It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you think Proxima b has aliens?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 09:54 AM
link   
I posted the same question but I'm not sure why it dissapeared. I would like to share with you a video where I analyze whether or not the potentially habitable exoplanet Proxima Centauri b (which will always be the closest to earth) might host extraterrestrial life:

What do you think about it? do you think they might have visited us?

Regards.
edit on 29-7-2017 by alfa015 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 09:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: alfa015
What do you think about it?

No. One it most likely tidally locked and even if it were not the solar winds are thousands of times stronger than here on earth.

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 10:05 AM
link   
With Proxima b within the habitable zone, I like to think there's always that possibility of life on it. There are other factors that could influence whether or not life could thrive on it. That could be anything like the orbit, or the influence of Alpha Centauri A and B as it moves over thousands of years.

This reminds me, there's a Sci-Fi book I read called "The Three Body Problem", which involves beings from the Alpha Centauri Trinary system. It's a good book.
edit on V20170529July05Sat, 29 Jul 2017 10:05:20 -0500America/Chicago by VoidFire because: (no reason given)

edit on V20170529July05Sat, 29 Jul 2017 10:05:50 -0500America/Chicago by VoidFire because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 10:09 AM
link   
I think we underestimate how hard it is to cover these kinds of distances , even if you fly at light speed and hit something as small as a screw you destroy your vessel.

So they would need Wormhole travel or something similar.

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 10:31 AM
link   
a reply to: alfa015

Your use of the word "ALIENS" has a problem. If the habitants of Proxima exist? Then they aren't "alien". We are "alien" to them.

Two words we need to stop using so much without specifics: "ALIEN" and "U.F.O." My neighbors next door are "aliens". They are from Equador and are legal aliens with green work cards.

"ALIENS" aren't just space-people and "UFO's" aren't just flying discs......

edit on 29-7-2017 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 10:42 AM
link   

If they exist and have the technology to both discover our existence and get here then yes they could have visited , but Proxima b orbits a red dwarf so is likely subject to high radiation , it is also likely tidally locked so conditions on most of the planet would be extreme.
There may well be life there but I doubt it would be space faring or able to communicate with us.

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Ohhhh noooooo!! Now we're getting politically correct with little green men!! Or should I not be so racist and call them verdant of normal stature!a reply to: mysterioustranger

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 11:19 AM
link   
a reply to: TheGreazel

This may not be a problem for our 1 million years in the future humans.

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 11:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheGreazel
I think we underestimate how hard it is to cover these kinds of distances , even if you fly at light speed and hit something as small as a screw you destroy your vessel.

So they would need Wormhole travel or something similar.

I think that within 150 years or less, we ourselves will be traveling to other potentially habitable planets. Perhaps not humans, but our craft. Just like I think some UFOs are not inhabited, they are just probes.

Wormholes, or teleporting, I have no idea what science will come up with, but I think with our tech advancing at such a rapid rate, it will happen. Just think of where science was 150 years ago.

edit on 29-7-2017 by kurthall because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 11:50 AM
link   
I hardly understood a word of this entire video.

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 11:57 AM
link   
The cosmic radiation would make life very unlikely. And higher life forms impossible

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 12:06 PM
link   
very likely not, but if it is, it will take years to we to discover it

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Ummm...only if they emigrated there...otherwise they'd be aboriginal...We'd be the aliens...

Oops...I see Mysterioustranger beat me to the punch...dagnabbit...

YouSir
edit on 29-7-2017 by YouSir because: the y's have it...

edit on 29-7-2017 by YouSir because: I was late to dinner...

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 12:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

No. One it most likely tidally locked and even if it were not the solar winds are thousands of times stronger than here on earth.

Orbit could also be elliptical. It shares it's sun's magnetic field so the constant bombardment has undoubtedly stripped away most or all of the atmosphere. Almost no chance of water, an important factor.

The star is also youngish and quite active.

Odds of any intelligent life as we know it are slim to none.

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 12:32 PM
link   
at this point, cannot definitely say it does or doesn't yet. Maybe very soon, and from what I hear very soon with some new NASA planet searcher we will be able to tell more of what is in a planets atmosphere, and if the composition of the atmosphere may have some type of biological clues as to the possibility of life on the planet. Getting closer and closer...its exciting!

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 04:01 PM
link   
a reply to: WUNK22

As the Proximinians B...if they exist....look out at our small blue speck...they wonder. Are there aliens on that blue planet Earth? Maybe they fly in UFOs?! (planes...ah..yes.)

Again...my neighbors are legal aliens from Equador.

posted on Jul, 30 2017 @ 09:54 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

They probably got some awesome Aurora's there with those solar winds. No cell reception though.
Screw it. Whats the point of watching an Aurora if you cant post it on FB?

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 07:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

I think life can be very tenacious, so if life ever found a way to start on Proxima b, it could possibly even spread to the sun-facing side of that planet.

Granted, it may be too extreme for an organism to evolve intelligence and for a civilization to develop, but there might still be life of some sort.

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 07:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Soylent Green Is People
Granted, it may be too extreme for an organism to evolve intelligence and for a civilization to develop, but there might still be life of some sort.

I got the impression the Original Poster was asking about an intelligent, potentially space-faring civilization arising on that planet, while I think life may be found to be rather ubiquitous at some point I doubt there is the environment there for higher life forms that could potentially lead to intelligence.

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 08:02 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

You're right. Sorry to make it sound as if I was responding to you specifically (maybe you got that impression because I quoted you directly in my response
), but I was simply just moving the conversation at hand along.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join