It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What The Hell Happened To Our Politicians.. They Are Not FOR THE PEOPLE Any Longer.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2017 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Why is it that so many elected officials seem to have LOST their steadfast determination to do what's best for America and Americans??

1.) Republicans were so incensed over ObamaCare's infringement on American's Freedom, that they voted 52 times to repeal the Affordable Care Act between 2012 and 2016. (www.wnd.com...) President Obama vetoed the repeal bill.

But when it was GUARANTEE that ObamaCare Repeal would be signed by the new President Donald Trump, the Republicans wouldn't do it. They made 3 attempts last week, but fell short each time.

2.) Even though he was a big advocate of Single-Payer BEFORE becoming President, Barack Obama changed his tune after being elected. Democrats were upset with President Obama for not at least putting a "Public Option" (Medicare buy-in) into the mix when he was pushing for healthcare reform in 2009.

But at that time, Democrats were in charge of the White House/House/Senate. He could have fulfilled the Democrat dream of government-provided healthcare for all, but SOMETHING made President Obama abandon that life-long desire, right when all the stars were aligned to make it possible!

People say that special-interest groups and lobbyists are now controlling the politicians we elect to office. If that's the case, its VERY distressing that they are selling out America, and Americans, for relative peanuts. (Donations, petty favors, etc..)

Take the current Trump administration appointees for example. President Trump himself does NOT seem to be influenced by Special Interest Lobbies. But he has been appointing politicians to his cabinet who are part of the D.C. swamp/sewer. Even though these politicians are pro-Trump on the surface, their first allegiance has been to their long-time establishment colleagues. And, I think they're probably "blackmail eligible" due to the shady and/or illegal deals they have made for years, before 2017.

Just today, HHS Secretary (former U.S. swamp Congressman) TOM PRICE, told the news media that President Trump is bluffing, when he says that he'll let ObamaCare implode, if Republicans don't repeal-replace it. You don't tell the media that your boss is bluffing! Not unless you're part of the broad sewer-swamp that's attempting to keep the status-quo.
Source: abcnews.go.com...

I won't even go into the apparent effects that the "dark side" is having on Jeff Sessions, Reince Priebus, John McCain. The key point, is that U.S. politicians seem to be more of a liability to the electorate, than they are an asset who are working FOR US. How do you fix your house, when the entire support structure is rotting?

-CareWeMust

posted on Jul, 30 2017 @ 08:49 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Stop believing the lie.

They haven't represented us for years.

posted on Jul, 30 2017 @ 08:52 PM
link   

What The Hell Happened To Our Politicians.. They Are Not FOR THE PEOPLE Any Longer.

Politicians are for the rich people and corporations that put up the money to get them elected.

We get the best government money can buy.....Mark Twain.

Capitalism works in politics as well as in the market place.
edit on 30-7-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2017 @ 08:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
Why is it that so many elected officials seem to have LOST their steadfast determination to do what's best for America and Americans??

Because they figured out how to steal 20 Trillion Dollars ... and they don't have to care about anything anymore.

posted on Jul, 30 2017 @ 08:53 PM
link   

They knew repeal would take the subsidies but do NOTHING to lower pices..

They are stuck in a trap they created:..

The free market can't be trusted to deal with healthcare because it is inherently a losing proposition..

It can't be profitable and even remotely get the job done.. THE ONLY possible fix is single payer which is the opposite of what they have preached for decades

posted on Jul, 30 2017 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Understand, the couldn't pass single payer in California, and it wasn't Republicans that stopped them. California is thoroughly under single party rule. Democrats do whatever they want out there. It was the Democrat commissioned financial studies that stopped them from passing it.

A state with a $172B budget would need to figure out how to finance $400B minimum to cover a single payer scheme.

Don't delude yourself into thinking it would get cheaper on a federal level, either.

posted on Jul, 30 2017 @ 08:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox

They knew repeal would take the subsidies but do NOTHING to lower pices..

They are stuck in a trap they created:..

The free market can't be trusted to deal with healthcare because it is inherently a losing proposition..

It can't be profitable and even remotely get the job done.. THE ONLY possible fix is single payer which is the opposite of what they have preached for decades

You sound like Maduro in Venezuela who is telling his people that the only possible fix for their problems now is to basically abolish their representative government and award all power to a small cabal of leftists who would then abolish all regional governors in favor of "communal governing councils."

You know ... abolishing all freedom within the system for the people is the only possible fix.

posted on Jul, 30 2017 @ 08:58 PM
link   

I don't think you understand the priorities of politicians.

1. Get elected

2. Get re-elected

3. Build a library

We the people are not in their little plans yet we still elect them...

posted on Jul, 30 2017 @ 09:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

I don't think you understand the priorities of politicians.

1. Get elected

2. Get re-elected

3. Build a library

We the people are not in their little plans yet we still elect them...

You forgot accrue power to themselves.

posted on Jul, 30 2017 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Yeah, what seeker1963 said.

I don[t know if they have ever really were "FOR THE PEOPLE." At least, not for a couple of centuries.

Like doctors (I actually know a couple whom I respect, who are genuinely good people who care), and lawyers (I know one whom I think might be a decent human being), most of them are just narcissistic ba####ds who are out to get whatever they can at the expense of they don't care whom.

And they've been like that for pretty much the whole history of the world. They're just not pretending these days as much as they used to.
edit on 2017 7 30 by incoserv because: I could

posted on Jul, 30 2017 @ 09:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

Stop believing the lie.

They haven't represented us for years.

I realize that MANY of them haven't. But now it seems as if the scale has tipped to MOST of them not representing us.

posted on Jul, 30 2017 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Perhaps you can enlighten me as to when exactly a politician ever did anything good for the people or for the good of our Country. For the life of me I can only recall moments when it appeared that one of my elected officials was actually doing something good but later discover that it was really good for him or her and therefore the only reason it was ever done in the first place and only coincidental that it was good for the people or for the country, rarely ever both and the perfect Trifecta of good for politician, good for people, and good for country the most rare ever. I will be waiting for an answer but not much hope.

posted on Jul, 30 2017 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Politicians don't represent the people.

They are there in DC and elsewhere because they know what is best for the people.

Acuz we am stooped.

posted on Jul, 30 2017 @ 09:14 PM
link   

When your salary is in the range of $100,000 a year up to $500,000 for the Pres. But it takes in excess of over $100 million dollars to win an election at the low end. It's pretty obvious that just to get a seat let alone keeping it requires very very large donations from private parties.

When a private party donates money in that range they most certainly expect to get a return on that money. They aren't spending millions of dollars only to have someone make decisions that hurt their interests. Which is their bottom line as we know. They are buying those officials.

Now, since we're talking about such large numbers here, like 100's of millions, obviously individuals won't be the source of the majority of that money. Only entities like massive Corps. can afford to shell out anything near the level we're talking about. Maybe a handful of the richest people as well, but they aren't going to empty their own personal pockets to that degree either.

So who do you suppose they are going to pay attention to?? A hundred million individuals each putting in a dollar and all wanting different things or a couple mega donors who each pitched in 10 million each???

(If my actual numbers are off just adjust them accordingly to your liking. But the idea still remains the same.)

posted on Jul, 30 2017 @ 09:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

Politicians are for the rich people and corporations that put up the money to get them elected.

We get the best government money can buy.....Mark Twain.

Capitalism works in politics as well as in the market place.

How do rich people and corporations get them elected, when it is the American Citizen who votes them into office?

posted on Jul, 30 2017 @ 09:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl

originally posted by: carewemust

Because they figured out how to steal 20 Trillion Dollars ... and they don't have to care about anything anymore.

But that $20 Trillion has not been transferred into their personal estates. Their families are not made wealthy for generations due to their "selling out". It seems awfully shallow of them to betray the people for relative "peanuts".
edit on 7/30/2017 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2017 @ 09:20 PM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

Representative JOHN CONYERS has submitted a Single-Payer healthcare bill every year since 2003. Even when Democrats were in charge of Washington, they never voted into law.

conyers.house.gov...

posted on Jul, 30 2017 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Advertising, exposure, travel, assistance, publicists, PR firms, etc.

How much money do you think it requires to do all that???

You have to have teams of people out pushing your name all the time. Massive media exposure. Groups pushing your name and ideas. Buttons, posters, buses. Offices, etc. etc. etc.

All that stuff costs money and that's just a little piece of it. You also have to have your propaganda arm bashing your opponents, back alley bribes and deals for support, lawyers covering up all your illegal stuff, etc.

None of that stuff is cheap.

posted on Jul, 30 2017 @ 09:26 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

There are many pros and cons to implementing a nationwide Single-Payer system. I think you'd need a super computer to crunch all the variables and come up with a final "Good" or "Bad" determination.

Expanding Medicare to everyone seems to be the least costly model, according to:
www.healthcare-now.org...

posted on Jul, 30 2017 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Any longer? Lmao. Where have you been? I am sorry, but you act like politicians not doing what's best for the country is some new trend... Seriously, OP, where have you been?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join