It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America is the most corrupt country in the world. Americans have no right to judge Russia.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Every once in a while, Big Insurance asks the federal government for a blank check of something like 75 to 115 billion dollars, threatening to raise premiums if they don't get it. They are threatening the US federal government, in addition to fleecing off the masses with mandatory purchase of insurance. People are force to buy insurance under Obamacare. What next? Force everyone to buy a car, a house, a 50 inch TV, a 4 year university degree, a master's degree, a PhD? This is outrageous. I'm Canadian and I don't have insurance and I don't want insurance and I'm not forced by the government to buy anything I don't want. Americans fought the revolution war for freedom. In turns out America has become the least free country and the most corrupt country. How ironic.

Say what you want about Russia. Russia is not corrupt. A flat 13% tax is equality for all. Not like in America where the rich use deductibles to pay little tax even though they are supposed to be more than 30% tax, and the poor hardly pay tax due to their low income, which means the shrinking middle class is ever more burdened to carry the weight of society.

Say what you want about Russia. Russia is not corrupt. Russia's single payer healthcare uses only 7% of GDP and efficiently covers everyone. No insurance lobby threatening the government like what happens in America where 17% of GDP is spent on healthcare that still leaves more than 10% uninsured.

Say what you want about Russia. Russia is not corrupt. Russia's nationalized military industrial complex doesn't lobby the government to spent hundreds of billions of defense. Russia's defense budget is about 10% of that of America and Russia has PAK FA, T-14 tanks, advanced ships like Admiral Gorshkov, advanced subs like Kilo.

Reed, the Republican co-chair of the bipartisan Problem Solvers Caucus, said the group will soon unveil a proposal that includes a plan for a permanent fix for those insurance market subsidies. The centrist group of about 40 lawmakers will propose a $75 billion to $115 billion stabilization fund, from which states can draw money for other efforts to prop up their individual insurance markets.

buffalonews.com...

Trump is right. Corruption has gone out of hand in America.

twitter.com...

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 03:50 PM
link   
a reply to: [post=22505886]allsee4eye[/post

Uh, as a gay man I sure as hell would not want to live in Russia, where gays are tortured, and beat, sometimes killed almost for sport. The police do nothing about it. Also their government says they don't have gay people. I mean really?

On another note, we know Russia meddled in our elections, hence new sanctions. I guess an attack on our democracy is okay with you.

Here is a link about anti gay program in Chechnya. Also another about treatment of gay people.

www.nytimes.com...

www.nbcnews.com...

Now here is a link about the Russian sanctions because they meddled in our elections, which means they hacked us and no matter if it affected the elections or not, it is still considered a hostile act.

www.usatoday.com... /

Russians are every bit as corrupt as the U.S. just in different ways. I do however have to add you did make allot of good points.

edit on 29-7-2017 by kurthall because: add

edit on 29-7-2017 by kurthall because: add

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Actually, if you are Canadian, and you have a job, you are forced to pay for/buy medical insurance. It is deducted from your paycheck. There are ways out of this while still working, but it involves having your own business.
edit on 29-7-2017 by Starbuck799 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 03:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Starbuck799

I don't have insurance. Never bought it. No one forces me to buy insurance. Canada's healthcare is single payer. It doesn't force people to buy insurance.

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Russia is full of oligarchs, that's how the country is run. Russia is corrupt af.

And while, it's true, we're no saints, we do still have a great deal of accountability compared to other nations.

America is far from the 'most corrupt country in the world, but when you're the most powerful, every little bit counts 10 fold.

Now, if Killary had been elected, I think your statement would have become immediately true.

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 03:55 PM
link   

I think that is a little better than what Russia does. I do respect the way Russia cares for their elderly though.

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 03:56 PM
link   
a reply to: rexsblues

America has more billionaires than any other country. Every country has wealthy. Corruption isn't measured on this yardstick.

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 03:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: allsee4eye

I don't have insurance. Never bought it. No one forces me to buy insurance. Canada's healthcare is single payer. It doesn't force people to buy insurance.

If you have a job where you are not working for your own business, medical insurance is forcibly deducted from your paycheck. Chech your paystub. You will see a deduction for it. It's the law in every single Province.

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 03:58 PM
link   
a reply to: allsee4eye

You nailed it!

That'll be 500.00 dollars please.

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Putin and his cronies have made squillions off oil and by confiscating oligarch wealth -gangsters do run the place but at least they are not into geoengineering and chemtrails,toxic chemicals and pesticides,creating a sterile and unhealthy population,frankenfoods,mass experimentations on the masses,unregulated big pharma and all the rest of it.
edit on 29-7-2017 by khnum because: spelling

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 04:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: kurthall

I think that is a little better than what Russia does. I do respect the way Russia cares for their elderly though.

I have no idea what Russia does. But in Canada, if you work, you are forced to buy medical insurance. While at the same time, if you don't work, you have the same medical coverage as those who do work, but you don't have to pay a cent.

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 04:09 PM
link   

I live in the USA and have never enrolled in the illegal and phony Obamacare, and I file taxes each year and have never paid any fines. I will not be forced to break the constitution by the IRS, which is aiding and abetting felony fraud by signing up for an illegal insurance scam and participating in the greatest fraud that Obama and the democrat party perpetrated on this country.
These corrupt people believe they can just make new laws by force of declaration without due process or representation, but then they themselves don't obey what they demand the rest of the country must obey. I spit on anything with Obama's name attached to it or the democrat party who illegally rammed this obscenely named "affordable care act" bill through, and using a bought off judge to declare it as law.

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 04:09 PM
link   
man that sucks so a pregnant women has insurance and kids must really suck knowing they wont die because you help pay for insurance for these people .
Really you should come to america you would like it here we let people die on teh side of teh road wile otehrs step over them .

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Oh, one more thing. In Canada, there are no extra charges. Everything is included with the money you pay from your paycheck. The amount deducted from your pay is based on how much money you make. So whether you need a broken arm fixed or a heart transplant, it all costs the same to you. You get that if you work or not. You can go to the Doctor, or to the hospital anytime you want, for anything you want, as many times as you want, with no extra charges ever.

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Russia is not corrupt.

My friend. You have no idea what is the level of corruption in Russia (and what are the consequences).
You will turn gray after a couple of examples.
edit on 2017 by JedemDasSeine because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 04:18 PM
link   
a reply to: allsee4eye

What metric did you use to decide that the U.S. was the most corrupt? I don't really see any evidence...just opinion.

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Say what you want about Russia. Russia is not corrupt.

lol...... What?

I just can't take anyone who says things like this seriously. It's patently absurd..... That country has a well known tradition of corruption that continues to this day. It's not only their opponents that claim this, but also people who live there at all levels of their society. I would cite sources, but it would be pointless seeing how anything that doesn't agree with the OP's assertions would be called fake news, so why bother.

Anyone making such a statement that "Russia is not corrupt" is highly suspect.

Damn ATS, what have you become?

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 04:27 PM
link   
And to tell you the truth, we usually never even think about healthcare. When any of us need medical attention, we just go to the doctor or hospital without a thought about payment. And we can choose which doctor we see and which hospital we go to. There is never a second thought about going or not, we just go and get treated. It is as simple as that.

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 04:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed

I live in the USA and have never enrolled in the illegal and phony Obamacare, and I file taxes each year and have never paid any fines. I will not be forced to break the constitution by the IRS, which is aiding and abetting felony fraud by signing up for an illegal insurance scam and participating in the greatest fraud that Obama and the democrat party perpetrated on this country.
These corrupt people believe they can just make new laws by force of declaration without due process or representation, but then they themselves don't obey what they demand the rest of the country must obey. I spit on anything with Obama's name attached to it or the democrat party who illegally rammed this obscenely named "affordable care act" bill through, and using a bought off judge to declare it as law.

So, even before Obama care, you were uninsured. I mean that is your choice, like you said this is America. I just wonder if you are really wealthy, because allot of uninsured people use the excuse they are "Healthy". I have news for you, while at the Oncologist with my mom last week, there were a couple of people in their early 30s, clearly being treated for cancer. I bet a year ago they thought they were "healthy" too. I wonder how much money their treatments costs, and if they have insurance. Plus Cancer treatment can take months or years. It can be in the millions. So to afford all of that expensive treatment I assume, if God forbid anything like this happen to you, you could afford the treatments.

Another big one, what about a car accident, or any kind of accident at all, when people have them, we don't tend to call them an "on purpose", do we? He had an "accident" and fell of the ladder. You see what I mean. Anyway if you God forbid were really hurt, broken back or neck, that would be very costly too.

Like you said its your choice.

A
edit on 29-7-2017 by kurthall because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-7-2017 by kurthall because: fix

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Every country is corrupt.
I would say the USA is less corrupt then Russia but that is my opinion.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join