It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Threatens To End The Congressional Exemption From ObamaCare!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 07:50 PM
link   
a reply to: links234

You still are not understanding the strategy behind the comments.

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 07:51 PM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

Pfft...

I would bet Trump and family have way better insurance than the Office of the Presidency has

+2 more 
posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 07:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: links234
Is this guy really that dumb? I mean...really? Part of why Obamacare passed is to explicitly place members of congress and their staff on Obamacare. They got kicked off of their government plans and put onto the Obamacare exchange.

Is Trump threatening to kick members of congress off of Obamacare and back onto the federally funded plans they had before? What kind of threat is that?

As part of the 2010 health care law, members of Congress and many staffers were shifted out of the usual Federal Employee Health Benefits structure and into the new insurance exchanges set up by the law.

Congress is already on Obamacare, Trump doesn't know wtf he's talking about. Again.

You are bit uninformed.

www.forbes.com...

The Affordable Care Act threw members and staff out of the Federal Employees Health Benefits Program, and basically says they can only get health benefits through one of the law's new Exchanges.

Under pressure from Congress and the president himself, the federal Office of Personnel Management (which administers benefits for federal workers, including Congress) decided the House and Senate would participate in the District of Columbia's "Small Business Health Options Program," or "SHOP" Exchange, rather than the Exchanges that exist for individuals.

The reason is that federal law would not allow members and staff to keep receiving a taxpayer contribution of up to $12,000 toward their premiums if they enrolled in individual-market Exchanges. Yet putting Congress in a small-business Exchange isn't exactly legal, either. Both federal and D.C. law expressly prohibited any employer with more than 50 employees from participating D.C.'s SHOP Exchange. The House and Senate each employ thousands upon thousands of people.

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 07:57 PM
link   
HAHA, How does Trump plan to do this? Veto a bill that is already law. Unless congress passes an amendement to that law Trump cant do anything. It is all bluster because he didnt get his health care win.

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 07:58 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

The reason is that federal law would not allow members and staff to keep receiving a taxpayer contribution of up to $12,000 toward their premiums if they enrolled in individual-market Exchanges. Yet putting Congress in a small-business Exchange isn't exactly legal, either. Both federal and D.C. law expressly prohibited any employer with more than 50 employees from participating D.C.'s SHOP Exchange. The House and Senate each employ thousands upon thousands of people.

Good lord. And they were receiving a $12,000 contribution towards their premiums? And the people who set the laws of the land are going through the crooked back door to get their health insurance? Disgusting.

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 08:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll

Good lord. And they were receiving a $12,000 contribution towards their premiums? And the people who set the laws of the land are going through the crooked back door to get their health insurance? Disgusting.

Haha... wouldn't want congress and their staff to loose 12K of taxpayer money a year for THEIR health premiums would you?
edit on 29-7-2017 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 08:09 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 08:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Terminal1

That or worse. Try that though. See if more is needed. Rinse and repeat.

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 08:17 PM
link   
OMG has everyone on ATS agreed on a subject for once?.

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 08:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: testingtesting
OMG has everyone on ATS agreed on a subject for once?.

I would assume most everyone would agree unless you were one of the people taking advantage of this "loophole" they made for themselves....

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 08:26 PM
link   

The Affordable Care Act threw members and staff out of the Federal Employees Health Benefits Program, and basically says they can only get health benefits through one of the law's new Exchanges.

Do you even know what Obamacare is? It's the exchanges. Obamacare is the exchanges. Congress is on the exchange program, they're on Obamacare.

Using Obamacare as a dog-whistle is so damned useless in this argument.

Let me help you:

Trump Threatens to End Congress' Employer Contributions

It has, literally, nothing to do with Obamacare or any 'special' health insurance that congress has. It has to do with the employer contribution that they receive. 'Employer' being the federal government. It's the same thing that just about anyone else with a job in a large company gets.
edit on 29-7-2017 by links234 because: bad coding

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 08:31 PM
link   

You miss the point.

It's about the money, not the "insurance".

Swisssshhhh........

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 08:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

Apparently his strategy is to appear as senile and ineffectual as possible... and then to prove it beyond all doubt.

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 08:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dudemo5

Apparently his strategy is to appear as senile and ineffectual as possible... and then to prove it beyond all doubt.

(picture worth a thousand words)

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 08:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dudemo5

(picture worth a thousand words)

Apply the picture to yourself, hoss.

The only point here is that Donald is senile.

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Come on Mr. POTUS - here is your opportunity to be the person for all people and unite the US.

My Husband and I are paying almost $13K a year for health insurance, he just retired and I have insurance through the Texas State exchange...and it sucks! My husband is going to have to have Laser Back surgery, and we are going to be on the hook for at least $25K above and beyond our premiums...

When McCain walked up there in the Senate and did the dramatic thumbs down to repeal, I threw up in my mouth. Who paid for your brain cancer surgery Mr. McCain? You are a con. I don't agree with the stupidity of the bill the GOP came up with either, and for the record, I am neither Dem or Rep, but OMG do they not get that no one falls for these grand gestures of drama anymore? STFD both sides and do some work. What do they do all day??? Seven years later and no plan?

Please Mr. Trump do this!!!

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 08:49 PM
link   

According to the article that you linked to in the post that started this thread, Congress has been on ObamaCare for years....

""As part of the 2010 health care law, members of Congress and many staffers were shifted out of the usual Federal Employee Health Benefits structure and into the new insurance exchanges set up by the law.""

www.rollcall.com...

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 08:55 PM
link   

As much as I would love to see the a$$holes in congress have to deal with the same crap they shovel out to us, that will not happen. They will just pay the $1000 fine for not having obamacare and keep the insurance they have now. And then they will grant themselves a $10,000 raise for the stress and expense they endured.

The only thing that will make a difference is if they actually have to use the same insurance they force on us.

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 08:56 PM
link   
He absolutely should..I hope he does..he could include himself and his own as well but really irrelevant as he can afford whatever level of care he wants.

I see conflicting info on their current situation, are they or not already on some form of Obamacare?
edit on 29-7-2017 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 09:02 PM
link   
how can it be considered a threat ? doesn`t a threat imply that something bad is going to happen, if obamacare is good enough for the American people then it`s good enough for our employees in congress.
if obamacare is something to be feared and something that can used as a threat then why the hell did the government force all us common americans to participate in it?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join