It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Donates 2nd Quarter Salary to Department of Education

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2017 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Even the uber-lefty's can't get mad about this one (though, I'm sure they'll try). Trump has donated his salary from the second quarter ($100,000) to the department of education. It will be used to help fund science camp. This is pretty awesome. Trump is literally working for free for the people. I never thought I'd see the day that any politician would forego their salary. Yes, some in the past had done so, but people in the past also had much higher personal standards than people today, especially when it came to money.

www.washingtonpost.com... /?utm_term=.a9c342397090
edit on 30-7-2017 by Dfairlite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2017 @ 09:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Dfairlite

Yeah because that makes up for his crony appointment of an unqualified person to head a department she'd just as well see done away with.

posted on Jul, 30 2017 @ 09:24 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

I hope she does away with it.

posted on Jul, 30 2017 @ 09:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

Yeah because that makes up for his crony appointment of an unqualified person to head a department she'd just as well see done away with.

Bitter hatred.

Bitter jealousy.

posted on Jul, 30 2017 @ 09:30 PM
link   

So then why are you pleased that Donald J Trump donated $100k to its continued operation? I mean, I know it's a meaningless gesture as his family's interests and his own are making many orders of magnitude above that from his presidency but still.

How much in damages was Melania suing the Daily Mail for? Wasn't in $150 million her lawyers were claiming she stood to lose from this "once in a lifetime opportunity" to promote her brand?
edit on 2017-7-30 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2017 @ 09:31 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Useful idiots cheering brazen cronyism as they yammer about draining swamps.

posted on Jul, 30 2017 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Ok. His budget calls for 9-10 billion in public education CUTS. Let's check out that math (even if it's on the low end)...

9 billion - 100k = $8,999,900,000 in public education cuts.

This is a completely empty gesture that won't succeed in masking all of his daily idiocy.

posted on Jul, 30 2017 @ 09:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dfairlite

Hopefully Devos can use the money to stop the sexual grooming of our children and the racism and get things back the actually educating our children with science and facts versus the nonsensical science of feelings that is being taught today.

posted on Jul, 30 2017 @ 09:35 PM
link   

So then why are you pleased that Donald J Trump donated $100k to its continued operation?

Because while it exists, it should fulfill it's mission and science camp is a good thing. It would be better as a private charity but that's not what it is right now.

his family's interest and his own are making many orders of magnitude above that from his presidency.

Prove it.

link   
a reply to: okrian

How much have you donated?

link   

I wonder if he donated because of guilt.

Donates 100k to education and cuts their budget by billions.

link   

Only 10 billion? Should be about 30 billion.

posted on Jul, 30 2017 @ 09:36 PM
link   

We have been throwing money at the education problems in this country like crazy for the entire existence of the department of education and yet the quality of education continues to decline.

Just a wild arsed guess, but maybe money is not the problem, but usage and implementation of the money may be part of the problem.

posted on Jul, 30 2017 @ 09:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

We are one of the top ten countries in per capita spending on education, but our outcomes are awful compared to the others in that group. Why? Democrats.

posted on Jul, 30 2017 @ 09:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dfairlite

Fine, then the kids will have even less of a chance for an education, and will be begging at your door by daylight and stealing your car come dark.

Good thinking.

My son is in a private boarding school that costs $35k a year. Very elite. Good buddies of his are from multiple counties, and all of their parents are well off.

It is called networking, and it has been going on for a long time. How are the public school kids going to compete?

They won't, if you have your way.

I came up through public schools, and am now well off. But no more, if we keep dumbing down and scorning education. Well, hope you do well in your future dream world of uneducated kids. Maybe your offspring can get a job in the future cleaning my son's house, or cutting his grass.

posted on Jul, 30 2017 @ 09:40 PM
link   
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

Ah I see, you want to make this about me as opposed to the topic...

Well, I have certainly done more charity work. I've likely paid more in taxes. And when compared to my income, percentage-wise, I've donated more than Trump . We all do our part to make this world better. Trump is just part of the problem.

posted on Jul, 30 2017 @ 09:41 PM
link   

I prefer to point the finger at both parties since both have been in power at various points over the life of the Department of Education, but I am not going to split hairs.

posted on Jul, 30 2017 @ 09:43 PM
link   
a reply to: TacSite18

You obviously don't know what the department of education does.

Also, my kids will likely be trust fund kids (as much as I try to prevent it, my wife...), so they won't be cleaning your kids house, sorry.
edit on 30-7-2017 by Dfairlite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2017 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Ok-there-rian, I believe you.

/

Btw, did your charity make a difference? Or was it the thought that counted?

posted on Jul, 30 2017 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Trump giving is better than Hillary taking to line the pockets of her pantsuit.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join