to citizens of our own country.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join