It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea fires another missile , this time in the dark

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 08:34 AM
link   
a reply to: LogicalGraphitti

Not defending this position but we are literally in a war with north Korea. So there is that.

en.m.wikipedia.org...
edit on 29-7-2017 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 08:41 AM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

Seriously that is 2 in that past 24 hours. How many more are going to be fired, before one has a nuke on it? The UN needs to take action, or eventually trump will. I would rather have the UN back it though for obvious reasons. I live in LA, I don't want a nuke going off here, or anywhere else for that matter. Scary stuff!!!

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 08:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
a reply to: Ophiuchus 13

Despite the narrative in western media, NK is developing and testing defensive missiles. Every nation has the right to defend itself. Especially against an aggressive superpower.

What is this? amateur hour? Art not science?

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Despite the narrative in western media, NK is developing and testing defensive missiles. Every nation has the right to defend itself. Especially against an aggressive superpower.

NKorea has repeatedly threatened the U.S.! Japan is not allowed to have an offensive military, Iran, why do you think we went into that country? They are not allowed to have nukes. You are misinformed!!!

North Korea has threated us over and over. They are not building them to defend themselves!

edit on 29-7-2017 by kurthall because: add

edit on 29-7-2017 by kurthall because: fix

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Does this have any reliable sources?

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Now I know why all them planes were flying over me in the last couple of days here in Yamaguchi, Japan.

Yah, its illegal for piss ant countries to defend themselves agains the One True Empire...

Eh Im with ya, but not when youre claiming to nuke NYC off the map. Then, sorry, you lose your right to play with rockets.

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 10:56 AM
link   
a reply to: slider1982

The reason is that NK.... as they have in the past given a heads up about their tests. That is something Our News have left out. All ou rmedia mention is that they are preparing for a New test as if they didnt already know know that since NK have told us.

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 10:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic
Missile landed off the coast of Hokaido. NOT in Japanese territory though. Big new on TV right now. Now I know why all them planes were flying over me in the last couple of days here in Yamaguchi, Japan. I made a post of it a few days ago.

Maybe Kim Jong grew tired of watching daylight launches disappear into the sky so quickly. He's a quirky tyrant.

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 11:00 AM
link   

I wouldn't be too worried, if 'lil Kim needs to test ICBM's in this day in age that means the NK army is as dated as his haircut. The west has had Trident and Exocet missiles for decades, so why is he trying to play big boy by firing a missile into the sea, Hell the french were testing nukes decades before this latest test, that's right the cheese eating surrender monkeys got there first-but I suppose I better shut up because I'm part cheese eating surrender monkey and I have more to fear from them than from a spoiled brat with small man's syndrome.

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 11:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Thecakeisalie

Testing a warhead and the warhead carrier are two different challanges.

NK must test these missiles to be sure that they are capable of carrying the warhead and reaching their destination. NK also have to know how accurate their missile is compared to the warhead. That is why they are doing these tests.

The smaller the nuke is the more accurate the missile must be to hit it's target. NK have a warhead probably just in the KiloTonn range somwhere. THat means it must hit very Close to its predicted target to do any real damage.

edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 11:21 AM
link   

They are allowed to defend themselves. They have plenty of weapons (even if it is at the deficit of their own citizens). They are not allowed to have nukes. THEY signed the agreement. They are choosing to break that agreement. That is the fault of the U.S. how? They are launching missiles into trade waters. Into the sky without alerting anyone. That is the fault of the U.S. how?

The fact that even China condemns them for their actions is telling. How anyone could defend the actions of that backwards country seriously boggles the mind.

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Oh crap... The little horn is at it again, lol

...reminds me of a prophetic writing in the bible: (Daniel 7:8). The proud, boastful words of the little horn continue until the day of judgment (verses 9–10). At that time, “the beast was slain...

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 11:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: fleabit

They are allowed to defend themselves. They have plenty of weapons (even if it is at the deficit of their own citizens). They are not allowed to have nukes. THEY signed the agreement. They are choosing to break that agreement. That is the fault of the U.S. how? They are launching missiles into trade waters. Into the sky without alerting anyone. That is the fault of the U.S. how?

The fact that even China condemns them for their actions is telling. How anyone could defend the actions of that backwards country seriously boggles the mind.

That Depends on how well you know the politiks involved.

THe US have sanctioned NK to the brink of starvation, but we blame Kim for all of it. But on what grounds? Do you know any of them ?
When a nation is sanctioned to death what can a leader do when it is drained to absolute poverty, do to sanctions. How must a leader controll its People? HOw must you controll Your People when yo have nothing to offer them do to sanctions.

Why wont NK comply to Our demands..... Or why should they comply?

When it comes to any agreements....what are they really Worth when even the US breaks them?

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 12:01 PM
link   

The smaller the nuke is the more accurate the missile must be to hit it's target. NK have a warhead probably just in the KiloTonn range somwhere. THat means it must hit very Close to its predicted target to do any real damage.
a reply to: spy66

Correct. In a densely populated area such as Los Angeles these small nukes pose a threat, however Amazon is devising a drone delivery service while NK is still trying to develop a rocket that doesn't fall into the sea of Japan. My concern is SK could be the first target and we all know too well know how shooting down a high altitude ICBM is nearly impossible.

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 12:08 PM
link   

That Depends on how well you know the politiks involved.

THe US have sanctioned NK to the brink of starvation, but we blame Kim for all of it. But on what grounds? Do you know any of them ?

The U.S. has hardly sanctioned NK to starvation - where did you get that? Japan, SK, and the European Union have placed far more sanctions on NK than the U.S. has. China (supposedly) turning back coal trading has a MASSIVELY larger impact on NK than anything the U.S. could do, as 90% of their trade occurs with China. We are peanuts to them, and our sanctions are but a tiny part of the sanctions placed by many nations. You think ALL those countries are wrong? Even China? And NK is not at fault for the sanctions against them? That's pretty hilarious.

The U.S. is not "starving" NK. NK it starving itself due to the actions and decisions of their government.

It constantly amazes me the lengths people will go to defend the actions of countries like NK, China, Russia, or even terrorist leaders like Bin Laden, in their campaign to villainize the U.S. for pretty much everything bad that happens on the planet. Russia annexes Crimea? The U.S.'s fault. NK breaking their agreement to develop nuclear weapons? The U.S.'s fault.

Doesn't seem to matter to them that in this case, if NK would stop developing nukes and methods to deliver them, there would not even be sanctions from any country against them. And they'd have the money to actually help their own people and infrastructure.
edit on 29-7-2017 by fleabit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 01:34 PM
link   
U.S. Calls for an emergency security council meeting about the NK missile tests.

www.msn.com...

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 01:35 PM
link   
The USS Pueblo is docked in North Korea. I say we take an inert warhead, mount it on a missile and take the Pueblo out from long distance. Then tell North Korea there are plenty more where that came from.

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: deviant300
Here is good domestic source.

originally posted by: worldstarcountry

Published on Jul 28, 2017
North Korea is constantly threatening the peace and the Korean people on the Korean peninsula through nuclear tests and missile launches.
□ Our military is constructing a Korean 3-axis system to cope with North Korea's threats. To realize this, we have developed a new ballistic missile (BM) with increased range, increased power through diversification of warheads, and improved accuracy came.
□ We will launch a new type of ballistic missile, flight, and target hitting video, which we are currently developing under the direction of the National Defense Science Institute (about 25 seconds).
□ (Explanation of video showing new ballistic missile)
① First, it is a new type of ballistic missile firing and flying scene that has improved drastically the accuracy and power compared to the ballistic missiles that have been released so far. They have the ability to fire four shots within a matter of seconds from the same launch pad, which means they can destroy targets in a very short amount of time.
② The next step is to accurately hit the target point, which can improve the accuracy and cause fatal damage to the target with one step. In particular, it can destroy all the Changsha Pollution Tunnels that threaten the metropolitan area as well as the North Korean nuclear and missile bases. There is.
□ Our military has the world's highest precision and destructive missile capability that can hurl anywhere in North Korea if necessary, and will greatly enhance missile units and power in the future.
I would like to say that if North Korea conducts a military provocation, it will punish hard.

Published on Jul 28, 2017
[Ministry of National Defense] July 29 - US and North Korea to respond to provocations of North Korean ballistic missiles (MOCA-2, ATACMS shooting image).

edit on 7-29-2017 by worldstarcountry because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: UnBreakable

Here's a scary thought. I saw a post on Twitter that went into how the chaos at our White House will make it harder for the US to respond in the event of an international crisis (paraphrasing). They are right. How many people have been fired or quit at the White House since January?

That can't help us any. But it has to be very encouraging to Kim Jong Un - to see his enemy's house in disarray (so to speak).

Here's another scary thought: One of the Mod's here was pointing out how accurate those missiles are depend in part on the weight of the warhead (paraphrasing again). What if Kim didn't use a nuke but instead opted for chemical or biological warheads instead? Are they any lighter? Would such missile be more accurate?

We are running out of time to act.
edit on 29-7-2017 by dianajune because: forgot to add something

edit on 29-7-2017 by dianajune because: typo

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 03:22 PM
link   
I havent seen anything on a july 29 missile launch

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join