It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What do you think of my new music?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Wow! That's was actually really awesome!!!!!!!

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 07:22 PM
link   
a reply to: belkide

You song has that undefinable vibe, that energy that draws a like-minded person in, much as the energy between a reader and an author. YOu have the stuff, at least for me, and I'd love to (a) hear the whole cut and (b) hear more.

Your sound is probably engineered, but it has a raw feel to it that is hard to duplicate unless a person is the real deal. I've been around studios and musicians most of my 20's to 40's and if I were a producer (sorry, not even close), your sound would get my attention, and right brightly.

A tiny word of unsolicited advice: Think about how your sound is raw and how to preserve that. Part of it is mixing your vocals just barely in front of the guitar, with percussion supporting, but not as strong as contemporary groups. Another thing is that I love your vocals. No fake tremolo, and thank GOD no [expletive] [expletive] [vulgar expletive] auto tune!!!!! Just sing as you do. Play as you do. The bass maybe could be a little more forward and expressive. Keep it RAW please, and I look forward to paying for a download.

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 12:03 PM
link   
a reply to: SkeletonJar

Thank you!! =))

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 12:08 PM
link   
a reply to: argentus

Thanks for the detailed review =)

I am so happy that you heard the "raw" thing. Since I started music from a very young age, I always listened to that "raw" kinda stuff. Like classical music to scorpions or iron maiden which are raw in my means and possibly your means. Its my passion to keep it raw including my guitar sound. Since years I hated effects and heavy produced tones. I do not use any pedals besides to get the tone I want. Even the tone is dirty and raw thats what my friends say, like a real hard rock feel to it. Its kinda like "don't mess with me". If you mess with it it loses power and soul. The same goes with the vocals. I hate auto tune and being fake. The tactic I use is to sing the part till my guts bleed and till it gets perfect so I can sing/do it whenever I need to. This carries me forward and improves me and no need to fix any notes or use auto tune. I mean I am going to be the first person to listen to it and be happy if it is fake how can I be happy you know?

I am still developing and changing the sound from month to month or year to year. As I am getting older the sound gets sweetier plus less heavy. I will see where it leads me =)

Love
B
edit on 1-8-2017 by belkide because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 03:41 AM
link   
pretty good stuff bruh. i think you might be over compressing a bit and losing some of the dynamics especially on the 2nd track you posted (illuzion), but you're definitely on the way higher scale of volume which is a huge advantage especially on soundcloud

my advice would be less compression so the drums hit harder. and maybe you could sidechain the kick with your instruments to give your track more of a swing and create more room for your drums to bounce without clipping or sounding muddy over the instruments

all in all tho you're on one, keep grinding g

top topics

<< 1   >>

join