It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America is the most corrupt country in the world. Americans have no right to judge Russia.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 06:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Starbuck799

Canada may spend anywhere from 0% to 100% in healthcare. I'm not forced to pay for a product. What my tax is used for is decided by the federal government. No one is forcing me to buy a TV or a car the way Obamacare forces people to buy an insurance plan.

Everyone has to pay taxes to support social services. I pay my tax. No one chases after me telling me to buy insurance.

In the US, in addition to paying taxes, everyone gets chased by the government telling them to buy insurance.

It's a hustle. It's annoying. It's totally inappropriate.
edit on 29-7-2017 by allsee4eye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 06:30 PM
link   
a reply to: kurthall

Also their government says they don't have gay people. I mean really?

I remember, back when it was still the Soviet Union..they did not participate in the 1st Special Olympics, because they did not produce/have any disabled children/invalids.
www.dsq-sds.org...

As for the topic..the U.S. and Russia are probably on par with each other overall.

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 06:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: allsee4eye

Canada may spend anywhere from 0% to 100% in healthcare. I'm not forced to pay for a product. What my tax is used for is decided by the federal government. No one is forcing me to buy a TV or a car the way Obamacare forces people to buy an insurance plan.

Everyone has to pay taxes to support social services. I pay my tax. No one chases after me telling me to buy insurance.

In the US, in addition to paying taxes, everyone gets chased by the government telling them to buy insurance.

It's a hustle. It's annoying. It's totally inappropriate.

In Canada, you are paying for healthcare through your taxes, no matter how you look at it. That is Forcing you to pay for healthcare insurance. You are Forced to buy healthcare insurance in Canada, plain and simple! Why can't you see that? If you can't, I give up.
edit on 29-7-2017 by Starbuck799 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 06:41 PM
link   

I pay taxes. I don't get chased to buy insurance.

In the US, in addition to paying taxes, people get chased to buy insurance.

It wastes people's time, energy. It's annoying. It infringes on people's freedoms.

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 06:44 PM
link   

I pay taxes. I don't get chased to buy insurance.

In the US, in addition to paying taxes, people get chased to buy insurance.

It wastes people's time, energy. It's annoying. It infringes on people's freedoms.

Buddy, try not paying your taxes in Canada, which go to buy healthcare insurance. You can bet that you will be chased down. Try it and see what happens, it will not turn out good for you.
edit on 29-7-2017 by Starbuck799 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Everyone has to pay taxes. Even if 100% of taxes goes to support the military, everyone has to pay taxes.

It's true that in modern society more and more social services are derived from taxes, but no one chases after me telling me to buy specific products the way Obamacare does.

Can you imagine someone chasing after you to pay this TV, this car, this phone, this fridge, this house or else pay a fine?

If that's not infringing on people's freedoms, I don't know what is.

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Everyone has to pay taxes. Even if 100% of taxes goes to support the military, everyone has to pay taxes.

It's true that in modern society more and more social services are derived from taxes, but no one chases after me telling me to buy specific products the way Obamacare does.

Can you imagine someone chasing after you to pay this TV, this car, this phone, this fridge, this house or else pay a fine?

Either you are really thick, or you are trolling. Whichever, I am done here.

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 06:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Starbuck799

Either you are really thick, or you are trolling. Whichever, I am done here.

You have been spot on in each post. You are correct, many trolls here both left and right. Some just to be argumentative. You cannot reason with the unreasonable.

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 07:01 PM
link   
To be fair, I don't give a damn what the government does with my taxes. If 100% of that gets spent on healthcare and 0% on everything else, then so be it. But please, DO NOT come after me asking me to buy insurance or whatever else. Peace.

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 07:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Throes

originally posted by: kurthall

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed

I don't have insurance. Never bought it. No one forces me to buy insurance. Canada's healthcare is single payer. It doesn't force people to buy insurance.

I live in the USA and have never enrolled in the illegal and phony Obamacare, and I file taxes each year and have never paid any fines. I will not be forced to break the constitution by the IRS, which is aiding and abetting felony fraud by signing up for an illegal insurance scam and participating in the greatest fraud that Obama and the democrat party perpetrated on this country.
These corrupt people believe they can just make new laws by force of declaration without due process or representation, but then they themselves don't obey what they demand the rest of the country must obey. I spit on anything with Obama's name attached to it or the democrat party who illegally rammed this obscenely named "affordable care act" bill through, and using a bought off judge to declare it as law.

, even before Obama care, you were uninsured. I mean that is your choice, like you said this is America. I just wonder if you are really wealthy, because allot of uninsured people use the excuse they are "Healthy". I have news for you, while at the Oncologist with my mom last week, there were a couple of people in their early 30s, clearly being treated for cancer. I bet a year ago they thought they were "healthy" too. I wonder how much money their treatments costs, and if they have insurance. Plus Cancer treatment can take months or years. It can be in the millions. So to afford all of that expensive treatment I assume, if God forbid anything like this happen to you, you could afford the treatments.

Another big one, what about a car accident, or any kind of accident at all, when people have them, we don't tend to call them an "on purpose", do we? He had an "accident" and fell of the ladder. You see what I mean. Anyway if you God forbid were really hurt, broken back or neck, that would be very costly too.

Like you said its your choice.

A

I am sorry to hear that about America. If they were in Canada, they would be fully treated for however long it took with no cost to them other than their employment deductions.

Canada doesn't have the defense budget the US does because they have the US to take care of them. That's why you can afford a payroll deduction to pay for health insurance and we can't.

Hmmm... That may be true, I haven't looked at the figures. But if what you say is true, I will ask you this question: If someone walked up to you and gave you something for free, would you not take it? And further to that point, why in hell would Americans give up some monetary advantage to another country to the detriment of it's own citizen's well being? Sounds pretty stupid to me. But hey, if you're giving it up, we'll be taking it.

There is no such thing as a free lunch. Someone is paying for it. I DO care what the government does with the money they take from me. I expect them to inefficiency use and waste it which pisses me off to no end.

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Every once in a while, Big Insurance asks the federal government for a blank check of something like 75 to 115 billion dollars, threatening to raise premiums if they don't get it. They are threatening the US federal government, in addition to fleecing off the masses with mandatory purchase of insurance. People are force to buy insurance under Obamacare. What next? Force everyone to buy a car, a house, a 50 inch TV, a 4 year university degree, a master's degree, a PhD? This is outrageous. I'm Canadian and I don't have insurance and I don't want insurance and I'm not forced by the government to buy anything I don't want. Americans fought the revolution war for freedom. In turns out America has become the least free country and the most corrupt country. How ironic.

Say what you want about Russia. Russia is not corrupt. A flat 13% tax is equality for all. Not like in America where the rich use deductibles to pay little tax even though they are supposed to be more than 30% tax, and the poor hardly pay tax due to their low income, which means the shrinking middle class is ever more burdened to carry the weight of society.

Say what you want about Russia. Russia is not corrupt. Russia's single payer healthcare uses only 7% of GDP and efficiently covers everyone. No insurance lobby threatening the government like what happens in America where 17% of GDP is spent on healthcare that still leaves more than 10% uninsured.

Say what you want about Russia. Russia is not corrupt. Russia's nationalized military industrial complex doesn't lobby the government to spent hundreds of billions of defense. Russia's defense budget is about 10% of that of America and Russia has PAK FA, T-14 tanks, advanced ships like Admiral Gorshkov, advanced subs like Kilo.

Reed, the Republican co-chair of the bipartisan Problem Solvers Caucus, said the group will soon unveil a proposal that includes a plan for a permanent fix for those insurance market subsidies. The centrist group of about 40 lawmakers will propose a $75 billion to $115 billion stabilization fund, from which states can draw money for other efforts to prop up their individual insurance markets.

buffalonews.com...

Trump is right. Corruption has gone out of hand in America.

twitter.com...

Gud verk Kamarade!!!
Ve vill recommend you for an extra ration ov toiletsky paper, for ze next month.

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 10:15 PM
link   

I don't have insurance. Never bought it. No one forces me to buy insurance. Canada's healthcare is single payer. It doesn't force people to buy insurance.

If you have a job where you are not working for your own business, medical insurance is forcibly deducted from your paycheck. Chech your paystub. You will see a deduction for it. It's the law in every single Province.

But it is not insurance, any more then the taxes you pay that go to the military are "war insurance."
It is govt run health care for all.

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Kilo class is not exactly an advanced sub. Their akula and victor 3 was pretty good. But thats about it.

posted on Jul, 30 2017 @ 04:07 AM
link   
a reply to: GD21D

Thanks for saying what my poor old mind was thinking-it froze when I read Russia is not corrupt. Couldn't believe there was any stupider comment ever made on ATS; and that's saying alot.

posted on Jul, 30 2017 @ 04:20 AM
link   
Just noticed that?...

Are you like...12...

posted on Jul, 30 2017 @ 05:54 AM
link   
Here is the top 20 for the least corrupt countries according to the Corruption Perceptions Index published by Transparency International. The US is placed 18th with Russia at 131st.

edit on 30-7-2017 by Morrad because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2017 @ 09:34 AM
link   
I'm from UK 🇬🇧 I'm not saying that Russia isn't corrupt but
I most definitely think the US is the most corrupt country there is
This is not an attack on their people but simply the government and
Private companies, my point comes from the fact that
Everything bad that seems to happen all comes from the meddling of
The US government. Always starts with them forcing something down
The throats of foreign countries, and I think the whole US Russia saga
Is quite possible the US own doing 😬

posted on Jul, 30 2017 @ 11:23 AM
link   
America is the only country in the world where insurance companies threaten the government to pay them however much they want. Billion. Trillions. Who cares? America is the most corrupt country in the world.

www.politico.com...

posted on Jul, 30 2017 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: BASSPLYR

Russia's new Yasen and Borei nuclear subs are terrific and definitely rank among the best in the world.

en.wikipedia.org...

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jul, 30 2017 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Currently, I do not have cable TV service. I don't need it. I don't want to spend the money for it. ACA's individual mandate requiring people to buy insurance or pay a fine is just the same as some law requiring me to buy cable TV service or pay a fine and then claiming I'm better off because I bought cable TV service. It's ridiculous and outrageous.

I believe in freedom. A person ought to have freedom what to buy, what not to buy.

Americans fought for freedom. It seems they have forgotten about that.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join