It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Military investigators: British C-130 hit by new variant of SA-18 missile

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2005 @ 04:40 AM
link   
Scatz....

Your sort of reasoning and intellectual capabilities are on the same level as the terrorists.

Your pathetic.

Spacemunkey

posted on Jun, 23 2005 @ 11:46 AM
link   
You say they are 'terrorists' because they oppose an illegal military occupation of their country by a coalition headed by a country that is an enemy of Iraq. Let's not forget that the USA is not trying to get out of Iraq, they are simply attempting to repress the Iraqi's to the point where they can pull back to at least 7 permanent bases all over Iraq and their 'green' (control) zone; so that the installed Iraqi government can control the urban areas so that the US can pull the strings from a distance and continue interfering.

The Iraqi's need the US to commit to pull out of the country completly down to the last soldier, and the US must commit to a specific timetable, no more than a year, that this will be accomplished.

posted on Jun, 23 2005 @ 11:53 AM
link   
scatz, the problem with your reasoning is that you equate death with success. What if there was a way to end occupation and install a democracy in Iraq with minimal death, and then get out? Would you be alright with that or is it the actual death of American soldiers which gets you off?

posted on Jun, 23 2005 @ 06:29 PM
link   
We're oppressing the Iraqis? By giving them the chance to walk down the street without fear of being pulled into prison, shot and killed for no reason, and the families having to pay for the bullet? By letting them vote in the first HONEST (and I use the term loosely) election ever for most people in country? By letting the Kurds live in peace and not worry about troops marching into their cities and killing them, because the leader of the country decided he didn't like them? Right now we AREN'T planning to pull out of Iraq soon, which is a GOOD thing, because they don't have the forces or the ability to secure their country right now. They're getting there, but it would have been a lot worse if we had removed Hussein, and then left.

posted on Jun, 23 2005 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by scatz
That SA-18 is cool, I hope the insurgents get more of them and bring down more coalition aircraft;

i guess u must be hoping they blow up more mosques and claim it was justified because they aint pure Muslims.
in anicase thats just the way the "freedom fighters" like to fight, kill Muslims is wat Allah tells them in their heads.

posted on Jun, 23 2005 @ 10:30 PM
link   
You can say your helping the Iraqi's establish democracy all you want, the bottom line is that it's military occupation in order to prop up a powerless puppet regime, that the US inherently controls because that regime is dependent on permanent occupation-that in itself is the oppresion of nationalists who seek to have an independent Iraq.

Someone talk about that now the Iraqis "walk down the street without fear of being pulled into prison, shot and killed for no reason" thats a bunch of crap, the Iraqi's were much safer under the previous Iraqi govt, most of the mass killings that the Americans talk about occured during the Iran-Iraq war in the 80's in which 1 million were killed, Iran repeatedly exploited Iraq's ethnic problems to serve their own ends. At the time of the invasion in 2003, Iraqi's were not being mass killed, the Americans have murdered thousands in Falluja with bombings, often targeting groups of innocent civilians, you can see a video of this by searching bearshare by "Iraq War", there is a video in which a US warplane murders dozens of innocent Iraqi's and then the racist war criminal American celebrates by exclaiming "Dude!"

America will lose this war because it spends more than a billion dollars a week there and about 3 Americans get killed there everyday, the insurgency is getting stronger and there is no reason to think the Iraqs puppet govt will be able to control the situation in the next 5 years, so the US is stuck there with 140,000 troops in protracted, endless guerilla warfare-they can only sustain it for about another 2 years.

posted on Jun, 23 2005 @ 11:08 PM
link   
scatz do you have any proof, facts to back up what you are alleging and claming? Do you have anything other than theories and speculation? If it takes nothing more than speculation and theory to convince you of something then I guess you not as intelligent as I thought.

posted on Jun, 24 2005 @ 03:46 AM
link   
So all the people that had family members taken to prison and murdered are American sympathisers that are lying to prop up the story? There are HUNDREDS of reports from families that had someone taken to prison, murdered, and were billed for the bullet that was used to kill them. And let me guess, that video you mention was shot at night, through a night vision system, or a Heads Up Display. And you were there to personally witness that there were no weapons, and no IEDs, and absolutely nothing to threaten any troops then, or shortly after it happened.

[edit on 24-6-2005 by Zaphod58]

posted on Jun, 24 2005 @ 03:59 AM
link   
westpoint-just go to bearshare and download the video, i'd post it but this forum don't allow uploads, search for this:

War Crimes - U S F-16 Killing Innocent Iraqis In Fallujah.wmv

they are clearly un-armed and the point is innocent civilians get killed by 'accident' or whatever , killing is killing, there is no difference between what the US does and terrorist attacks, and the US military kills their young men who are simply fighting against foreign occupation-something that any decent patriot would do.

[edit on 24-6-2005 by scatz]

posted on Jun, 24 2005 @ 07:44 AM
link   
these sholder missiles are incridible in fact they are very deadly in attack against any given air craft they high tech, and there are some nations who produce similar missiles look a like ill give you my hypothesis countries that produce these missiles are China,Pakistan,North Korea,Russia but with a official source these sholder missiles werent given by any of the above nations at all, these came from Iran and they are defenetly in war against America.

the source what i have justified i can not say openly where it came from but this source is releaseable to the puplic.

[edit on 24-6-2005 by Interseptor]

posted on Jun, 25 2005 @ 12:40 AM
link   
whatever side of the issue your on, that SA-18 missile pictured on this thread is freggin cool, especially the way it breaks down into a case like that, I'm totally against using missiles like that as a terrorist weapon against commercial aircraft-but it should be used in Iraq by insurgents, they are fighting a legal war to end occupation.

can we get a larger version of that picture of it?

it has something electronic in the case that looks like a monitor, and then another electronic gadget-i wonder what those do..

"SA-18 employs an IR guidance system using proportional convergence logic. The probability of kill against an unprotected fighter is estimated at 30-48%, and the use of IRCM jammers only degrades this to 24-30%. "(strategypage.com)
I think it has something that detects flare counter-measures and avoids them and continues to it's target.

The US Military had also reported that one of their helicopters had been downed by an SA-18 in Tikrit.

[edit on 25-6-2005 by scatz]

posted on Jun, 26 2005 @ 02:59 AM
link   
SA-18 PIC

external image

*edited picture size*

[edit on 26-6-2005 by dbates]

posted on Jun, 26 2005 @ 05:17 AM
link   
thx for the picts

facinating stuff, i love the picture of the Russian or E Eu. guy selling them, what do you need a coupon

posted on Jun, 26 2005 @ 06:57 AM
link   
Well that exibition picture those SA-18 are LOADED and so arnt joke that man is a security officer, and the SA-18 if look closly there trigers are taken out so no body could fire them.

posted on Jun, 26 2005 @ 09:52 AM
link   
scatz

Your New just for tips.

listen I suggest that you should develop your theories by relevent sources one way is to go around the political forums on ATS or on the terror forums on ATS and read sources written by people also check the posts that have sources attached to them links, and so thus develop an understanding of the world situation.

Yes I agree the war was Illeagle.

But this does not mean that Insurgents should kill other people for the cost of there anger raged on the inocent Iraqis.

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 09:26 PM
link   
yea whatever..
An AH-64 'Apache' helicopter has crashed and it appears it was brought down by a missile. Being that the Apache is the fastest, with the best counter-measures, either the rebels got lucky or this is another SA-18..

from what I know the rebels have plenty of SA-7's but those suck, they are easily fooled by flares and innacurate..I wonder if this is another SA-18 and how many more the rebels got..if they get alot of these the US is f***ed, it will be just like the stinger in 1980's Afghanistan.

[edit on 27-6-2005 by scatz]

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 10:17 PM
link   
You're kidding right? Just because the SA-7 is old doesn't mean that it doesn't work. Do you know how EASY it is to bring down a helo with a SAM? Fairly slow moving target, with a big heat source, that flies low. You wait until he goes over, pop off a SAM from behind and they get a few seconds warning. And no matter how much armor a helo carries they're still more vulnerable to ground fire. Hit a rotor, and game over.

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 09:19 AM
link   
why are the american army all the sudden getting suicidle with launching operation with Helly's rather then fighter aircrafts, they much more faster then the Helly's and more accurate, and AH-64 is only mostly used to take out enemy tanks, don't tell me the insurgents got hold of tanks, that be very bad for US another pain in the A$$ when it comes at controling the iraqis.

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 09:24 AM
link   
fighter jets can't hover and they can't provide the kind of close protection (of convoys) that the helicopters can provide, and their bases are fewer and further apart, helicopter bases can be quickly set-up and you don't need a vulnerable run-way..

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Huh, what was that ? did the terrorist say something ?

Scatz - rest assured that someone is doing a reverse IP lookup on you right now, and if you happen to be a sympathiser located in the US - well let's just say that you'll enjoy your stay in Cuba.

This just proves that we still have lots of these cockroaches left to kill.

Welcome to my ignore list Osama.

[edit on 28-6-2005 by Winchester Ranger T]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join