It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I’m Sick and Tired of Dirt Bag Scaramucci Acting Like He Is Representative of Italian-Americans

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 04:18 PM
link   
a reply to: theworldisnotenough

So, in other words, he made an offhand comment somewhere and since you don't like him (not many seem to), you just conflated that with him claiming to represent all Italian-Americans rather than stating a simple fact?

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 04:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: theworldisnotenough

originally posted by: enlightenedservant

Anthony Scaramucci is destroying all of the progress that Italian-Americans have made in countering ethnic stereotypes over the decades.

This point is the problem. Never ever act like any one person can or should represent an entire ethnic group or demographic.

Excuse me. I don't think that I ever did that. Look to the subject heading of this thread. It states that SCARAMUCCI ACTS LIKE HE REPRESENTS Italian-Americans.

I've heard fellow African Americans say "this or that person just set us back x-amount of years". And I've heard fellow Muslims say "this or that person/crime just set us back x-amount of years", too. But I completely disagree w/them too.

The whole point in the Western judicial system is that every individual is responsible for his or her own actions. Collective blame is literally a war crime and collective guilt is just plain stupid. Even famous political and religious leaders rarely reflect the wants, needs, and opinions of the people they claim to represent.

In other words, Scaramucci only represents himself. If you give in to the narrative that he represents Italian Americans as a whole, then you're giving him and the narrative-makers power over yourself. But clearly you're not doing that so don't worry about it.

I never gave into Scaramucci's narrative. I am just sick and tired of it... and he is doing damage, BTW.

Clear, blatantly emotional response here, to a very calm and insightful reply. Look at the way he spoke to you versus the attitude in your response. Melodramatic righteous indignation, all caps, aggressive tone, overly defensive...you have absolutely proven with this post that you are taking this whole thing personally, just as it was pointed out to you.

Has Anthony Scaramucci himself claimed to be the representative embodiment of all Italian Americans? No. That is your claim. Has anyone else on this forum created a thread based entirely on the belief that he "acts like" he thinks he's qualified to speak on the sole behalf of all Italian Americans? No. Only you did that. Clearly, the only person here with the problem is you.

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 05:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: angeldoll

In the meantime Angeldoll you are full of Classe'. Always keeps it decent even when you disagree.

posted on Jul, 30 2017 @ 06:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Thecakeisalie

Even Tony Danza is a less offensive stereotype than this fettamucci guy.

He is the epitome of all that's wrong with the GOP, another guy who's mouth is bigger than his intellect. He won't last long because Trump does not like anyone who gets more attention than himself. I like to think Italian Americans are classy, courteous, stylish and pasta-okay the last one is a compliment but hey they did come up with the best cuisine on earth IMHO. However this Mussomucci guy has none of those qualities and you are quite right as he does come across as the greasy haired Hollywood archetype, embracing your heritage is fine but defiling it is another.

We used to call guys like this "slicky-boys" back in the army. They were low class punks, sported "100-mile-an-hour," greasy slicked back hair, talked a lot of trash and got slapped around plenty. They all came from a region centered on NYC, and all of them claimed to be connected to the mob.
It was not the Italian link that made them butt-monkeys, hell we had plenty of folks descended from Italians. It was the specific culture they grew up in. Just a bunch of entitled little boys who yelled and blustered, tried to scam out of pulling their weight, got the beat-down often, and wound up getting less than honorable discharges at a high rate.
I believe the "mooch" is about to get a taste of military justice.

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 06:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Trueman

Aah I went to Bologna once...loved the preserved meats
Im trying to remember isnt Modena the town Ferrari is from between Milan and Bologna?

Yeah Milan even in the daytime is dangerous...if you have a backpack in a park...better look out for the Morrocans, sometimes yhe Gypsies...but I saw them in the allies and trains more

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 07:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueJacket
Im trying to remember isnt Modena the town Ferrari is from between Milan and Bologna?

Correct. And Sant'Agata, where they make Lamborghinis, is right down the road from Modena.

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 09:31 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I do enjoy you sir. So few Americans have really travelled. You seem better so than me..which is hard to do...kudos

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 06:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlueJacket
I do enjoy you sir. So few Americans have really travelled. You seem better so than me..which is hard to do...kudos

Well, Italy is a no-brainer for us since we still have family/property there. We're taking my mom next time since she always took me when I was younger.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join