It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump to sign sanctions bill on Russia

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 12:44 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Listen to yourself.

There is a Special Council investigation into Team Trump NOT because one guy said something, but because of intercepts from both our own IC and allies, a preponderance of Russian connections and lies being told about meetings, etc, past criminal activity...

And you'd put the conclusions of the IC community, that Russia not only attacked our elections process through propaganda, hacking and releasing information, and bot armies, but did so to help Trump and hurt Hillary, up against this guy's testimony when he has some pretty shady skin in the game?

And then accuse everyone of "deflecting" when in reality THIS GUY IS THE FREAKING DEFLECTION.

*shakes head in disbelief*

Unbelievable. Literally.
Gads.

edit on 29-7-2017 by AboveBoard because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 12:45 PM
link   
a reply to: SoulSurfer

I don't know about the dems, but I've notices the republicans being guilty of this quite often!!!

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: AboveBoard

I listened to the guys testimony in the committee. have you??
I don't see where the guy was that favorable to trump overall...
it seems that some want to pick out a small portion of his testimony, a very small portion of it, and run with it while ignoring everything else he said!

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 12:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

originally posted by: Arnie123

Funny how that happens huh? a fake steele dossier funded and collaborated between Russia and the Democrats = Collusion.

So, there WAS collusion, just not with the Trump administration.

Yep. In truth we should have known that Democrat accusations were to cover up their own deeds.
I think it is fair for Trump to now agree to the extra sanctions, given the news that Russian agents were colluding with Democrats to undermine his election and Presidency.
Brilliant! UK!! Simply Brilliant.

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 12:51 PM
link   

There is zero evidence of any collusion between Russia and the Trump campaign. That fact remains.
There is not even any testimony from anyone who makes the claim.

We do have testimony that the Democrats were colluding with a Russian agent, though - which is also backed up by previous complaints about FusionGPS to the House.

They are the facts. Anything else, or conflating a Russian hack investigation or anything the IC said with collusion is deflecting from those facts. The IC have never claimed that the Russians were colluding with the Trump campaign.

I find it interesting that you will believe what you are told with no evidence to support it, but when a person actually testifies under oath and says something that does not fit the narrative you want to hear, you dismiss them as lying. That kind of bias is all too common and why it is important to stick to the facts.

edit on 29/7/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Other issues be like:

Meanwhile neolibs are gunning for war with Russia.

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 12:59 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

I honestly haven't. All I've heard are the chest beatings and proclamations of the latest distraction spin story, which are insane based on the massive connections on the Team Trump side.

I guess that means it's closing in on Them, this bizarre tale being used as a defense to sow doubt, while completely ignoring all other information??

Meh. Imma gonna let them have their fantasy, which will no doubt be screamed from every possible right wing programming source until Mueller and his prosecutors put it to rest.

It's the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard, but why not? We had threads about Clinton being near death and wearing diapers and that was the tame stuff.

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 01:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: AboveBoard

Funny how that happens huh? a fake steele dossier funded and collaborated between Russia and the Democrats = Collusion.

I guess you all missed the facts that line up with the dossier? Huh. I'm not going to go through it with you. Facts don't seem to matter anyway. Nothing matters.

No wonder Russians love their vodka. I totally get it now.

Huh? what facts and its on the onus of you to prove that claim. UK did a fantastic job with his post, I suggest going through and why the sudden defeatist attitude? You EMO? Sweet jesus holy mary mother of God...

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 01:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: tadaman
Other issues be like:

Sworn testimony says FusionGPS are an undeclared Russian agent... House complaint from before the election makes the same charge listing FusionGPS founder... Democrats work with FusionGPS on opposition research....House Judicial Committee calls for Special Counsel to investigate FusionGPS, signed by 20 Congressmen......
Democrats ... "liars!"

MSM says Trump colluded with Russia...
Democrats... "Impeach!"
edit on 29/7/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 01:10 PM
link   

I guess you all missed the facts that line up with the dossier? Huh. I'm not going to go through it with you. Facts don't seem to matter anyway. Nothing matters.

Huh? what facts and its on the onus of you to prove that claim. UK did a fantastic job with his post, I suggest going through and why the sudden defeatist attitude? You EMO? Sweet jesus holy mary mother of God...

I am merely worn down from banging my head against the wall every time I hear this story as it is a massive attempt at deflection.

But hey, if the Dems did something shady then by all means go get em. As long as the other investigation continues, be my guest.

Perhaps Inwill try prayer rather than vodka. Your calling on the Lord and his mother have inspired me.

Ok. Vodka AND prayer.

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 01:16 PM
link   

And then accuse everyone of "deflecting" when in reality THIS GUY IS THE FREAKING DEFLECTION.

Browder and FusionGPS is a very interesting topic that I think needs to be discussed, but they are being used as a deflection.

FusionGPS has not been found to be in violation of the FARA act. There have only been accusations of such and that accusation is being used as much as it can be to deflect from the fact that the main-biggest players in the Prevezon/Magnitsky issue were all in that meeting with Trump Jr. and friends.

The very people FusionGPS is accused of working with are the very people that Trump's team met with, hoping to get dirt on the Clinton campaign.

That is why they are deflecting.

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 01:17 PM
link   

I am merely worn down from banging my head against the wall every time I hear this story as it is a massive attempt at deflection.

But hey, if the Dems did something shady then by all means go get em. As long as the other investigation continues, be my guest.

Perhaps Inwill try prayer rather than vodka. Your calling on the Lord and his mother have inspired me.

Ok. Vodka AND prayer.

Why would following up on FusionGPS being an undeclared agent of Russia and investigating why democrats were colluding with them on opposition research be a deflection?

Do you mean a deflection of what you WANT to hear - because it's not about Trump?
Sounds like what you are really saying is you don't want the ATTENTION to be taken off your favourite topic, even though nothing is coming from it.. from over a year of constant news speculation and investigations. You'd rather revel in news stories that fit your agenda, without any evidence, as opposed to give any attention to potential crimes that don't fit in with what you want to hear, it seems.

Good luck with that.

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 01:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
But wait...weren't the Russians in it for Trump on the elections???

That's certainly what the dems and the MSM have been spouting for the past 7 months!

Turns out their agents were actually working with the Democrat party. Can't say I am surprised.

No. It doesn't "turn out" that way. But enjoy your fake news distraction story. So you are calling the entire IC idiots who can't read their own intell, but because "dossier" that Republicans commissioned from a company with a former MI-6 agent that showed dirt on Trump, now the Russians work for Hillary. Or something like that - right?

Alternative Reality fan fiction - that is what this latest "The Dems did it!" twisted piece of crap really is.

Gads.

Ssssh! These guys actually believe the voices in their head...they must be wearing earphones!

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Thats racist. Liar. Nazi. Inconsiderate monster. Dumb Trumper. Russian lover. Hick. Cave man.

LoL.

Really though this is all well known. At this point its clear that we have been fooled by Ukranians to hunt for Russian phantoms in the shadows.

Instead of putting a stop to opposition politics from a foreign source in our elections and day to day governmental operations, BY THE DNC,

They instead do what you correctly pointed out. The drive is instead to look people in the eye and lie to their faces about Russia-Trump collusion.

One small correction. FusionGPS is as Russian as they are Ukranian. Its one of those scumbag outfits that plays all sides from the fence.

They are pro Russian Ukranians when they want or Anti Russian decoys. They miss the soviet era. Of course they are based in DC though and DID violate the foreign agents registration act. The DNC and many Dem knew it too.

Incredible but true.

And yes as you pointed out, Dems in general used their services frequently. Not just for the "Russia collusion" story they invented.

edit on 7 29 2017 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

edit on 7 29 2017 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Ok. Vodka AND prayer.

Cheerleaders can be annoying.

Just remember that they don't really change the outcome of the game so don't sweat it.

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 01:38 PM
link   
we have trump jrs email chain!!!
if it's not proof of russia's desire to help trump and the administration's willingness to accept the help...

then it's certainly suggests that there may have been collusion!!!

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 01:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: tadaman
Other issues be like:

Sworn testimony says FusionGPS are an undeclared Russian agent... House complaint from before the election makes the same charge listing FusionGPS founder... Democrats work with FusionGPS on opposition research....House Judicial Committee calls for Special Counsel to investigate FusionGPS, signed by 20 Congressmen......
Democrats ... "liars!"

MSM says Trump colluded with Russia...
Democrats... "Impeach!"

Here is a summary:

Prevezon Holding[edit]
In 2013, the US Department of Justice, represented by the US Attorney for the Southern District of New York, Preet Bharara, sued Prevezon Holding, a Republic of Cyprus corporation registered in New York State as a foreign business corporation, under the Magnitsky Act for money-laundering. The lawsuit sought forfeiture of various assets and real estate holdings in the US.[11][12] The sole shareholder of Prevezon, Russian citizen Denis Katsyv, whose father is Petr Katsyv, vice president of Russia's state-run rail monopoly and "reportedly a business associate of Vladimir Yakunin, a confidant of Vladimir Putin", and whose Russian lawyer Natalia Veselnitskaya is not licensed to practice in the US, hired the law firm of BakerHostetler to represent the corporation;[12] BakerHostetler hired Fusion GPS in 2013 to "gather and analyze evidence to disprove" the claims against Prevezon.[13] In May 2017, two months after President Trump had dismissed Bharara, the US Government settled the lawsuit for $6 million.[11][14]

As part of their litigation support, Fusion GPS investigated Bill Browder, a witness central to the case.[15] During the course of the case, Browder claimed that Fusion GPS had previously been hired to undertake a pro-Russia campaign aimed at stopping passage of the Magnitsky Act,[16][17] named after Sergei Magnitsky, a lawyer and auditor who died while being held without charges in a Russian government prison after he asserted that the Kremlin had stolen hundreds of millions of dollars from Hermitage Capital Management.

On March 30, 2017, Senate Judiciary Chairman Chuck Grassley, R-Iowa called for a U.S. Department of Justice investigation into purported connections between Fusion GPS and Russia, and an inquiry as to whether Fusion GPS was acting as an unregistered foreign agent. The company denied the claims that they were engaged in lobbying or had violated the Foreign Agents Registration Act.[16][17]

Trump dossier and Christopher Steele[edit]
Main article: Donald Trump–Russia dossier
In September 2015, Fusion GPS was hired to do opposition research for Republicans who opposed Donald Trump's bid during the Republican primary campaign for the 2016 presidential election. When Trump had emerged as the probable Republican candidate by the spring of 2016, Republican donors stopped funding the investigation, and Democratic supporters of Hillary Clinton became Fusion GPS's new clients.[18] In June 2016, after the Democratic National Committee had been hacked and its emails began to be published online, Fusion GPS retained Christopher Steele, a private British corporate intelligence investigator and former MI-6 agent, to research any Russian connections to Trump. Steele issued a series of memos from June to December 2016, which became the document known as the Donald Trump–Russia dossier.[18][19]

In January 2017, the U.S. intelligence community briefed then-President Barack Obama and President-Elect Donald Trump on the contents of the dossier.[20] CNN reported that U.S. investigators had corroborated some parts of the dossier in February 2017, however none of the learned information relates to the salacious allegations in the dossier. Rather it relates to conversations between foreign nationals.[21] In March 2017, then-FBI director James Comey confirmed that the FBI was conducting an official investigation into one of the central allegations in the dossier, that the Trump campaign had coordinated with Russia to influence the 2016 Presidential election.[22]

Senate Judiciary Committee investigations[edit]
July 21, 2017: Senate Judiciary Committee Chairman Grassley, and ranking Democrat Dianne Feinstein issued a subpoena for Fusion GPS cofounder Glenn Simpson after he denied through his lawyers a request to voluntarily appear “due to long held vacation plans.”[23] The committee wanted to question Simpson about the Foreign Agents Registration Act (FARA) which they may now use "to press Justice Department officials on what they know about Veselnitskaya, Prevezon, Fusion GPS and their connections to both the Trump campaign or the Russian government."[24] Simpson will not testify at the July 26 public hearing as previously scheduled, but instead will be interviewed privately, under terms of an agreement, which includes withdrawal of the subpoena.[25][26]

That's it. The end. You notice the Republicans hired Fusion GPS first??

Oh, and here is this... How Ex-Spy Christopher Steele Compiled His Explosive Trump-Russia Dossier

It's an amazing read...and after it came out...Putin cleaned house...all those dead Russians...

But I'm sure there is nothing to it...nothing all all to the intercepts of our allies...nothing at all to those meetings and lies and "oops I forgot to put that on my security clearance form, my bad" statements, nothing at all to the many many many connections between Manafort, Stone, Bannon, Trump and his family, Page, etc. etc. to Russia and Russian oligarchs and banks and sweet sweet money...and nothing to the story of the IC that we were cyberattacked and our elections invaded with micro-targeted propaganda, and armies of bots spouting that same pro-Trump anti-Hillary propaganda, nothing at all... (/sarc)

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 01:48 PM
link   

When putin releases the wee wee tape for the lol do you think his supporters will finally know who they voted for?.

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 01:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar
we have trump jrs email chain!!!
if it's not proof of russia's desire to help trump and the administration's willingness to accept the help...

then it's certainly suggests that there may have been collusion!!!

Correct, though collusion is not really the best term to use. Collusion is not a legal term. What we should be talking about is the potential conspiracy to commit election fraud or conspiracy to receive information from a foreign adversary.

Jr's emails prove that he intended to do just that.

In the case of FusionGPS and the Dems/Clinton Campaign, they could not be held accountable if FusionGPS failed to register as a foreign agent. That would be on FusionGPS for not disclosing it at the time their services were requested.

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 02:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: allsee4eye
This bill bars Russia from exporting military hardware and exporting energy like natural gas. Trump signs it. Of course, to enforce it, would mean war with Russia, so it is never enforced. The US also does not buy military hardware or energy from Russia. Trump says Russia tried to make him lose in the 2016 presidential election because Trump cuts down welfare to strengthen the gene pool of America which makes America stronger and also spends more on the US military.

www.nbcnews.com...

Europe buys energy from Russia and will follow with there own sanctions.

twitter.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join