It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Markers For Success or Failure For New Chief of Staff John Kelly; Projection: FAILURE

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 09:50 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 09:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: pavil
whos next at DHS

Speculation is that it will be Jeff Sessions.

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 09:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
Or it could be that Kelly was highly effective at bringing Homeland to heel already, so Trump brought him over to the White House along with Scaramucci to bring order to the present chaos and clear up the leaks.

Just one another way to look at it.

But, but, but, it was stated that Donald Trump thrives on chaos.

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 09:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: theworldisnotenough

whos next at DHS

Speculation is that it will be Jeff Sessions.

That or the Rep from Texas. Koblach isn't a viable nomination IMO. Too much other stuff with his baggage.

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 10:01 AM
link   
a reply to: theworldisnotenough

He thrives on successful people working for him. He switched up his campaign leadership in the middle of the race, which is pretty rare. Can't dispute the results of that. He is not afraid to get rid of people who don't produce the desired results. Preibus, by any measuring stick, was a failure. Cut your losses and find someone more capable.
edit on 29-7-2017 by pavil because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 10:04 AM
link   
a reply to: MOMof3

If you've never had a Drill Sargent in your face or a Black Hat or even a Chief Petty Officer or Top I can see how you would doubt.

I would gather it's deadly in the Sit Room and for good reason. While Potus is still Commander In Chief, collectively the men he's surrounding himself with are both Patriots and carry more earned authority than Trump. Every President especially those who have never served need to get those men on-board and earn THEIR respect. Most have survived both combat and multiple Presidents.

Trump getting Kelly to accept WH Chief is HUGE.

BTW I don't have a dog in this race. Just a few observations is all.

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 10:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Caver78

On one hand, I agree that this is HUGE.

On the other hand, I don't think that Kelly is going to get past his first marker of success or failure which is what he has to do first thing Monday morning per knowledgeable political pundits, to wit, kicking Anthony Scaramucci to the curb.

We don't even have to consider the other marker which is to be a roadblock to Trump's loose cannon tweeting in the wee hours of the morning.

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 10:17 AM
link   

He thrives on successful people working for him. He switched up his campaign leadership in the middle of the race, which is pretty rare. Can't dispute the results of that. He is not afraid to get rid of people who don't produce the desired results. Preibus, by any measuring stick, was a failure. Cut your losses and find someone more capable.

However, when it comes to discharging a Chief of Staff from the White House, it is indicative of an administration in deep, deep trouble.

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 10:49 AM
link   

I'm torn about Trump using social media, on one hand I think it's great he isn't fettered by a middle layer and us having to listen to 40 pundits telling us what he meant. On the other hand he's an absolute idiot on Twitter.

I could easily say he can blow up daytime TV with multiple briefings to the public, but we'd be pissy about that as well, plus he'd waste a bunch of time that way. Restricting his use of social media also strikes me as wrong since despite tweeting like a moron, the man is also entitled to free speech under our constitution.

Kelly has his work cut out for him fer sure!

edit on 29-7-2017 by Caver78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 11:06 AM
link   

However, when it comes to discharging a Chief of Staff from the White House, it is indicative of an administration in deep, deep trouble.

I disagree because in the past every President elected had a political machine behind them, Trump came in blazing with a cobbled together hot mess. I don't believe you can judge this by the same yardstick. We knew he was going to have a STEEP learning curve and his intention was to be controversial. He's sticking with that so far, so a new WH Chief isn't a surprise.

The WH has appeared to be in disarray from the jump and his picks for staff "seem" to have been haphazard. I would suggest that now he's gotten a better handle on things and is making adjustments. He's still got to learn to work with Congress and the House or we don't even need to impeach him, they'll effectively block him at every turn and reduce him to a lame-duck for the next few years.

The Republicans are now in the hot seat since their guy has the stage and they're sitting on their hands. Much hay has been made over the Dems house on fire, but the Republicans will be right behind them if they don't pull their heads out of their butts. It'll leave the field open for Independents since Trump has signaled he doesn't care much who he works with.

My point is there's much turmoil, but not necessarily cause Trump booted his COS.

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 11:09 AM
link   

I love the bending over backwards finding reasons and causes for the things Trump does. It is said he is highly intelligent and that he is the consummate business man. That now he is battling the old power structure of the US government. That he is weeding out the spies and incompetents forced on him by the Republican Party. This may be the case. He may be all of those things and we will spend the next period of time watching him organize the best Executive Branch in history.

But there are other ways of looking at this without flying so far afield of occam's razor. One is this.

Trump is a scatterbrain. Now whether this is do to age and his mental acuity is slipping or he has been this way for a while. This explains his flipping and flopping, his crude remarks along the trail his hiring and firing and his contrary statements all within short periods of time.

When it comes to business success his record is like a roller coaster. His main success in the past had been with his flaunting of his ''brand',, the Trump Brand. Putting his name on everything that he built and with everything he bought. Making his name a draw for up and coming business wannabes. Those up and comers of course know that to tie oneself to an established brand is a proven aid to success and in this I am sure that he attracted numerous 'climbers' along the way who indentured themselves to him and his brand long enough to get their cred before moving on and to help him stay afloat in the business world which surely needs a firmer mind than Trump has.

There are of course other ways of looking at Trump but for now, I'm working with 'scatterbrain' and it is working for me.

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Caver78

Yes, unless Trump has some form of mental illness. Not even generals can penetrate that. We will see soon I'm sure.

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 01:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3

Yes, unless Trump has some form of mental illness. Not even generals can penetrate that. We will see soon I'm sure.

And maybe he is just throwing spaghetti at the wall... in desperation, of course. That transgender ban in the military is just such an example.

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 01:53 PM
link   

And it hasn't occurred to anyone yet the trans-gender ban might have been quid-pro-quo to get the military on board with his agenda?

I'm also as hesitant to speculate on Trump suffering a mental illness since he has had to pass numerous physicals by military physicians. Even if he hadn't I'd no more speculate on that, than I would accuse a member here of it.

Just because we don't like what he does, does NOT imply mental illness. Bad judgement, lack of impulse control, apparently vocabulary isn't his strong suite either?, but none of us are qualified to diagnose. Those that are have deemed him healthy enough for Office.

Smart enough, or knowledgeable enough are completely different questions, and valid ones. Sometimes people just suck at jobs cause they suck. Dragging Mental Illness into this is unnecessary.
YMMV

posted on Jul, 30 2017 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Which only means Potus had to sweeten the pot for him, which would probably entail some concessions. No WH Chief of Staff can be effective if Potus won't work with them. This is why I see Smooch as a tool, he could say what Trump couldn't and take the heat for it only to be tossed when it's advantageous to dump him.

Most business excec's have a couple of those types on board for just that purpose. If nothing else Trump is wedded to the business model. Outdated tho it may be. Using fear to motivate people is actually the sign of an incompetent Manager, so at least we know where we stand.

My thoughts exactly. Trump didn't want to take ALL the heat for firing Priebus, so he had the "mooch" installed to raise a fuss.

I was hired by a very large company that makes suspension parts for GM back in 2002 to do a review of their IT processes related to their Electronic Data Exchange (EDI) processes by a senior VP. He made it clear from the start of the contract that I was being paid to raise hell, find fault, and represent the EDI manager (and some of his staff) as incompetent and out of touch. He told me to be critcal, as the EDI team was really in bad shape. . They were, so I had no problem taking the money, writing a report and giving a presentation. The VP could have fired these workers , but wanted 3rd party confirmation to avoid blow-back.
Might be the same thing here.

posted on Jul, 30 2017 @ 07:29 AM
link   

This is why I see Smooch as a tool, he could say what Trump couldn't and take the heat for it only to be tossed when it's advantageous to dump him.

Most business excec's have a couple of those types on board for just that purpose.

Oh, is that what Trump loyalty is all about?

Yes.
It is a relationship of being used till you are no longer use-full, then, under the bus you go!

posted on Jul, 30 2017 @ 07:38 AM
link   

On one hand, I agree that this is HUGE.

On the other hand, I don't think that Kelly is going to get past his first marker of success or failure which is what he has to do first thing Monday morning per knowledgeable political pundits, to wit, kicking Anthony Scaramucci to the curb.

We don't even have to consider the other marker which is to be a roadblock to Trump's loose cannon tweeting in the wee hours of the morning.

We will see what milestones Kelly will meet shortly.

Either he becomes the gatekeeper or he walks...should find out in a month or so.

This is the best, cliff-hanging reality show ever! Too bad it has reality at its' core and we are all affected by this drama.

posted on Jul, 30 2017 @ 07:51 AM
link   

I have made it very clear (with much hyperbole, and attempts at humor), on ATS that I believe that Trump has degenerative dementia. He is getting old. Look at how his speech patterns have changed in just the past few years. Incomplete, jumbled sentences. One or two syllable words. Anger. Confusion. Denial. Inability to recall simple facts.

I witnessed this with family members over the years. The one constant is that the person knows they are slipping, but try to hide it. They fear losing control of their future, and push back hard at any attempt to take away the freedom they have had for years (driving, living unassisted, having their own financial freedom, etc).

It is very hard on the family when they have to intervene.

Time for the US family to intervene.

posted on Jul, 30 2017 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Yes. The problem is not the employees. The problem is the President.

posted on Jul, 30 2017 @ 08:07 AM
link   

I'm also as hesitant to speculate on Trump suffering a mental illness since he has had to pass numerous physicals by military physicians.

Do you have a source for that?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join