It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Markers For Success or Failure For New Chief of Staff John Kelly; Projection: FAILURE

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2017 @ 09:44 AM
link   
If you guys spent a little more time hanging out with a few "Inside the Beltway personnel" rather than speculating on hearsay and conjecture, you would know that General Kelly is far more than what appears in the public eye.

Kelly was promoted to brigadier general, which was the first known promotion of a Marine Corps colonel in an active combat zone since that of another First Marine Division assistant division commander, Chesty Puller, in January of 51.

There's a rhyme and reason to Mogul's unconventional tactics.
The RNC had to be taught a lesson and Prebius was the bullet sponge.

Buck

posted on Jul, 30 2017 @ 09:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: flatbush71
If you guys spent a little more time hanging out with a few "Inside the Beltway personnel" rather than speculating on hearsay and conjecture, you would know that General Kelly is far more than what appears in the public eye.

Kelly was promoted to brigadier general, which was the first known promotion of a Marine Corps colonel in an active combat zone since that of another First Marine Division assistant division commander, Chesty Puller, in January of 51.

There's a rhyme and reason to Mogul's unconventional tactics.
The RNC had to be taught a lesson and Prebius was the bullet sponge.

Buck

Have you never read The Peter Principle and its sequels?

posted on Jul, 30 2017 @ 10:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll
a reply to: Caver78

I'm also as hesitant to speculate on Trump suffering a mental illness since he has had to pass numerous physicals by military physicians.

Do you have a source for that?

Surprisingly I do.
www.statnews.com...

Dr. Ronny Jackson, a rear admiral in the US Navy, will continue to serve as physician to the president, White House press secretary Sean Spicer told STAT. Jackson was appointed as the lead White House doctor by Obama in July 2013. He had previously served in the White House Medical Unit under Obama and George W. Bush.

It would take a little more digging to find out how often a President is monitored, but IIRC it's fairly regularly. The article even goes into Trumps current condition, which isn't bad for a desk jockey of his age.

In the spirit of all information, I also found this
www.thoughtco.com...

I knew the 25th Amendment comes into play when a President has surgery or is otherwise going to be incapacitated. If papers aren't signed there's no clear line of succession of duties. However should Trump indeed demonstrate he's mentally impaired I would think he could be 302'd like anyone else should it be necessary. Just because it hasn't been done before doesn't mean it can't.

Altho I have to say his White House Doctor comes with some impressive credentials and I doubt he can be easily fooled.
edit on 30-7-2017 by Caver78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2017 @ 10:46 AM
link   

I can think of several presidents medical conditions that was kept from the public. Roosevelt, Kennedy, Reagan. I don't trust anyone in this administration. I will trust in what I see and hear.

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 12:02 AM
link   
a reply to: theworldisnotenough

You guys are hilarious.

Markers for success: Fire scaramucci, keep scaramucci from talking to potus, fire kushner, fire ivanka, stop the tweeting.

Hmmmm.... those don't seem like markers for success as much as they seem like the dreams of leftists.

Let me provide you with the only two markers for success:
Stop the leaks from the white house. Projection: success.
Help move the Trump Agenda forward. Projection: success.

If he does those two things, he'll be viewed as a success.
edit on 31-7-2017 by Dfairlite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 12:14 AM
link   
As a note all MSNBC primetime shows are archived on their website.
If it disappears from YouTube it can still be found there.

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 12:26 AM
link   

I'm concussed by your phrase "strike fear into his domestic opponents".
I thought he was president of everybody.
That sounds bad. A bit divisive.
Oh yeah...it's trump.

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 12:31 AM
link   
a reply to: theworldisnotenough

When I saw "MSNBC", I knew that this O'Donnell person (Rosie's husband or brother?) was not going to say anything positive...or even hopeful, regarding John Kelly as Chief of Staff. MSNBC personalities have been some of the biggest FAKE news fabricators against the Trump presidency thus far.

BTW... Didn't Reince Priebus quit after Anthony Scaramucci called him out as a "Leaker" in the administration?

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 02:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Caver78

originally posted by: MOMof3
What if these generals go the other way with trump? What if they decide he is a danger to the country? This may not go the way trump had it planned. Trump seems to have escalated N Korea taunts with his tactics and blaming China and Russia, this can't end well. Maybe the generals know that.

My first thoughts on that were, by surrounding himself with Military it gives the impression to other countries he "CAN" impose martial law if he chooses. It also strikes a fear into his domestic opponents just since the "Visual" is so striking.

Kelly has proved himself to be in lock-step with Trump's wishes by the way he has run Homeland Security.
Caver, the "Visual" is more than striking.
It's possible, Trump is surrounding himself with military to stage a coup d 'etat when Mueller comes calling.

Emporer Don has shown himself to have zero respect for the laws of our nation in his business life, and as president. He is enamored with authoritarians such as Erdogan, Putin, and Duterte.

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 04:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Olivine

LOL!! Wow, are you folks losing your minds or what!?

Kelly has proved himself to be in lock-step with Trump's wishes

Imagine that, trump appointed someone who will carry out his agenda. Frightening, what an abuse of power.

It's possible, Trump is surrounding himself with military to stage a coup d 'etat when Mueller comes calling.

How can the leader of the government overthrow the government? Oh you mean the deep state, unelected folks! Yeah, let's hope he does that. No more fifth column.

Emporer Don has shown himself to have zero respect for the laws of our nation

Last I checked, Don hasn't been the subject of a criminal lawsuit, ever. You know, those lawsuits that happen when you... break the law. And he'd have to be subject to one of those to be found guilty of breaking the law.

He is enamored with authoritarians such as Erdogan, Putin, and Duterte.

Decisive leadership after 8 years of obama's "lead from behindership" is easy to envy. At many points during the obama admin I wished we had a strong leader like putin or erdogan. Luckily our constitution keeps strong leaders from committing atrocities that give strong leadership a bad name. Then again, don't you guys basically worship FDR? Didn't he put americans in internment camps?

ETA: OMG you were actually responding to a post where the poster was hoping for a legitimate coup d'etat against Trump. Holy hell, you guys are absolutely deranged.
edit on 31-7-2017 by Dfairlite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 07:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

I'm concussed by your phrase "strike fear into his domestic opponents".
I thought he was president of everybody.
That sounds bad. A bit divisive.
Oh yeah...it's trump.

I meant to write confused. Auto correct and late night...

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 08:04 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

There hasn't been any fake news against this presidency. Get real for crying out loud. You know he's a train wreck. You know he's a failure. Just admit it already.
It's not the press and it's never been the press. It's that man who is unqualified and unfit to lead this great nation.
The sooner he is no longer president the better.
He and his supporters should know that this cry of fake news is falling on deaf ears. No one wants to hear his whiney excuses for his failures. No one is interested in hearing him blame everyone but himself.
It's time for him to flipping man up or get the hell out.
He's the president. He wants to take credit for an economy he had zero hand in creating but wants to blame every failure on the previous administration.
No one wants to hear that crap anymore. No one wants to listen to him cry about how unfair it all is. Or brag about how great he is. Time for him to show some of that greatness and not just talk about it.
He needs to grow up and he needs to grow up now.

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 08:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Obviously Trump is everyones President, however it's also partisan and decisive by nature.

I did a little reading up on Kelly and it seems he's friends with a couple of other Generals Trump has surrounded himself with. What I was trying to say without saying is, and think this thru! Currently the US "appears" weak and disorganized to OTHER nations. The kind with dictators. WHAT do Dictators understand?

A leader surrounded with Military men.

I pointed out the VISUAL, which is very different from the actuality. In diplomacy you can say things without actually saying them, if you get my drift? The optics of this not only signals Trump doesn't HAVE to take any guff from the Repub.'s OR Dems, but is actually a 3-fer because the optics strengthens the US's image abroad.

I said NOTHING about a coup, possible coup NOR did I even allude to it!!!!!

Trump got voted in because he was of NEITHER PARTY. People keep forgetting he was a Democrat for many years BEFORE he swapped sides to be able to run for President. Him using Military people to staff key positions means he OWES neither party crap. He's acting like an Independent in this way.

Which to get things done he claims are important to him is actually the wisest course of action. No one wanted a President in bed with anyone, to get that you literally HAVE to recruit from the military, if he started recruiting CEO's y'all would be screaming patronage. He's in bed with big business etc...

Make sense now?
Sorry I didn't explain it better the first time.

<< 1  2   >>

join