It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'The thing in the woods' still puzzles Moncton-area family after 55 years

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2017 @ 05:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

One time I found a U2 spy camera in a dumpster. A photo enlargement company went out of business and they threw away everything, including a hi altitude spy camera. It was beautiful. I took it to the flea market and finally sold it to someone that wanted to scrap it for the large diameter lens.

Can't believe they threw away such a piece of history or that I sold it for junk at a flea market...

But, I was homeless at the time, needed the dough. Besides it took up too much space in the truck.

I only knew what it was because the owner of the store told me. He had it on display on a shelf from his early days working with the US gubment.

posted on Jul, 30 2017 @ 06:03 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

You should read this article. Man uses lens from U2 camera

I wonder if this is the same one?!

posted on Jul, 30 2017 @ 06:27 AM
link   

No way to tell. The guy I sold it to said he was a telescope maker. Photo buffs love big optics. I also scrapped large Kodak copy machines and sold the large diameter lenses at flea markets.

posted on Jul, 30 2017 @ 06:31 AM
link   

See what you think of this article about being poor. I can relate to a lot of those lines lol.

posted on Jul, 30 2017 @ 06:32 AM
link   
Interesting thanks for showing I found an article that details the project. This was a massive spy effort for China and Russia and apparently had some success. But eventually Russia complains and the project is abandoned. Betting Russians got tired of finding these things

stratocat.com.ar...

PS the containers would have been filled with water. If the barometer showed the balloon descending it would drop these to maintain altitude.
edit on 7/30/17 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2017 @ 06:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kandinsky

See what you think of this article about being poor. I can relate to a lot of those lines lol.

I like this line better. Its from the link in your Signature...

Poverty is your teasure. Never exchange it for an easy life.

posted on Jul, 30 2017 @ 06:43 AM
link   

There's a lot of food for thought in those lines. It's been there since 27th December 2015 as a reminder to value trials as well as successes.

posted on Jul, 30 2017 @ 03:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

originally posted by: Blastoff

Or vodka in case the Russians got it.

They would have gone blind from that brand of alcohol, used as ballast to adjust altitude because it doesn't freeze.

Thanks for clearing that up. Ballast with alcohol make perfect sense when you think about it

posted on Jul, 30 2017 @ 04:06 PM
link   
freedom balloon

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 05:53 AM
link   
Im suprised they didn't lie and tell everyone it was a ufo and not a high altitude balloon.

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 07:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kandinsky

There's a lot of food for thought in those lines. It's been there since 27th December 2015 as a reminder to value trials as well as successes.

And keep one humble.

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 08:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Brian4real
Im suprised they didn't lie and tell everyone it was a ufo and not a high altitude balloon.

Can't, they got photos in the public realm.

Didn't stop them from spreading UFO stories though, when they captured the acorn Russian capsule in Kecksburg.

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 08:37 AM
link   

i looked at Chris's sun photos using that lens, VERY neat and artistic

that U2 lens is made where i live
edit on 31-7-2017 by penroc3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 02:59 PM
link   
a reply to: penroc3

Thanks for the recommendation

His site has some very cool images. Have you got a link for the ones taken with the U2 lens? I'd love to see them

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 05:14 AM
link   

Absolutely! Ive read lots of reports on that, and it really seems quite obvious that it may have been a 'ufo', but NOT alien in nature. All signs point to a russian spy satellite, the size and shape even matches some of the Russian prototypes.

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 07:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Brian4real

As well the eyewitness descriptions favor reentry of a man made object. The image of the acorn on the truck matched profiles of russian space vehicles and guess what, there was one due to reenter the atmosphere at the time.

Don't tell anyone though, "its really a aleen capsule".

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join