It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

J.K. Rowling Called Out For Lying About U.S. President Donald Trump Ignoring Disabled Child

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Another example of one who leans left going total bat shat crazy over nothing.

link   

originally posted by: NowanKenubi
I saw that today elsewhere and there was another parcel of info posted by someone, not related to what she said, but to something else she created.
Does anyone here knows of Lumos? She founded it and look at the logo of that foundation, made to help children...

Lumos

I can't believe it.

Could be another common "Salary Scam".

+4 more 
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

twitter gives a very good insight into the minds and thought processes of humans - particularly the ones with blue ticks beside their handles. Spend 15 minutes reading any profile of interest and take away from it what you will. For me JKR has made it clear that she loathes Trump with every tweet she's made in the last 12+ months focusing on anything 'not Harry Potter'.

She's like Madonna & Co - everyone who disagrees with them and their opinions is a racist Russian-lovin' misogynist. They say such things from behind their walled-compounds and/or security details. Folks like Rowling are out-of-touch with reality by the very nature of how they live each day.
edit on 29/7/2017 by Sublimecraft because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 08:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: growler

originally posted by: LadyGreenEyes

Considering how much of her material is, shall we say, far from original, did anyone expect her to be honest about anything else?? Overrated hack, as far as I a concerned.

other than the op calling her a liar there's nothing to prove she is.
just triggered trump fans defending their dreamboat.

Nothing? Really? Do some reading; she's been accused of stealing various things for her books many many times, and that has NOTHING to do with President Trump.

Did Harry Potter Really Steal All These Story Ideas?

Whether she did or not is a matter of opinion, and many believe she did. Never cared for her stuff myself. Boring, unoriginal, childish drivel, as far as I am concerned, and I have said the same for ages.

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 08:07 PM
link   
She's only famous because she plagiarized the whole Harry Potter franchise.......

For years, there have been various accusations that JK Rowling "stole" the characters or ideas for her series of Harry Potter books. The claim that got the most attention was Nancy Stouffer's book "The Legend Of RAH And The Muggles" which not only uses the word "muggles" (used in Rowling's work as well) but also has a character named Larry Potter (who has some resemblance to Harry's character). But, of course, that wasn't all. Last year, we wrote about a 1986 movie called Troll that also had a character named "Harry Potter." But apparently, that's not enough. The latest is that Rowling's publisher, Bloomsbury Publishing, has been sued again for plagiarism over the Potter books, this time by the estate of Adrian Jacobs. It seems that Jacobs once wrote a book about a boy wizard called Willy The Wizard that has some distant similarities to some stuff that happens in the Potter books.

www.techdirt.com...

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 08:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: openyourmind1262

Your right. It was very similar to how Trump accused Obama of wiretapping.

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 08:18 PM
link   
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

fantasy wizard stuff isnt new tho...... none of that sfuff is original nor is harry potter

i mean, you, me or anyone, given enough time could write a wizard fantasy book
edit on 29-7-2017 by Jiggly because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 08:20 PM
link   
a reply to: UnBreakable

lmao. There was a character in the other book called "Larry Potter"?

No sure why I find that hilarious....i just do

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 08:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jiggly
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

fantasy wizard stuff isnt new tho...... none of that sfuff is original nor is harry potter

i mean, you, me or anyone, given enough time could write a wizard fantasy book

Brilliant Observation !

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 08:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi

originally posted by: openyourmind1262

Your right. It was very similar to how Trump accused Obama of wiretapping.

amongst a myriad of other claims and "alternative" truths...

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 08:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986

This beech.....

I said biiiiiiiiiiiiiitch!

Yep, I said it!

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 08:37 PM
link   
She's a virtue-signalling billionaire and professional hypocrite. All you'd need to do is look into what she says against what she does to realize it. Say one thing, do another.

The most important thing to remember here is that writing a few books and accidentally having great movies made about them by other people, in no way makes you more qualified or give you more authority and command to speak about issues than the average bag lady down on the corner who reeks of cat piss and is fervidly protecting her trolley full of old cans.

So, good on her for having an opinion but what a shame it's ill-informed and that when she offers it up she is hiding behind one of the 8 foot high walls to one of her many mansion complexes. Bet you can stash millions of cans in a mansion, holy heck.

edit on 29-7-2017 by GusMcDangerthing because: gr

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 09:19 PM
link   

She's probably jealous that Trump never grabbed her in the pussy.

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 09:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
a reply to: Joneselius

Who cares? J.K. Rowling will have her opinion whether I or anyone else likes it or not so why make a big deal out of it?

Because it is not an opinion if Trump paid attention to the boy.. 11mil followers now believe the bs she spouted.

Maybe your name after such daft comments should be 3NL1GHT3N3DN0N3

b

posted on Jul, 30 2017 @ 06:33 AM
link   
How stunning, and how horrible!

edit on 30-7-2017 by Konduit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2017 @ 07:00 AM
link   
A sitting POTUS complaining about the POTUS before him....understandable. An British author of fantasy books who has more money than sense bashing an American president...... oooh yea, it's the same.a reply to: Grimpachi

posted on Jul, 30 2017 @ 07:11 AM
link   
a reply to: openyourmind1262

She's getting trolled so hard.... literally.

Troll: The Rise of Harry Potter Jr. (2017)

Apparently someone created the character "Harry Potter Jr" back in the 80's in a #ty horror movie series called Troll. Now the creator has decided to make a new movie, because technically they own the rights to the name Harry Potter Jr.

The memes write themselves folks.

edit on 30-7-2017 by Konduit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2017 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Does anyone remember her initial sob story of being on welfare and having to write at a coffee shop to have electricity? Turns out she has a degree in French and the Classics from the University of Exeter. She was highly trained in the writing process. Give me a break.

She also used to work for Amnesty International. Need I say more?

posted on Jul, 30 2017 @ 07:43 AM
link   
To me this video epitomises all that is wrong with Trump supporters.

What JK said was wrong, Trump did not ignore the disabled boy, she should be called out for it. Demonstrate why she is wrong, show us the president actually being with the boy, that is fair enough.

But to call her a "vile piece of sh!t" only shows how utterly vile and disgusting the person who made the video is.

You might disagree with what she has said, you might even call her out as a liar but a vile piece of Sh!t....no.

I wonder if this guy also called Trump a vile piece of Sh!t when Trump was recording boasting about sexually assaulting women just because he was famous. I think not.

Rowling is a amazing women, when you look at what she has accomplished in her life its amazing, she has went from being a women who was clinically depressed (contemplating suicide), in poverty, single mother, who had been beaten by her ex husband to becoming one of the most successful women in the world. She has given something in the range of £160 Million to charities mostly kids charities and has given the world a truly amazing set of books with her Harry Potter series.

She might be wrong about what she said about Trump and deserves to be called out for it but she is as far form being a "vile piece of Sh!t" as I think its possible to be for a such a famous and successful person.

I think Trump Supporters need to learn a little respect and should be calling the guy in this video out for being disrespectful scum.

posted on Jul, 30 2017 @ 09:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
To me this video epitomises all that is wrong with Trump supporters.

What JK said was wrong, Trump did not ignore the disabled boy, she should be called out for it. Demonstrate why she is wrong, show us the president actually being with the boy, that is fair enough.

But to call her a "vile piece of sh!t" only shows how utterly vile and disgusting the person who made the video is.

You might disagree with what she has said, you might even call her out as a liar but a vile piece of Sh!t....no.

I wonder if this guy also called Trump a vile piece of Sh!t when Trump was recording boasting about sexually assaulting women just because he was famous. I think not.

Rowling is a amazing women, when you look at what she has accomplished in her life its amazing, she has went from being a women who was clinically depressed (contemplating suicide), in poverty, single mother, who had been beaten by her ex husband to becoming one of the most successful women in the world. She has given something in the range of £160 Million to charities mostly kids charities and has given the world a truly amazing set of books with her Harry Potter series.

She might be wrong about what she said about Trump and deserves to be called out for it but she is as far form being a "vile piece of Sh!t" as I think its possible to be for a such a famous and successful person.

I think Trump Supporters need to learn a little respect and should be calling the guy in this video out for being disrespectful scum.

Honey child, if you think that calling someone a vile piece of sht is all that offnesive than surely you're going to eventually morph into a version of what used to be human and require a safe space and trigger warnings about reality. Get a grip.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join