It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What The Hell Happened To Our Politicians.. They Are Not FOR THE PEOPLE Any Longer.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2017 @ 11:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
Why is it that so many elected officials seem to have LOST their steadfast determination to do what's best for America and Americans??

The nation grew too big.

By design, we humans can only "care" for so many people at a time.

If you go to any small town, you'll find the people there are friendly, interested in each other, helpful to one another, etc..

Then, when you go to a big city, like say New York, everybody is in a rush, pushing you out of the way, not stopping to say a simple hello, all seem wrapped up in their own heads, avoiding strangers in the streets, etc..

And all that's changed is the number of people in the box.

Take any those same people, and put them into a small town, and immediately they transform into the friendliest city folk you'll ever meet. So, it's the size of the population that shares the same space that determines how people feel about each other.

Small town politicians are always very involved with the people, while big town politicians live in their own ivory tower.

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 12:01 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

That is not a counter point...

There is only 2 choices..

Trust insurance company bureaucrats who are beholden only to the bottom line..

Trust government bureaucrats who are beholden to us through the voting process..

How is spending 2 million dollars on an elderly cancer patient EVER going to be profitable...

It's not..

She would never live long enough to pay it back..

We all pay the bill reguardless.. single payer just cuts out a useless middleman (insurance companies.

If the GOP thought it wouldn't be a disaster they would repeal it...

They are taking nothing but heat for doing so..

But if they repeal it and a million people lose subsidies AND PRICES STILL GO UP!!

The GOP would be screwed..

For all the mountain of money we give them.. don't we deserve something back???

Why do you think we are the last people still using insurance companies AND we have the highest prices??

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 12:05 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Democrats get paid off by insurance companies EVERY DAY too...

I don't think single payer is the best option because it's a democrat plan..

I back it because insurance companies are dead weight.. they are paper pushers taking .30 cents off every dollar spent on healthcare AND DO NOT PREFORM A MEDICAL FUNCTION!!!

Stuff cost too much you cut out the dead weight..

How is the insurance company board of directors ANY better than a politician?!?!

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 03:26 AM
link   
You just figured this out? Pres. Trump is probably the last "Real American" holding a "office", we'll ever see, short of a civil war and U.N. "peacekeepers" "protecting"...a... "global order". Yeah. Hell in a hand basket. DC. is like going to the circus in hopes, you won't see any clowns.

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 03:46 AM
link   
When government wants to get "involved" for the "common good". "We the people" should ask, what's in it for you/them? And not focus so much on the shiny thing dangling on the string..
I know. But they said, what about, "the children, old people and poor"... Our great-great grandkids will be paying for their purchases and their personal monuments long after they're gone. That's how much they care. No family should have to pay for another families/citizen "healthcare". We really shouldn't be forced to love each other that much. Stuff your kid witChoco Puffs and make us pay for its "healthcare". Sounds totally reasonable and fare. If they're going to make it "law". The "lawmakers" need to not be exempt. After all, if it's so good for the "people" why is it not good enough for them? What's your first clue?

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 03:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tardacus
they never were for the people they were just better at hiding their treachery, now they just don`t care to try and hide it because they know people are dumb and will still vote for them.

Its worse than that ,this is the end game, there is a reason the infrastructure is being let go and war is being pushed.

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 04:04 AM
link   
Politicians actually still work for their constituents. They will push to have federal money sent to their districts. The problem isn't so much politicians but the citizens. We have a large group of citizens that are diametrically oposed to one another. For example the whole resist movement Trump could attempt to do something that even the left agrees on however because it was his idea it's automatically opposed.

We the people did this we set it up this way if we required they work together they will. But now we have people that believe any concession is wrong but that's how the govt was set up . Without concessions it doesn't work it has been getting worse and worse with each election. Though it has never been this bad with this resist movement.

Just think we see the same thing on ATS with the arguments here. I've seen people go after Trump as their mission in life. Same under Obama until we relize that we need to get along nothing changes. As they say let the insults continue.
edit on 7/31/17 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 08:34 AM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

So you demand single payer after spending all those posts basically ripping them insurance companies by likening them to politicians? The same ones you want to give power over our lives?

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 08:37 AM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

It's very hard to find common ground when you have one group that wants government to do everything for us, and another that wants it leave us alone.

The first group can only get what they want by compelling all of us to go right along.

I'm not sure where you compromise and make concessions on that.

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 09:11 AM
link   

This is what happens when being a politician becomes a career. It's pretty simple, and has been going on for at least since the not-so-Civil War.

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Its been very different. This Country, and arguably, grew into the best Country in the world because of We the People. It has had very little to do with Washington DC nor the Politicians who call it home. We the People who come from a variety of places, and backgrounds, otherwise known as immigrants, immigrants who legally came to this Country in pursuit of a dream born from the ideas of freedom. The politicians do not offer freedom only enslavement to a system which has in recent years only become a bigger cesspool of greed, corruption, and selfishness.

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 10:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: dragonridr

It's very hard to find common ground when you have one group that wants government to do everything for us, and another that wants it leave us alone.

The first group can only get what they want by compelling all of us to go right along.

I'm not sure where you compromise and make concessions on that.

It's okay for people to be on opposite sides of an issue. Its always been that way and it generates healthy debate. Before this current president, the people of America, for the most part, accepted the election outcome and moved on with life until the next election cycle (i.e. respected the position). Now, there are very vocal people that just can't leave it behind. I think the real issue is that there are some very powerful people threatened by the "drain the swamp" movement. They will lie, cheat, steal and kill to keep from losing their spot.

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 12:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox

Democrats get paid off by insurance companies EVERY DAY too...

I don't think single payer is the best option because it's a democrat plan..

I back it because insurance companies are dead weight.. they are paper pushers taking .30 cents off every dollar spent on healthcare AND DO NOT PREFORM A MEDICAL FUNCTION!!!

Stuff cost too much you cut out the dead weight..

How is the insurance company board of directors ANY better than a politician?!?!

After seeing my car insurance increase, even as the car ages, I think they are milking the public too. Maybe government could streamline car insurance coverage as well!

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 12:57 PM
link   
a reply to: murphy22

There are pros and cons to the Universal Healthcare you're against. I don't think there has been a full non-partisan study completed yet.

Congress members DO have ObamaCare. The same ObamaCare that small businesses buy through Healthcare.gov. What's illegal is that Congress is not a small business...so they're cheating the system. Also the Treasury is paying part of the premium for each member of Congress. Since the coverage was obtained illegally, the payments to defray the premium costs are illegal.

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 04:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: murphy22

There are pros and cons to the Universal Healthcare you're against. I don't think there has been a full non-partisan study completed yet.

Congress members DO have ObamaCare. The same ObamaCare that small businesses buy through Healthcare.gov. What's illegal is that Congress is not a small business...so they're cheating the system. Also the Treasury is paying part of the premium for each member of Congress. Since the coverage was obtained illegally, the payments to defray the premium costs are illegal.

There was a fully partisan study done in California by the very same Democrats who very badly wanted to pass it. That study showed it would be financially unsustainable and triple the state budget.

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 05:39 PM
link   
They haven't been for quite sometime, now they don't care whether you know it or not.

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 06:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: gimcrackery
They haven't been for quite sometime, now they don't care whether you know it or not.

It looks like it!

Because Congress had "so much work to do", only July 11th, Mitch McConnell announced that the Senate would not leave town until the THIRD WEEK OF AUGUST.
Source: nypost.com...

Today is Thursday August 3rd and they are giving America "the finger"...leaving town for a long Summer vacation!
Source: www.stripes.com...

You're right, GimCrackery, they care nothing about Americans!

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 11:38 PM
link   

The pols learned that americans dont care about (other) americans.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join