It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I’m Sick and Tired of Dirt Bag Scaramucci Acting Like He Is Representative of Italian-Americans

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 07:57 AM
link   
I’m sick and tired of dirt bag Anthony Scaramucci acting like he is representative of Italian-Americans. HE IS NOT.

Look, I have lived in various neighborhoods of the Bronx for over 25 years.

I lived in various neighborhoods of Northern New Jersey for over 20 years including North Caldwell (home of the Sopranos, BTW).

I lived on Long Island, from where Anthony Scaramucci hails, for a number of years, too.

All of the above areas have significant Italian-American populations.

I went to a high school 45% of whose student body was comprised of Italian-American boys.

I never once encountered an Italian-American similar in any way to Anthony Scaramucci. No one ever came across as crude and as tough as he. No one ever spoke with an archaic, heavy accent like his. No one ever used the F-bomb as profusely as he. No one ever liberally used other profanities like he has.

I AM NOTHING LIKE ANTHONY SCARAMUCCI, I am proud to say.

Anthony Scaramucci is destroying all of the progress that Italian-Americans have made in countering ethnic stereotypes over the decades.

Anthony Scaramucci is, no doubt, a low-class dirt bag. He is a disgrace. He is an embarrassment... and the funny thing is that he is proud of it.

I renounce him. I denounce him.

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 08:01 AM
link   
a reply to: theworldisnotenough

I guess mileage differs...my wife's entire family hails from New Jersey and frankly theyre pretty damned abrasive from a Midwestern perspective.

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 08:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlueJacket

I guess mileage differs...my wife's entire family hails from New Jersey and frankly theyre pretty damned abrasive from a Midwestern perspective.

OK, "from a Midwestern perspective," but are any of them quite like Anthony Scaramucci?

I've characterized Rudy Giuliani and Chris Christie as being dirt bags, but they are high society when compared to Scaramucci.
edit on 29-7-2017 by theworldisnotenough because: Italicized.

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Yeah, I mean I agree with that much...he is pretty full of bluster. I attribute that to potential genitalia issues

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 08:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: theworldisnotenough
I renounce him. I denounce him.

Awwww ... c'mon!! You haven't even given the guy a chance yet.

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 08:12 AM
link   

I think you are too delicate.

My father was Italian, I lived in Italy, went to school and worked in Italy.

Tu non capisci niente. (You got no clue).

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 08:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Trueman

I lived in Italy for a year. Milan for the most part, where were you?

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Anthony Scaramucci is destroying all of the progress that Italian-Americans have made in countering ethnic stereotypes over the decades.

This point is the problem. Never ever act like any one person can or should represent an entire ethnic group or demographic. I've heard fellow African Americans say "this or that person just set us back x-amount of years". And I've heard fellow Muslims say "this or that person/crime just set us back x-amount of years", too. But I completely disagree w/them too.

The whole point in the Western judicial system is that every individual is responsible for his or her own actions. Collective blame is literally a war crime and collective guilt is just plain stupid. Even famous political and religious leaders rarely reflect the wants, needs, and opinions of the people they claim to represent.

In other words, Scaramucci only represents himself. If you give in to the narrative that he represents Italian Americans as a whole, then you're giving him and the narrative-makers power over yourself. But clearly you're not doing that so don't worry about it.

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 08:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Trueman

I think you are too delicate.

My father was Italian, I lived in Italy, went to school and worked in Italy.

Tu non capisci niente. (You got no clue).

Oh, I am sorry. Maybe I did not make it clear enough: I am talking about Italian-AMERICANS here.

While I have your attention, let me ask the following of you:

How many Italian-American politicians come across like The Mooch?

How many Italian-American police officers come across like The Mooch?

How many Italian-Americans who attended Harvard come across like The Mooch?

How many Italian-Americans who have been admitted to the Bar in New York State or in any other state, for that matter, come across like The Mooch.

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 08:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservant

This point is the problem. Never ever act like any one person can or should represent an entire ethnic group or demographic.

Excuse me. I don't think that I ever did that. Look to the subject heading of this thread. It states that SCARAMUCCI ACTS LIKE HE REPRESENTS Italian-Americans.

I've heard fellow African Americans say "this or that person just set us back x-amount of years". And I've heard fellow Muslims say "this or that person/crime just set us back x-amount of years", too. But I completely disagree w/them too.

The whole point in the Western judicial system is that every individual is responsible for his or her own actions. Collective blame is literally a war crime and collective guilt is just plain stupid. Even famous political and religious leaders rarely reflect the wants, needs, and opinions of the people they claim to represent.

In other words, Scaramucci only represents himself. If you give in to the narrative that he represents Italian Americans as a whole, then you're giving him and the narrative-makers power over yourself. But clearly you're not doing that so don't worry about it.

I never gave into Scaramucci's narrative. I am just sick and tired of it... and he is doing damage, BTW.

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Meh, I don't care from where he hails. He's a pompous ass. Crude and déclassé. Just like his boss.

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 08:48 AM
link   

I think you and I should visit a few places in Paterson and Newark where I can introduce you to a few people who talk and act just like the Mooch. We may even get a nice meal to go along with our entertainment.

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 08:48 AM
link   

The man looks like he came out of a plastic mold. He just may be a reptilian under that plastic!

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 09:02 AM
link   

I grew up in North Babylon on long island. 99.9% Italian neighborhood. Next to West Babylon who had slightly more.
Yes I'm Italian American.
Scramucci would have been relegated to the kids table. ( Italian family holidays always had a kids table.) His behavior would have been fine in a bar and every Italian home on long island had a basement rec-room with a bar. But not in front of the mother's and grandmother's. Not in front of the children especially not in front of the girl children.
Boys maybe...if they were over eleven.
There were lots of rules about behaviour in mixed company. The men could F this and F that all day long as long as it was not in front of the ladies.
I'm sixty and though I know he used the word I never heard my father say the F word. He damned God all day long. Jesue Grista ( Jesus Christ) was popular as well as calling on the entire holy family. JESUS, MARY AND JOSEPH when the occasion was really dire.( like the bread wasn't on the table when dinner began).
Other lesser curse words were ok but there were some that just never saw the light of day with women and children around.
It is simple respect.
My own son let the F word slip in front of me and he nearly fell out of his chair apologizing for it.
So no this dude would have been considered a lowlife in our community.
Nice suit or not.

edit on 7292017 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 09:08 AM
link   
a reply to: BlueJacket

Oh I don't know buddy. Even the short Italian men have a lot to offer a girl. Wink wink...that's been my experience. And they are all circumcised btw.

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 09:11 AM
link   

The mooch would have fit right in at Kennedy Airport or anywhere in south Queens for that matter.

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 09:14 AM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

In the meantime Angeldoll you are full of Classe'. Always keeps it decent even when you disagree.

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 09:16 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

There is a caste system in place in Italian American culture especially in the north east.
The money and the grubs. Depends on where you were n that ladder.

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 09:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
There is a caste system in place in Italian American culture especially in the north east.
The money and the grubs. Depends on where you were n that ladder.

We did alright, most of our major appliances fell off trucks.

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Did you miss the last line of my post? "But clearly you're not doing that so don't worry about it."

Though if he's "doing damage" to the image of Italian Americans, the problem is with the people who take one man's actions as representative of all Italian Americans. Hence the whole point in my post. For example, neither his actions nor your words have affected my views on Italians or Italian Americans. See how that works?

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join