It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Donates 2nd Quarter Salary to Department of Education

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2017 @ 11:37 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Your speaking as if our educational system was a good one before she was appointed. That dog won't hunt.

posted on Jul, 30 2017 @ 11:40 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

So then why are you pleased that Donald J Trump donated $100k to its continued operation? I mean, I know it's a meaningless gesture as his family's interests and his own are making many orders of magnitude above that from his presidency but still.

Really? You can't even give credit where credit is due? lol.

posted on Jul, 30 2017 @ 11:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Dfairlite

Trump's not allowed to do any good, duh.

He's an evil narcissistic demon with no good bone in his body, and all his actions are deeply rooted with sinister intentions.

/

posted on Jul, 30 2017 @ 11:48 PM
link   
a reply to: okrian

Ok. His budget calls for 9-10 billion in public education CUTS. Let's check out that math (even if it's on the low end)...

Thank you. Yes. Let us discuss our education and the money being wasted as our children are learning less and less.

9 billion - 100k = $8,999,900,000 in public education cuts.

There is a lot of waste in our educational system.

And here we have the proof that it is a waste.

This is a completely empty gesture that won't succeed in masking all of his daily idiocy.

If you can't see how this is a good decision I can't blame you. I can blame our educational system though.

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 12:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
a reply to: xuenchen

Useful idiots cheering brazen cronyism as they yammer about draining swamps.

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 08:32 AM
link   
the public educational system i experienced on the west coast USA was almost totally worthless. I literally havent used a single thing i "learned" from school in my "real life".

i learned to read when i was 4....i easily coasted through primary school on test results without doing a single piece of homework. They had to choice but to pass me as i consistently tested in the top 1 to 5 percentile in almost every subject except math and science.

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 10:11 PM
link   
I...can't believe you didn't actually read the captions on the photo you posted...

originally posted by: 3daysgone

Those aren't "dollars per student." They're total dollars.

In case you haven't made the connection:

Population of the US - 323,950,000
Population of Japan - 126,313,879
Population of the UK - 63,181,775
Population of Canada- 36,048,521
Population Australia - 23,783,500

Of COURSE the US spending figure is much larger... it's three to ten times the population (including number of children) of those other countries.

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 10:47 PM
link   
If public education is so good why don't rich people send their kids there even though they paid tax money for it?

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 10:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Byrd

I think the point was the spending per capita vs the results of said education. If you look closer you will see he was right.

Take Japan for example, yes the US has 2.5x the population...but spends 5x more per capita on education. One country is 1st on education standards and another is 22nd. Guess which is which?

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 10:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vector99

I think the point was the spending per capita vs the results of said education. If you look closer you will see he was right.

Take Japan for example, yes the US has 2.5x the population...but spends 5x more per capita on education. One country is 1st on education standards and another is 22nd. Guess which is which?

The point is poorly made by that diagram. It should have been "per capita" - that chart simply doesn't show it. A better chart can be found here - and it shows that the pies on that chart are a bit misleading. Norway, Switzerland, and Austria far outspend us and the percent of GDP spent on education is smaller than many countries.

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 11:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: allsee4eye
If public education is so good why don't rich people send their kids there even though they paid tax money for it?

Because they'd have to mix with "ordinary people."

No, not kidding.

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Those charts are based solely on GDP, not per capita. From the link

The total education expenditures as a percentage of GDP measure allows for a comparison of countries' expenditures relative to their ability to finance education.

Which is false, it's based solely off of our GDP spending. We spend a lot more on military (yes I know education comes with that, but not proportionately) than those countries. Each countries GDP is specific to it's own making, Japan produces a lot of technology, therefore higher education rates contribute to their GDP. So their spending on education based off GDP is a bad comparison to us.

Also, our post secondary expenditures in comparison should scream to everyone EDUCATION BUBBLE.

If we were relatively close in educational standards globally, your link would possibly have valid points, but seeing how far back we are doesn't justify the spending. Throwing money at an issue is what we do best, and typically with non-results, other than the increased debt.

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 12:56 AM
link   
Trump could literally put a cure for cancer and HIV/AIDS out there tomorrow, and a certain group of people would still demonize him because Russia, covfefe, Cheeto, tiny hands, Drumpf. I actually applaud the fact that his pay is getting donated. Sure, the Department of Education could use a lot more, but the fact that he is keeping the minimum that he can get away with to himself and donating the rest says a lot about where he stands as president.

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Those aren't "dollars per student." They're total dollars.

Yes the total dollar amount. Did I say per student? No I didn't.

You do realize that the figures you posted are for the total population and not student population, right?

Also we spend more almost 5 times as much as Japan, and we don't have 5 times the amount of students, yet our education is worse. SMH. I think you are looking at this all wrong. But that is for you to figure out.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join