It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Trump-Russia Narrative is Dying. Why?

page: 42
<< 39  40  41    43  44 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 06:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

No,

You made that entire post up.

I get it though. Your life sucks and this is all you have left.

A dead, sad thread where you got outed as a troll, got tossed around the spit line for flunking basic debate, and on a subject that usually fills you with trollish joy, but instead show cased how vapid and empty of higher thought you are

What does your girlfriend say? Have one?

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 06:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

originally posted by: Gryphon66
More corroboration for the Tillerson story ...

US Secretary of State Rex Tillerson said on Monday that he had told Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov that Moscow's meddling in the vote created "serious mistrust" between the two countries.

"Russian meddling in the elections was certainly a serious incident," Tillerson told reporters after meeting Lavrov on Sunday on the sidelines of the ASEAN summit in the Philippine capital, Manila. "We talked about that in the discussion that we had with Mr Lavrov yesterday."

Aljazeera

Are you conflating "Russian meddling" with the Trump-Russia narrative because you have no evidence to support the Trump-Russia narrative?

Nope. I'm addressing the rank ignorance and reality denial put on display here by some members who deny that there actually was Russian meddling in the 2016 election. Also, this information speaks to the alleged "death" of media coverage of the Trump-Russia Scandal, as quite obviously, new coverage comes out from multiple media outlets every single day.

(post by tadaman removed for a manners violation)
(post by tadaman removed for a manners violation)

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 06:07 AM
link   

a reply to: UKTruth

Neither was yours.

I've repeated the evidence for you in this thread and many others. You may read that, or you can continue to chase my posts. Up to you.

This thread is about the Trump, Russia narrative - for which you have provided no evidence for that narrative's veracity at all.

This thread is about the alleged "death" of the Trump-Russia scandal. On the contrary, plenty of information has been posted by myself and multiple others that put the lie to the thesis advanced in the OP.

The narrative is dying because the news cycle on Trump colluding with Russia to influence the election has all but stopped, from a daily cycle of multiple news stories to almost nothing.

You still seem fixated on the word 'Russia' instead of the actual premise of the thread.

Perhaps if you want to support the fallacious claims in the OP, you could track over say the last six months the average number of stories per day regarding the on-going Trump-Russia Scandal. That might give some objective weight to your claims which are, at this moment, utterly preposterous.

Barely a day goes by in which there is not some new revelation regarding the Trump-Russia Scandal ... and that is more than obvious to most, particularly anyone paying attention in this thread.

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 06:09 AM
link   

And barely a day went by where 9/11, Iraq, and WMDs were not feverishly pushed onto the tabloid press' front pages.

That was a lie though, intelligence services were liars then too. The politicians who interpreted their non findings were liars. The media pundits who sold an illegal WAR were liars.

You are a liar.

edit on 8 7 2017 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 06:09 AM
link   

More corroboration for the Tillerson story ...

US Secretary of State Rex Tillerson said on Monday that he had told Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov that Moscow's meddling in the vote created "serious mistrust" between the two countries.

"Russian meddling in the elections was certainly a serious incident," Tillerson told reporters after meeting Lavrov on Sunday on the sidelines of the ASEAN summit in the Philippine capital, Manila. "We talked about that in the discussion that we had with Mr Lavrov yesterday."

Aljazeera

Are you conflating "Russian meddling" with the Trump-Russia narrative because you have no evidence to support the Trump-Russia narrative?

Nope. I'm addressing the rank ignorance and reality denial put on display here by some members who deny that there actually was Russian meddling in the 2016 election. Also, this information speaks to the alleged "death" of media coverage of the Trump-Russia Scandal, as quite obviously, new coverage comes out from multiple media outlets every single day.

The rejection of your narrative is based on the clear fact that the Trump-Russia election collusion story is dying a death. In fact, even those still going after Trump in the news seem more interested in his financial dealings going back to before the election cycle.

Regardless the volume of stories has dropped dramatically.

Russian 'meddling' is nothing new. In fact, the IC used election meddling in 2012 in their examples of propaganda from RT published in their report. No one is denying Russia use their media outlets and influence to try and unsettle US elections (as well as many other countries). There is , however, no evidence at all presented that they hacked the DNC or that the President was colluding with them to influence the election. This lack of evidence after so long is exactly why that narrative is dying.

You seem intent to lump everything 'Russia' into one argument - perhaps because you have nothing of substance if the argument becomes specific to the actual thread?
edit on 7/8/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 06:12 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 06:12 AM
link   

You keep repeating the basic statement of the OP, desperately trying to claim that it is "my narrative" or some other poster that you're chasing ... yet, the fact remains that EVERY SINGLE DAY there are more reports in the media regarding the Trump -Russia Scandal.

As I said, at least the facts of Russian meddling in our election have finally gotten through.

edit on 7-8-2017 by Gryphon66 because: has---->have

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 06:32 AM
link   

You keep repeating the basic statement of the OP, desperately trying to claim that it is "my narrative" or some other poster that you're chasing ... yet, the fact remains that EVERY SINGLE DAY there are more reports in the media regarding the Trump -Russia Scandal.

As I said, at least the facts of Russian meddling in our election have finally gotten through.

I think anyone paying attention can see that there is a reduction in the news coverage - and Democrats talking about - Trump colluding with Russia.
We're not discussing Russia stories. Case in point - your story about Rex Tillerson talking about Russian election meddling has zero to do with the Trump-Russia narrative. It's telling that you have to provide irrelevant stories to prop up a failed argument.

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 06:45 AM
link   

Yes, you've established that is what you think. A "reduction" is subjective. For example, Trump supporters desperate to avoid any evidence of the collusion of the Trump Campaign with the Russians, suffer severe cognitive dissonance over the smallest report. It's obvious, and directly observable, that even small reports on minor issues regarding the Trump-Russia Scandal heavily trigger Trumpers.

It's not hard to understand why, as some have irrationally claimed in this very thread, that the "assault on Trump is 24/7."

Anything factual about the Scandal is blown massively out of proportion by some.

The facts of the calendar (August recess, vacations, etc.) notwithstanding, Special Counsel Mueller's investigation is heavily gearing up in the last month or so. This was reported here and immediately, attempts were made to diminish the blatant facts.

Your posts generally do the same thing, "UK" ... for example, your attempted insistence that our Secretary of State ADMITTING to the international news community that Russian hacking and interference has DAMAGED US-Russian relations considerably is off-topic ... on the contrary, this relates DIRECTLY to the significance of collusion of the Trump campaign with Russian agents. It's rather absurd to suggest otherwise.

Tillerson, McMaster, and I hope Kelly may be what little hope the Trump Administration still has for credibility in the next few years. I have little hope of that, however.
edit on 7-8-2017 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 06:57 AM
link   

There is your problem.
Russia meddling in the election - and let's be clear there is no evidence of anything other than the use of media channels - is not news of Trump colluding with Russia to influence the election.

That you think a Russian story about election meddling boosts the narrative that Trump colluded with them to do so, then I can see why you believe the narrative is not dying. You've conflated different issues.

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 07:05 AM
link   

There is your problem.
Russia meddling in the election - and let's be clear there is no evidence of anything other than the use of media channels - is not news of Trump colluding with Russia to influence the election.

That you think a Russian story about election meddling boosts the narrative that Trump colluded with them to do so, then I can see why you believe the narrative is not dying. You've conflated different issues.

I have not claimed here that the substantiated Russian meddling in our 2016 Election proves anything ... aside from the fact that it happened (which many here have categorically denied.)

The facts that several individuals associated with Trump's campaign colluded in this Russian effort to manipulate our Election are obvious and repeated here multiple times. Flynn, Manafort, Sessions, Trump Jr. etc. This is really not even up for debate at this point for any rational person ... all four of those individuals have ADMITTED that they worked with the Russians.

To reiterate what we know for certain:

Trump-Russia Scandal receives daily reference in national and international media.

At least four members of the Trump Campaign have ADMITTED that they worked with the Russians.

Secretary Tillerson has now ADMITTED on the international public record that the Russian attempts to interfere in our 2016 Election have had massive international repercussions.

The constant (and desperate) attempts to muddle the actual facts here have really gotten pathetic.

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Trump Jr, Flynn, Manafort and Session have admitted to collusion with Russia to influence the election???? Wow, you are making things up. I can only assume you are suffering from some kind of cognitive malfunction regarding this issue.

None of them have been shown to - or admitted - any such thing.

It is REALLY becoming clear now why you mistakenly believe the Trump-Russia collusion narrative is not dying.

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 07:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
a reply to: Dfairlite

They know (and HAVE known) the Russian narrative is bogus.
They've decided to now go all in on the 'Trump WH Infighting and Chaos' focus.

The buzz in Twitter circles is that all the fake news was actually leaked intentionally and that something big is going down starting today. Some say the firings begin today and Bannon may be first.

At the same time this theory was put out there by some that claim to know, the MSM started praising McMasters the same way they did Sessions. When the Sessions in the dog house narrative came out it was followed by the announcement of investigations. If the Mis-direction/ruse theory is correct, thief same pattern should hold true and we should be hearing more action against Trumps foes very soon.

People are confused. How could Trump keep McMasters if Media Matters, CNN, MSNBC etc are praising him. Two of the Twitter sources for the Mis-direction/ruse theory are Thomas Wictor and a character called 0Hour1. They only provided hints but people are figuring out that this is the most likely theory.

Myself I'm torn between Trump being surrounded by generals that will aid in a coup d'etat or they are there as true patriots to aid in the plan and save America from the deep state.

Either way it appears it's about to get interesting!

Edit to add: Supposedly the whole ruse was cooked up by Flynn... Including his resigning/being fired. Bannon may have only been put in place as a sacrificial lamb for the bigger plan unfolding. No idea if there's truth but it's getting crazy. Some are also suggesting that Mike Cernovich was used to leak information to make this all look real. -Just checked and very calm in MSM concerning anti-trump stories. Calm before the storm?

edit on 7-8-2017 by Mike.Ockizard because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Dying coverage? LMAO. The Russia/Trump thing have only gotten bigger and broader in scope. Team Mueller, for starts, has brought on heavy hitting lawyers and legal personnel. People whose resume's include taking down organized crime and even a president, Nixon. You don't pull in that kind of firepower when there is "nothing to see". On top of the grand juries and subpoenas he's been putting together, and his investigative scope recently got bigger, and into the Trump family itself.

Mueller, being a veteran pro, has been very careful about what he has uncovered so far, in terms of revealing what he has. He's building an active case, so the buzz from his camp is going to be limited until the actual case has been completed and goes to trial. But given what little has been leaked, and judging by the steadily growing scale, scope, and target of the investigation, my guess is they already have something serious and solid on Team Chump.

And considering that Trump was looking into pardoning himself, the chaos in his staff, the threats made towards the investigation, and the distancing from Trump, my guess whenever the hammer hits, it's going to be brutal.

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 11:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Mike.Ockizard

I thought the same thing.

That maybe if Trump were to go after them out of the pen that his opposition would cry foul.

If he is investigated and accused over a long period of time first, when all is said and done, the fair response would be to CONTINUE investigating into DNC /Clinton illegallities. Mainly the DNC leak and murder of Seth Rich for leaking.

I see this all as a sacrifice to that end.

They wont have an excuse not to investigate all others after this.

If not, we should push for that. Write to our representatives, CALL THEM. They get maybe 1 call a week from their constituants. If they get dozens or hundreds of calls they freak out

Thats when they say what we do, and do what we say.

Remember, these investigations have to keep going now, and as intently as now. Investigate the whole bunch of them, Bernie too.

The intelligence community needs to be investigated for all these leaks as well. The FBI and CIA principally.

edit on 8 7 2017 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 12:06 PM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

I understand your rational but still on the fence. In my mind, if this was all some big con, wouldn't Flynn and Bannon have agreed to being fired? (If in fact Bannon gets fired).

Another idea floating around is that the independent bloggers etc are controlled by Russia and Bannon is in fact part of some Russian plan. This could just be the DeepState trying to turn Trumpers away from media that releases real information.

Cloak and dagger is a b!tch

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 02:47 PM
link   

My statements thus far in this discussion revolve around these points:

Russia attempted to manipulate/interfere with the American Election 2016. (And I am glad to see some of you have finally realized that.)

Members of the Trump campaign/team (including but not limited to Manafort, Sessions, Flynn and Donnie Jr.) colluded with Russian agents ... and in Junior's case, have admitted to doing so to receive information (possibly stolen) from a foreign power intended to damage an American Presidential Candidate. Manafort and Flynn have registered as FOREIGN AGENTS after the fact in a bit to limit their legal exposure, Mr. Sessions recused himself from anything to do with the official investigation into the Trump-Russia Scandal (which is any way you look at it, an admission of guilt.)

(Perhaps these facts too will become more clear to some of you presently).

These are statements I have either made or implied. Anything else is provided by your imagination.

edit on 7-8-2017 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 03:15 PM
link   

My statements thus far in this discussion revolve around these points:

Russia attempted to manipulate/interfere with the American Election 2016. (And I am glad to see some of you have finally realized that.)

Members of the Trump campaign/team (including but not limited to Manafort, Sessions, Flynn and Donnie Jr.) colluded with Russian agents ... and in Junior's case, have admitted to doing so to receive information (possibly stolen) from a foreign power intended to damage an American Presidential Candidate. Manafort and Flynn have registered as FOREIGN AGENTS after the fact in a bit to limit their legal exposure, Mr. Sessions recused himself from anything to do with the official investigation into the Trump-Russia Scandal (which is any way you look at it, an admission of guilt.)

(Perhaps these facts too will become more clear to some of you presently).

These are statements I have either made or implied. Anything else is provided by your imagination.

Sessions recused himself because it is DOJ policy to do exactly that - it was not an admission of guilt on anything, something he made very clear during his public testimony. You are reaching for a conclusion. Always a sign there is no substance to an argument.

Manafort and Flynn were not unregistered agents for Russia. None of them have 'colluded' with Russian agents according to the evidence we have.

Trump Jnr took a meeting to gather opposition research based on an introduction to people he didn't even know by one of his friends/associates. There was nothing illegal about doing so, even though the source was allegedly two Russian business men.

Russia have been pushing propaganda to influence elections for decades, including in the US.

If they are these are the points of 'evidence' you have of a Trump-Russia narrative then your clutching at the last straw.

new topics

top topics

<< 39  40  41    43  44 >>

join