It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Markers For Success or Failure For New Chief of Staff John Kelly; Projection: FAILURE

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 04:43 AM
link   
Lawrence O’Donnell had a very interesting “Last Word” show on MSNBC last night, Friday, July 28, 2017.

Right now, it is available on Youtube, but I am not including a link to it here because such things have a way of just disappearing from Youtube.

Anyway, the first indication that new White House Chief of Staff John Kelly will have his work cut out for him, as pointed out by Mr. O’Donnell pretty much at the top of the show, is that the tenure of the prior Chief of Staff, Reince Priebus, was the shortest in history before his being sacked and that the sacking of a Chief of Staff is a sure sign of a White House in disarray.

Then a guest commentator on the show stated that an absolute necessity as first thing on Monday morning for Mr. Kelly to do as Chief of Staff is the giving to the new White House Director of Communications Anthony Scaramucci the boot out the door. The dismissal of Scaramucci, it was pointed out, should have already come in a heartbeat due to Scaramucci’s over-the-top behavior this past week. It was stated that such an immediate dismissal of Scaramucci would have been the case in any other prior administration. Projection: FAILURE.

The role of the Chief of Staff, among other things, would be to keep the Director of Communications from reporting directly to the President with the Chief of Staff coming between the two as the “gatekeeper.” If Scaramucci is allowed to stay on, then all indications up to this point are that it’s a fat chance that Mr. Kelly could keep Scaramucci from having unlimited, unbridled access to the oval office and The Donald. Projection: FAILURE.

It was also noted that Mr. Kelly has to get The Donald’s son-in-law Jared Kushner out of the West Wing within the first two month’s of Mr. Kelly’s new job. Projection: FAILURE.

It was further noted that Mr. Kelly has to get The Donald’s own daughter, Ivanka, out of the West Wing within the first two month’s of Mr. Kelly’s new job. Projection: FAILURE.

Now, here’s the really big thing that trump’s the aforementioned priorities: Mr. Kelly will have to put up a roadblock to all of The Donald’s addictive Twitter tweets until Mr. Kelly reviews and approves of, with editing, those tweets. Oh, lordie, this will most definitely be taken by The Donald as his being treated like a baby, and, supposedly, The Donald’s feeling like he was being treated like a baby by former Campaign Manager Paul Manafort is what led to Mr. Manafort’s being discharged by The Donald. Projection: dismal FAILURE on this point for Mr. Kelly.

Mr. Kelly has a background in the military where it is doubtful that he became accustomed to the chaos the likes of which The Donald thrives in. This alone portends FAILURE on the part of Mr. Kelly.

In all fairness to Reince Priebus, it was stated on the “Last Word” that he had a very difficult job, a virtually impossible one. The same applies to Mr. Kelly. Projection: FAILURE.
edit on 29-7-2017 by theworldisnotenough because: Inserted an omitted preposition.

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 04:51 AM
link   
Trump hasn't really listened to anyone yet.

I don't expect he will listen to Kelly either.

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 05:22 AM
link   
I have to agree. I don't see Kelly handling Trump's behavior or operating methods at all.

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 05:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Annee
Trump hasn't really listened to anyone yet.

I don't expect he will listen to Kelly either.

Maybe he'll listen to, "Guilty as charged," "Guilty as charged," "Guilty as charged..." 100 times over at the conclusion of his impeachment trial in the Senate. (Ditto at the conclusion of a trial for money laundering, twelve times over, though.)
edit on 29-7-2017 by theworldisnotenough because: Added a clause for more accuracy of thought.

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 07:10 AM
link   
Call me crazy, but I can't see Kelly accepting the job if he didn't think he could do it. That would mean he's already hammered out some ground rules with Potus. The dude is a 4-Star, he's got a long and decent job history behind him so taking on a new assignment that would crash all that doesn't seem likely.

If Kelly thought it was a lose-lose proposition it'd be MUCH more to his advantage to retire into the private sector.

While to us it appears this was a overnight decision by Trump, talks have probably been ongoing for weeks. The Smootch is an absolute tool and will either be brought to heel or tossed. He's already served his purpose.

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 07:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Caver78
Call me crazy, but I can't see Kelly accepting the job if he didn't think he could do it. That would mean he's already hammered out some ground rules with Potus. The dude is a 4-Star, he's got a long and decent job history behind him so taking on a new assignment that would crash all that doesn't seem likely.

If Kelly thought it was a lose-lose proposition it'd be MUCH more to his advantage to retire into the private sector.

While to us it appears this was a overnight decision by Trump, talks have probably been ongoing for weeks. The Smootch is an absolute tool and will either be brought to heel or tossed. He's already served his purpose.

Supposedly, as far back as May, Trump broached the subject of the job of Chief of Staff with John Kelly repeatedly, and Kelly politely turned the job down repeatedly, until, as you know, very recently.

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 07:30 AM
link   
What if these generals go the other way with trump? What if they decide he is a danger to the country? This may not go the way trump had it planned. Trump seems to have escalated N Korea taunts with his tactics and blaming China and Russia, this can't end well. Maybe the generals know that.

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 07:36 AM
link   
a reply to: theworldisnotenough

Which only means Potus had to sweeten the pot for him, which would probably entail some concessions. No WH Chief of Staff can be effective if Potus won't work with them. This is why I see Smooch as a tool, he could say what Trump couldn't and take the heat for it only to be tossed when it's advantageous to dump him.

Most business excec's have a couple of those types on board for just that purpose. If nothing else Trump is wedded to the business model. Outdated tho it may be. Using fear to motivate people is actually the sign of an incompetent Manager, so at least we know where we stand.

edit on 29-7-2017 by Caver78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 07:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3
What if these generals go the other way with trump? What if they decide he is a danger to the country? This may not go the way trump had it planned. Trump seems to have escalated N Korea taunts with his tactics and blaming China and Russia, this can't end well. Maybe the generals know that.

My first thoughts on that were, by surrounding himself with Military it gives the impression to other countries he "CAN" impose martial law if he chooses. It also strikes a fear into his domestic opponents just since the "Visual" is so striking.
Personally I think it's a genius move because to drain the swamp he needs backing from a group NOT wedded to outside politics, but to domestic. He's actually the Commander in Chief to the Military and is now using them, just not like anticipated. It free's him from BOTH political parties.

A serious genius move.
If you don't like the game, change the playing field.

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 08:01 AM
link   

This is why I see Smooch as a tool, he could say what Trump couldn't and take the heat for it only to be tossed when it's advantageous to dump him.

Most business excec's have a couple of those types on board for just that purpose.

Oh, is that what Trump loyalty is all about?

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 08:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Caver78

So you believe our American generals would follow the orders of a Commander they believe incompetent and dangerous?

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 08:35 AM
link   

So you believe our American generals would follow the orders of a Commander they believe incompetent and dangerous?

NOPE!
Not at all, I would however expect them to sit him down and "school him". He may not enjoy it, but collectively they are the ones to do it. What I DID say is that just the optics of I'm surrounding himself with military is designed to both signal to both political parties he doesn't need them, and to others he's dealing from a position of strength.

Problem is till now he's been running his WH with a culture of fear, which is definitely an outdated and weak position to take. Another problem is this is the business model from "his era" and either he can be a dog who learns new tricks, or he'll crash and burn.

This is why Pence strikes fear into most. To get rid of Trump that leaves us with Pence. It's not a good option.

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 08:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: theworldisnotenough

This is why I see Smooch as a tool, he could say what Trump couldn't and take the heat for it only to be tossed when it's advantageous to dump him.

Most business excec's have a couple of those types on board for just that purpose.

Oh, is that what Trump loyalty is all about?

YUP.
It's about a ineffective business model. It would behoove him to maybe raid some people from Apple, Google etc and change his approach, but he's pretty much a dinosaur about this.

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Ah, I think I see now. You and I assume his supporters also, believe the generals can monitor Trump's behavior where others could not. I think you are in for a disappointment.

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 08:49 AM
link   

NOPE!
Not at all, I would however expect them to sit him down and "school him". He may not enjoy it, but collectively they are the ones to do it.

I'm with Lawrence O'Donnell who characterized Donald Trump as uneducable.

... either he can be a dog who learns new tricks, or he'll crash and burn.

He is uneducable. He will crash and burn.

This is why Pence strikes fear into most. To get rid of Trump that leaves us with Pence. It's not a good option.

There is belief that Pence, himself, has met with the Russians, and his many lies have been chronicled on MSNBC, so impeachment may come as a two-for-one deal.

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Had to laff at this typo:

I'm with Lawrence O'Donnell who characterized Donald Trump as uneducable.
[quote]

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Duplicate post
edit on 29-7-2017 by pavil because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 09:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: pavil

Well here is your whole problem:
"Lawrence O’Donnell had a very interesting “Last Word” show on MSNBC last night, Friday, July 28, 2017." Listening to MSNBC will do that to you. Who better to listen to for Republican advice than them...........

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Or it could be that Kelly was highly effective at bringing Homeland to heel already, so Trump brought him over to the White House along with Scaramucci to bring order to the present chaos and clear up the leaks.

Just one another way to look at it.

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 09:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
Or it could be that Kelly was highly effective at bringing Homeland to heel already, so Trump brought him over to the White House along with Scaramucci to bring order to the present chaos and clear up the leaks.

Just one another way to look at it.

Kelly was doing so good at Homeland Security. Hopefully his successor is just as good. Preibus was an odd choice for CoS. Never committed to the Trump Agenda and was more in it for Republicans. I'm sure we'll be seeing him TV showing his true colors.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join