It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Seth Rich Leaked DNC Emails to... Russian Lawyer?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2017 @ 12:41 AM
link   
To me, it seems all but confirmed that Russia had nothing to do with wikileaks. Wikileaks editor in chief, Julian Assange, has denied that any state actor was responsible for giving them the emails.
Link
Assange has even insinuated that seth rich was a wikileaks source

Kim dotcom has said he knows it was seth rich and he has evidence. He has even offered that evidence to the authorities.
Link
The data transfer times prove that the emails were taken locally, not by a hacker.
Link
Crowdstrike is the only people that have looked at the DNC server and they've got a bad track record.
Link

But the new spin (this time coming from Washington, via an anonymous source) is that yes, it was Seth Rich, but he leaked the emails to none other than Natalia Veselnitskaya. You know, the lawyer that Trump Jr. met with.
Link

The anonymous Washington source said:

They claimed the Russian lawyer had met with Rich about a month before his death, four to six weeks, and Seth provided her with emails that were, apparently, leaked later on WikiLeaks.

This theory has a ton of questions that don't work well with it:
First, why would he leak them to Russia at all? What would he be thinking would happen by giving them to Russia?
Second, why would he give them to this Russian lawyer who isn't recognizably part of the Kremlin, if his intention was for Russia to have them?
Third, how would he have contacted her, she only speaks Russian... did he speak Russian? Did they use a translator?
Fourth, wouldn't going straight to wikileaks be the best way to get the info out there?
Fifth, if there was not any Russian hacking... was anything that happened illegal? Anything at all?
Sixth, if there was not any Russian hacking, how did Russia meddle in our election??????????????????????????
Seventh, if there was not any Russian hacking, why was everyone fooled into thinking there was?

In my mind, there is one shred of truth here, Seth Rich was the source. He was 'robbed" of his life (but nothing else) for being the source. The idea of him giving the info to russia (much less a lawyer who no one knew until a few weeks ago) is just the DNC trying to keep the russian narrative alive after being dealt death blows over the last two weeks.

Or it could be disinformation. Or it could be 100% accurate (but we need some answers for that to make sense).

Crazy times people, crazy times.
edit on 30-7-2017 by Dfairlite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2017 @ 12:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Dfairlite

One possibility that I can think of, which doesn't fit with the anonymous source's telling, but fits the evidence pattern AND keeps russia alive in the story is that Rich was going to meet someone at the FBI to show them the rigging of the primary. Russian intelligence caught wind of this meeting and intercepted/killed Seth Rich while he had the thumb drive containing the evidence with him.

Russian intel then gives this lawyer the thumb drive to pass to Trump Jr. She never talks about what's on the thumb drive and yammers on about the magnitsky act. Jr gets back to his laptop to find a treasure trove and gives it to wikileaks.

posted on Jul, 30 2017 @ 12:47 AM
link   
Why would Donald Trump Jr. meet with her, think that she had "dirt" on Hillary? All the "dirt" had already been exposed via Wiki-Leaks.

At that point (Sept 2016), Hillary was already shooting herself in the foot frequently anyway.

posted on Jul, 30 2017 @ 12:53 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Rich was killed on July 10th, 2016. This source claims he met with the lawyer 4-6 weeks prior to that. So between may 29th and June 12th. Right around the time the lawyer met with Trump Jr.

posted on Jul, 30 2017 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Because we know they agreed to meet with the Russian government and then went to the meeting....

All this evidence for Seth being the leak is just from right wing sites that don't even have reporters...

They have commentators..

Kim.com has claimed to have evidence forever yet refused to produce it.. leading even Fox News to retract the story..

The only credible account is assange..

And is it credible when even home won't confirm it was Rich..

I think most likely is that Rich might have been talking to assange about a future leak.

That would explain assange hinting at Rich, but refusing to say he was the dnc leak.. unless we are assuming assange is lying.. then his whole story is useless..

Rich's family thinks the "Rich leak theory" is BS and they should be the first in line to buy ANYTHING that would give their sons death purpose..

But they thought the opposite.. that those pushing the leaks were stopping any real investigation.

posted on Jul, 30 2017 @ 12:59 AM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

But they thought the opposite.. that those pushing the leaks were stopping any real investigation.

And that should tell you all you need to know. The people demanding a deep investigation are somehow stopping an investigation LMAO.

posted on Jul, 30 2017 @ 01:11 AM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

All this evidence for Seth being the leak is just from right wing sites that don't even have reporters...

Logical Fallacy

posted on Jul, 30 2017 @ 01:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dfairlite

One possibility that I can think of, which doesn't fit with the anonymous source's telling, but fits the evidence pattern AND keeps russia alive in the story is that Rich was going to meet someone at the FBI to show them the rigging of the primary. Russian intelligence caught wind of this meeting and intercepted/killed Seth Rich while he had the thumb drive containing the evidence with him.

Russian intel then gives this lawyer the thumb drive to pass to Trump Jr. She never talks about what's on the thumb drive and yammers on about the magnitsky act. Jr gets back to his laptop to find a treasure trove and gives it to wikileaks.

I said something similar months ago and everyone attacked me and called me crazy.

Who knows why he had the emails on the drive? If I remember correctly, (correct me if I'm wrong) Rich was on the way to meet someone from the FBI around the time of his murder.

Maybe Rich was going to hand the DNC leaks over to the FBI, but the Russians got to him first. And then they gave them to wikileaks to be released, instead of the FBI getting them like Rich intended.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 30 2017 @ 01:46 AM
link   
Obviously Assange is a liar.
Or Russia had a beard deliver the goods.
edit on 7302017 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2017 @ 01:54 AM
link   

Rich was killed on July 10th, 2016. This source claims he met with the lawyer 4-6 weeks prior to that. So between may 29th and June 12th. Right around the time the lawyer met with Trump Jr.

My bad. I quit staying current on the Russian Witch-hunt when it became clear that nothing was there. Didn't know that Donald Trump II met the Russian lawyer in June. I was thinking September. Now it's becoming much clearer WHY he met her when he did. Thank-you!

posted on Jul, 30 2017 @ 02:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Assange is a liar? Or assange is lying about this one thing? Do you have proof either way?

posted on Jul, 30 2017 @ 02:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
Why would Donald Trump Jr. meet with her, think that she had "dirt" on Hillary? All the "dirt" had already been exposed via Wiki-Leaks.

At that point (Sept 2016), Hillary was already shooting herself in the foot frequently anyway.

Excatly, that right there disproves this new bs narrative.

posted on Jul, 30 2017 @ 02:22 AM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

It at least makes some semblance of sense. I still think it's less likely than DNC players killing him, but certainly more likely than a botched robbery.

Also, how do we know he wasn't meeting with his wikileaks or FBI contact and was killed on the way back?

posted on Jul, 30 2017 @ 03:59 AM
link   

I am amazed that no MSM is even reporting on the Seth Rich murder (/sarcasm.) Botched robbery my ass. I would have at least stole something from him if I were a thief.

I cannot believe that this gets swept under the rug so easily.

posted on Jul, 30 2017 @ 04:30 AM
link   
a reply to: gamesetter

The only way a botched robbery ends in no stolen good is if the person accidentally shoots the victim, panics, and runs. He was shot twice in the back. Explain how that accidentally happens, it doesn't.

posted on Jul, 30 2017 @ 06:53 AM
link   
This smacks of an attempted cover up... given that the public message has been that Russia hacked the servers and its apparently 100% confirmed, it must be getting close to that lie being outed. Hence Russia need to be kept in the loop somehow with a new story. the obvious question is - how can anyone believe anything that comes out Washington insiders if the Russian 'hack' turns out to be false given all their posturing???

posted on Jul, 30 2017 @ 11:30 AM
link   

It at least makes some semblance of sense. I still think it's less likely than DNC players killing him, but certainly more likely than a botched robbery.

Also, how do we know he wasn't meeting with his wikileaks or FBI contact and was killed on the way back?

I'd say it's more likely the Russian government involved their friends in the Russian mob to take out Seth and rob him.

The whole DNC murder cabal is an online fantasy. Russian mobsters robbing and killing someone is a Tuesday afternoon for them. I think the news story in the OP is the sanitized MSM version.

posted on Jul, 30 2017 @ 04:16 PM
link   

You think Russians kill people in the usa all of the time? Somehow I don't think so. In Russia, sure. But here in the US, we have our own mob, Its the DNC.

posted on Jul, 30 2017 @ 05:31 PM
link   
This could be misinformation to keep Russia in the narrative. The truth could be more towards in inside leak than external hack. Looks that way to me.

posted on Jul, 30 2017 @ 06:01 PM
link   

You think Russians kill people in the usa all of the time? Somehow I don't think so. In Russia, sure. But here in the US, we have our own mob, Its the DNC.

The Russian mob is part of the Russian government. Why wouldn't they use them to do their dirty work over here?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join