It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Get ready to pay more for utilities under Pa. budget bill

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2017 @ 07:38 AM
link   
Here we go. These pricks officially raised my taxes AGAIN this year. Once again these a-holes raised my cost of living.

Yup.

The Pennsylvania Senate is advancing a revenue package to patch a more than $2 billion hole in the state's $32 billion budget for the fiscal year that began July 1. Final votes are expected Thursday, although it could face opposition in the House of Representatives before it reaches the desk of

Sick these dirtbags.

Enough said.

I want a law passed that if they raise taxes their pay takes a hit equal to the amount of taxes they choose to raise.

posted on Jul, 30 2017 @ 07:41 AM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

Haven't had the nick name Taxylvania for years for nothin.

Wolfe and the whole damn bunch need to go!

posted on Jul, 30 2017 @ 07:48 AM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

This whole country is on a massive downward spiral.

Tool would be proud.

posted on Jul, 30 2017 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Did you see this? Got no traction, no play what so ever. Big Pharm is in the pocket of the whole lot of em, so they just try to milk an already dry cow.

Auditor General DePasquale Recommends Regulating, Taxing Marijuana as Right Move to Help Deal with Critical Issues

posted on Jul, 30 2017 @ 07:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults
a reply to: seeker1963

This whole country is on a massive downward spiral.

Tool would be proud.

You mean NIN? Come on, I went to school with Trent. lol

posted on Jul, 30 2017 @ 08:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

Did you see this? Got no traction, no play what so ever. Big Pharm is in the pocket of the whole lot of em, so they just try to milk an already dry cow.

Auditor General DePasquale Recommends Regulating, Taxing Marijuana as Right Move to Help Deal with Critical Issues

Keep it illegal, they can figure out how to cut the budget or get fired

They need to start with their paychecks

posted on Jul, 30 2017 @ 08:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults
Here we go. These pricks officially raised my taxes AGAIN this year. Once again these a-holes raised my cost of living.

Yup.

The Pennsylvania Senate is advancing a revenue package to patch a more than $2 billion hole in the state's $32 billion budget for the fiscal year that began July 1. Final votes are expected Thursday, although it could face opposition in the House of Representatives before it reaches the desk of

Sick these dirtbags.

Enough said.

I want a law passed that if they raise taxes their pay takes a hit equal to the amount of taxes they choose to raise.

As the federal government continues to lower taxes (payroll taxes have been lowest since the early 1960's for several years), services that were subsidised at the federal level have now increasingly shifted to the states (education, infrastructure, social programs, health care, etc.)

People who receive these services don't really care where the funds come from, they just know that they have always had them and want them to continue.

So, we have witnessed services decreasing in several areas since the early 1980's, or local/state taxes increasing to make up for declining federal state subsidies.

I am not making a claim on the rightness or wrongness of the services, or the legitimacy of the PA political machine (I live in York County, PA and have definite opinions), or even the role of the federal government and individual states.

What I am pointing out, is that as we witness the reduction of federal funds subsidising state budgets, we will either see rising local/state taxes or a reduction in net services.

posted on Jul, 30 2017 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Is like to see a chart of state average income vs average tax.

wallethub.com...

I live in Maine- this chart says it's the fourth highest taxed state, while you're nearly half way down... But I'm also guessing the average income here is lower, making that percentage an even harder hit.

What I can't work out is why their rates are so low. When I calculated my tax rate for 2015 it was a hair short of 50%

posted on Jul, 30 2017 @ 08:46 AM
link   
a reply to: lordcomac

The PA cities were decimated by Obamas energy stance and !manufacturing moving to Mexico

posted on Jul, 30 2017 @ 09:13 AM
link   

From what I understand, this still must be approved in the House and signed by Wolfe for it to pass. I hold little hope for either of those to stop the increases.

As a resident of Pennsylvania, I say F-U Harrisburg. How about you try to actually cut costs for once instead of raising our taxes???

The whole system reminds of that Credence song........"and when they ask us, how much should we give, the only answer is MORE MORE MORE"

posted on Jul, 30 2017 @ 12:37 PM
link   

You're blaming Obama for the tax increases passed by this Republican controlled State Senate? Repubs always claim that tax cuts will boost economic activity; so why aren't they doing that here?

posted on Jul, 30 2017 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

I don't blame anyone but the a**holes who vote for it. Wolfe also gets blame if he signs it. So sick of them taking and taking and taking. How bout you bastards actually cut spending for once? And I mean an actual cut.....not a 3 percent increase instead of 5.

posted on Jul, 30 2017 @ 05:45 PM
link   
I've moved to this state when I was in high school and ever since I crossed the border there's been this weird energy. Cant explain it to tell the truth. This state is a common wealth and the average income is 55,702. I'm no where near that amount. The average wage for basic jobs is around 9ph. I'm not one of those crazy people that think 15 dollars an hour for flipping burgers or stacking shelves or pushing paper is worth that much. I wish I could live off of 5 like the old days. The raise to seven is killing us middle class. Milk is more then gas is # insane. Damn farmers are told to dump it to keep the price up. All because the rise in minimum wage that caused the rise in living. Dominoes.

Lunatics the lot of them.

All for the profit of nothing but faith in the value the paper displays. Or since profit is nothing at all the value is in the slaves that have the faith in it.

If this passes. Ill clean my hands of this place.

new topics

top topics

join