It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stop taking Politics so Seriously.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 11:55 AM
link   
I love how even as you all say you're taking political topics too seriously, you make sure to include the undertone that the other side is "unreasonable" or "closed minded". Anything to get a dig in at the opposing view huh? One day you may, or may not I don't know, realize that US politics is 2 sides of one coin. None of the state or national level of politicians give 2 craps about any of us unless you're giving them something they want.

In fact with a user name "theothersideofthecoin" you'd think you would get that...I guess irony comes in many forms lol :p

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 11:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Sorry I didn't mean to fall asleep in your thread, I couldn't help it.

And of course coming from somebody that is notorious for projecting with their emotions that you would come to those conclusions.

You want a great example of closed minded? Look at kurtys post above.

Don't worry, I'll leave you guys to your safe spaces.

I am not closed minded, what I am saying is that if a link is posted and its something you don't agree with, instead of going off, why don't you post a link with information showing WHY you feel the way you do and why you feel I am wrong. Instead the alt right just goes off and insults! At least when I USED to insult (not even going to bother anymore) It was usually provoked. Looking back to my posts from months ago, most of what I said and was scrutinized for has come out as true, and some of it is still is probably true but we will all find out soon enough.
edit on 29-7-2017 by kurthall because: add

edit on 29-7-2017 by kurthall because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: RickyD

In fact with a user name "theothersideofthecoin" you'd think you would get that...I guess irony comes in many forms lol :p

you know I picked that name because when ATS was a conspiracy site I saw myself as presenting the other side of the conspiracy, that is to say, pointing out the flaws in the theory.

ATS has changed though, I tend not to go with the majority on this site and politics is not different, I like to think its still applicable.

I am very away of why people like Trump and why they support him, its just not a view I shear.

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 12:00 PM
link   
The fact that you are including yourself in these judgments is eminently respectable and increasingly rare.

I think that even if these discussions on ATS did make some huge impact in the world, the common approach would accomplish little more than just pissing off the other "side," entrenching positions further, and laying blame.

Come to think of it, maybe its a good thing they don't make a difference

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 12:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: kurthall

Sorry I didn't mean to fall asleep in your thread, I couldn't help it.

And of course coming from somebody that is notorious for projecting with their emotions that you would come to those conclusions.

You want a great example of closed minded? Look at kurtys post above.

Don't worry, I'll leave you guys to your safe spaces.

I am not closed minded, what I am saying is that if a link is posted and its something you don't agree with, instead of going off, why don't you post a link with information showing WHY you feel the way you do and why you feel I am wrong. Instead the alt right just goes off and insults! At least when I USED to insult (not even going to bother anymore) It was usually provoked. Looking back to my posts from months ago, most of what I said and was scrutinized for has come out as true, and some of it is still is probably true but we will all find out soon enough.

Don't let it get to you. When someone makes a personal insult, it's a sign you've won the argument.

Enjoy it.

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: kurthall

Calling others unreasonable, when you are yourself unreasonable, and claiming you are informed and others must be lost in the dark because they don't think like you.. is pretty closed minded.

There is a lot more than meets the eye kurty.. but of course, you need an open mind to see it..

edit on 29-7-2017 by knowledgehunter0986 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Serdgiam

Come to think of it, maybe its a good thing they don't make a difference

Ohhh I think it is a good thing, if they mattered then things would get very strange.

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Well, stranger at least!

As for me, I'm more than willing to give you the benefit of the doubt and look forward to the "new and improved" interactions.

In the same vein, ill keep an eye on my own posts for the same thing even if I don't frequently participate in political threads.

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 12:11 PM
link   

I am not convinced he is any different yet...that said I am more than willing to give him a chance before I judge him. I would rather judge him upon his actions, and not trivial media hyped crap, than judge him because others are telling me to. I really don't think he has had much of a chance to focus on doing/learning how to best approach his,job due to all the attacks against him and a staunch opposition who are unwilling to compromise because they don't like him more than they care about bettering our country. But hey, that's what I mean about how politicians don't care about us they only care about getting what they want.

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Calling others unreasonable, when you are yourself unreasonable, and claiming you are informed and others must be lost in the dark because they don't think like you.. is pretty closed minded.

There is a lot more than meets the eye kurty.. of course, you need an open mind to realize that though..

No, when I posted links that ended up being the truth, and was bashed for it does not make me closed minded or uninformed. Do you not see that, you referring to me as "kurty" is you doing exactly what I am talking about?!? Case and point!
edit on 29-7-2017 by kurthall because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 12:13 PM
link   

The idea that someone could be just as well informed but reach a different view is ignored.

This sentence alone speaks volumes. If taken in the context of an evolutionary history, humans for most of our existence all lived within the storyline of their tribes and nations. For the most part, individual human consciousness was limited to and proscribed by the tribe or the city or the nation in which one was born, lived and died. If for one reason or another, if an individual deviated from those tribal rules and mores boom, it was out of the tribe and go live and die on your own. This however from what I can see is no longer the case.

Now there is not one contextual point of view, one contextual storyline an individual can adhere to but rather a plethora of storylines from around the world to choose from. And that list is growing by the day. As the list of storylines assult the individual the individual is faced with complexity that was not available to our forefathers. That complexity creates a fertile ground for creativity. And that is where we are, people using their minds in creative ways not possible to those in history other than the broadly educated.

I think that many of us are entering this field of complex thought and supposing that the wider considerations on reality that we are undergoing is some final truth and historically we have been trained to defend the Truth. Defending ''our truth'' has been a viable practice for survival. And while this has been the case the reality we now face is just as you suggest in that one sentence, ''someone can be just as well informed as someone else with a different perspective'' simply because the field of information is so vast.

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 12:13 PM
link   

or all US intelligence agencies say Russia hacked the DNC, its just dismissed as fake news.

Ignorant!

Haha, couldn't keep it going for more than a few paragraphs.

And I know the context was Trump supporters won't believe anything negative... And you're right. And there's lots of them.

But let's stop peddling the Russia stuff as end all be all, some of us are waiting for facts before we charge national sentiment for a new cold war.

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Dude,

It does not matter.

I agree with you, but take a step back, just accept it.

If you think that another member is being grossly ignorant and closed-minded then their ignorance is their loss, just let it go, let them get on with it and move on to the next members comments.

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

I think you missed the point but ok.

The point was nothing to do with Russia it was just a tool to illustrate my point, this thread is in no way about Russia.

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 12:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

or all US intelligence agencies say Russia hacked the DNC, its just dismissed as fake news.

Ignorant!

Haha, couldn't keep it going for more than a few paragraphs.

And I know the context was Trump supporters won't believe anything negative... And you're right. And there's lots of them.

But let's stop peddling the Russia stuff as end all be all, some of us are waiting for facts before we charge national sentiment for a new cold war.

You are correct, we don't know all the facts about Russia, but we sure know that trump for months tried to tell us it was not real at all. So there you have it.

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 12:17 PM
link   

But kurty is such a cute name. Very fitting for such a cute character such as yourself.

But I will stop if you don't like it.

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 12:21 PM
link   

But kurty is such a cute name. Very fitting for such a cute character such as yourself.

But I will stop if you don't like it.

No you are calling him Kurty to wind him up and be a jerk.

This is a emotional response from you, just trying to wind people up.

There is no need for it, and if you took all of this less seriously and took the time to accept that someone might have a opinion different than your own that is just as valid you would not be calling him "Kurty"

Just chill out, if you disagree thats fine, but don't insult the guy just for the sake of it.

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 12:21 PM
link   

What about when you post links that don't turn about to be true or end up being heavily spun to attack the other side? Or are you saying you and your links are 100% right 100% of the time?

You really come with an attitude of I'm better than you guys on the opposing point of view, and its not really surprising you get received the way you do when you post...you bring most of it on yourself Tbh...Seems time to look inward, looking outward at others isn't doing you any favors.
edit on 29-7-2017 by RickyD because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Excuse me, but please speak for yourself Mr.Coin.

I am in no way trying to insult him and have been calling him kurty since forever.

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 12:26 PM
link   

See ya over in the Mud Pit!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join