It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump to sign sanctions bill on Russia

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 09:25 AM
link   
a reply to: AboveBoard

Some people are very naive about Russia. It's ironic, because it's exactly like during the cold war, only then it was the far left who could see nothing wrong with the Soviets.

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 09:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Cutepants

isn't it amazing how allowing poor kids to starve to death because of our sick economy is "good for the gene pool" and not eugenics,
but, allowing women to decide for themselves when, where, and how many kids they will have is eugenics???

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Launders for? Russia doesn't need money from Trump or any other America. Russia has plenty of funding. Russia has PAK FA. I think it would be insulting to Russians to suggest they need Americans to launder money for them.

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Russia has many strong points America should reform to have as well.

1. simple egalitarian low flat tax

2. single payer nationalized healthcare

3. nationalized military industrial complex

The US has a too much corruption and too much lobbying. The US is dependent on constantly increasing the debt ceiling in order to function, albeit with low efficiency.

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 09:34 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Browder is an interesting individual that Mueller will no doubt be investigating. Why? Follow the money.

Decons tructing William Browder

Amazing that Reps are jumping on this convoluted tale but I'm not surprised. This is their public courtroom drama defense. "It wasn't the Defendent ladies and gentlemen, it was...." *dramatic pause* "The Victim!" *collective gasp*

Enjoy. Do you have a vodka preference?

Nothing matters. We're all gonna die anyway. Will they give us framed photos of Trump for our family alter or will we need to buy them, you think?

Who am I kidding, that's ridiculous- of course we will have to buy them!!

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 09:48 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

does the company you work for have just one client or customer???
most companies don't...

would being hired by the never trumps and dems to send people out to dig up dirt on trump be considered as being a russian agent??
or would being hired by the russian lawyer who does represent the Russian oligarchs and gov't officials to promote the desire to removes those sanction be???

people need to actually sit down and watch what went on in the hearings and come to their own conclusions.
not take any posters word on what was said or not said...

but when I was in printing, I printed signs for both burger king and mcdonalds for the company I work for...
but you can't say that we were staunchly pro-beef since we also printed for long john silver, pizza hut, little ceasar, and probably many more... if the company was found to be colluding with one of those companies in some neferious way, would that in any way be proof that the all the other companies would also be?? keep in mind, we also did alot of work for gov't agencies and military.

you are trying to do something similar here.
most businesses don't give a crap about your political leanings and such, all they see is the money you are offering!

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 09:50 AM
link   

The only thing he's sold in years is branding.

/shrug

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 09:52 AM
link   
a reply to: allsee4eye

no, but their corrupt gov't officials do!! there's plenty of stories on the web about the trump ties to those russian oligarchs and russian mob... many dating back before trump was in the political field.
you should expand your reading advanture.

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 09:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

and luxury apartments...
many of which have been purchased by russian oligarchs or their shell companies...

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 10:39 AM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

would being hired by the never trumps and dems to send people out to dig up dirt on trump be considered as being a russian agent??

No. Despite what others have been saying, it has not been confirmed that FusionGPS was acting as an undeclared Russian agent.

They've only been accused of it by William Browder.

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 10:46 AM
link   
a reply to: introvert

who is either a liar, or someone who could give an expert opinion on anything related to those "russian adoptions"....
so, I guess it depend on whom you want to believe???

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 10:51 AM
link   

ya, it's MSNBC....
but, if you care to take the time, you can probably find stories and court records online that were dated before trumps political aspirations..

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 11:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: allsee4eye

Launders for? Russia doesn't need money from Trump or any other America. Russia has plenty of funding. Russia has PAK FA. I think it would be insulting to Russians to suggest they need Americans to launder money for them.

There is vast money laundering going on with Russians getting money out of Russia.

So much so that Putin even introduced a policy of looking the other way of people brought their laundered money back into Russia.

Capitol flight from Russia is a vast problem. Just look at all Russians buying high class property around the world.

Money laundering doesn't mean anybody is giving the Russians money. What it means is rich Russians want to get their cash out of Russian roubles and into Dollars and Sterling and Euros. And the easiest way to do that is to launder it into real estate and dodgy business ventures with western con-men/businessmen.

Enter the Donald Trump connection...

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 11:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: allsee4eye
Russia has many strong points America should reform to have as well.

1. simple egalitarian low flat tax

2. single payer nationalized healthcare

3. nationalized military industrial complex

The US has a too much corruption and too much lobbying. The US is dependent on constantly increasing the debt ceiling in order to function, albeit with low efficiency.

I have a few Russian friends. I can say with regards your points:

1) Yes but nobody actually pays tax in Russia if they can help it. Tax evasion is routine business practice. This is why to get anything done anywhere, you have to pay bribes to everybody. The system is corrupt on a scale that westerners wouldn't recognise.

2) It seems like you can pretty much only get healthcare treatment if you bribe a friendly doctor.

3) Do you think a single penny of the arms dealing goes into the pockets of the Russian people? Dear me no, it goes into the pockets of oligarchs, who then launder that money out of Russia and into foreign currencies where it's nice and safe.

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 11:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar
a reply to: introvert

who is either a liar, or someone who could give an expert opinion on anything related to those "russian adoptions"....
so, I guess it depend on whom you want to believe???

I don't think he is necessarily a liar, but he is very pissed-off because FusionGPS was apparently hired to dig up dirt on him.

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 11:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
a reply to: dawnstar

No. Despite what others have been saying, it has not been confirmed that FusionGPS was acting as an undeclared Russian agent.

They've only been accused of it by William Browder.

Not correct - the lobbying effort by FusionGPS on the Magnitsky Act was also part of a House complaint that cited the founder of FusionGPS as an undeclared agent working on behalf of Russia.

House Complaint
edit on 29/7/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 11:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
But wait...weren't the Russians in it for Trump on the elections???

Yes.

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 12:29 PM
link   

That's certainly what the dems and the MSM have been spouting for the past 7 months!

You know, when you think about it, maybe the dems were telling a truth only in reverse. It is basically Sargons Law in action, whatever they say against someone else, it's actually true about themselves.

Maybe we should pay attention to what they tell us about themselves when they blame others. :p

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 12:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: SoulSurfer

That's certainly what the dems and the MSM have been spouting for the past 7 months!

You know, when you think about it, maybe the dems were telling a truth only in reverse. It is basically Sargons Law in action, whatever they say against someone else, it's actually true about themselves.

Maybe we should pay attention to what they tell us about themselves when they blame others. :p

You should always do that - they are almost always deflecting from their own crimes.
Even when they are caught in their deflections they will blame others for deflecting their original lie.
Bottom line is - never ever trust what a Democrat says.

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 12:37 PM
link   
This is a repeat of the sort of policies that forced Japan to war in 1941

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join