It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Being Watched

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
What i post are my opinions and things that are unjust and wrong.

I'm glad you finally admit that the things you post are unjust and wrong!

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Djohn- sure dear, i still like you, though. I have to give you credit for being such a strong supporter of the administration, no matter how wrong they might be. Bush is proud of ya.

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 03:16 PM
link   
As for the encryption, I don't doubt they have the ability to crack mine, but face it, my dad's worked (and continues to work) for many of the top network security companies in the industry. He's sold firewalls TO the government. They aren't going to spend the months it would take to crack it, because, believe me. No one has. EVER.

So I'm not personally worried about that. I'm more worried about them seeing some of the stuff I DO put out there, and getting redflagged (probably get a new redflag every week hehehe).

posted on Feb, 20 2005 @ 02:49 PM
link   
This question seems silly to me.

Understand this: You have no security with regard to internet communications. You are trusting your ISP to not divulge your personal info. If the feds want to put a tap on your line at the ISP they will see all of your web activity. If they can sucker you into browsing to a website which triggers a trojan download, how would you know? You cannot hide your online actions from those who wish to know so don't bother.

Why on earth would you be posting on a site called Above Top Secret and expect ANY type of privacy or absence of 'watching'?

posted on Feb, 20 2005 @ 09:10 PM
link   
If we weren't being watched before, we are now. So be careful not to say "frag" to many times in Halo or get to angry at President Bush.

kill, terminate, destroy, president, bush, CIA, Secret service terrorist.

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 03:10 AM
link   
weirdo, Thanks for the info on the picture phone..... Now I have a reason to go out and buy one.... The first photo taken will be of my A$$ with a the message written on it as such... You can Kiss My Kentucky born, Michigan made Texas Train A$$.... as far as I'm concern!
I'm feeling better now!!

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 04:04 AM
link   
I firmly beleive that some type of govt. entitiy scans sites such as this one. The Patriot Act. gave several govt. agencies sweeping power to snoop around as much as they pleasse in the name of Homland Security. The part I'm worried about is that they will somehow find a way or an excuse to limit our rights to free speach. The act was intended to monitor known terrorist sites but John Ashcroft was able to sneek in language to monitor anyone in the U.S. That means you, me, our children, and the dogs who are trained to get beer out of the fridge!

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 05:02 AM
link   
Hello CIA, FBI, NSA, police, and postal service and anyone else that might be opening my mail, please stop you might get a paper cut and I am afraid that since my address is on the envelope you are opening without my permission call me a terrorist. Seriously someone is opening my mail, when we got a state tax check back it was opened. You literally have to peel off the perforated ends to open those. Hubby and I are becoming so used to it we don't even care anymore, why they are opening our mail is crazy, all we get is bills and junk mail and we seldom send anything out unless its a gift to a grandchild or a payment for bills. Plus we have never made any threats against anyone. True I don't like our current president and his policies and say so but what do they expect I am a democrat. Anyway it is just crazy they are targeting me I'm physically disabled and seldom leave the house, if its hubby the man works all the time and the rest of the time he is at home. We seldom travel except to see our children and they do not live near anything of importance. Its just crazy but that is what we and I mean most of us in the USA are all wondering now, are they investigating us?

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Yes they ware watching no matter about it, Also I doubt they would post or need to would they I mean theres a good chance that a large % of the stuff people post on this site reveling secrets about Area 51 etc are true but No one believes them because they don't want to. Thats why hardly anyone believes that Dulce base report and firefight because subconciously the brain doesnt want it to be real. So the Government does not need to post mi information because people just don't believe the stuff they read no matter how good it is, if someone brought an email in from a gu ythat worked in Dulce base, most would say thast forged etc and woldnt believe it

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 06:37 AM
link   
Is this the 10,000,000,000,000 thread about ATS being watched???
If so, im not going to say anything, but just search next time

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 07:12 AM
link   
Well if this is the ten thousandth thread aobut being watched then I guess that says something in itself about the number of people that are starting to feel like their privacy is being invaded and that they are under surveillance.

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 07:17 AM
link   
Odd, I thought I posted a comment on this thread a week ago? Before posting this I Looked but could not find it?

Anyway, you can bet this site is being watched, like all others only because of its high popularity and definately due to the subject matter, probably monitored a little more than your average site.

Perhap's there's more freedom to post critical views here than the media feels free to publish.

Dallas

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by goose
Well if this is the ten thousandth thread aobut being watched then I guess that says something in itself about the number of people that are starting to feel like their privacy is being invaded and that they are under surveillance.

We all know we are being watched, but it doesnt mean we have to keep posting it. The paranoia level goes through the roof when this topic keeps getting brought up.

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
Is this the 10,000,000,000,000 thread about ATS being watched???
If so, im not going to say anything, but just search next time

Yeah, I agree with Infinite, it seems that there's one(or 10) of these at least monthly(or weekly).

I think it is a valid thing to worry about, but I think you should always assume EVERY site you visit can be monitored, and the further you drift from the mainstream, the more you stand out, the more you(and your group etc) stand out, the more attention you garner..... from there its just common sense really...

Bottom line is that the Internet in general isn't the clothesline to be hanging your dirty laundry on.

X

posted on Feb, 26 2005 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Unless your doing or planning anything illegal, you have nothing to worry about. Just posting on ATS is not going against any law or act, so just chill out and continue to post and ignore the spooks who like to watch

posted on Feb, 26 2005 @ 11:59 AM
link   
To some extent, I think at time's. Their are those that take a great deal of interest on this site.... considering the profound opinion's that have been posted, every topic that's expressed and important to us... That's need's to be seen by someone that can further expand on Alarming Issue's. Otherwise, were still caught up in words... No Action.... A Waste of sort's don't you think?

[edit on 26-2-2005 by jessemole]

posted on Feb, 26 2005 @ 12:03 PM
link   
why would'nty they people post link that could un-cover stuff all thetime they need to watch that like the lastest one was about a NSA base in Maryland i clicked on the link and got a 404 -not found lol damn their quick

posted on Feb, 26 2005 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Well I have always thought, as one of the NIU (Not in USA) members that I have some protection. Being in China it seems that if the States really wanted me, they couldn't really just come over and get me...or could they? I am a U.S. citizen so maybe there is a possibility being in China is less safe??

posted on Feb, 26 2005 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by jehova620
Is it true that governments across the world monitor sites like this one.
I have read that if you continually post "threats" you will be visited by some government agency. Anyone have any evidence of this? Sorry if this has been discussed before, but am new to the site.

why not as per a post by a mod earlier this week there was a news broadcast of one of our ufo theories (kutos to that member) so if the news can broadcast our threads then surely the goverment is watching to , and if they werent then the notariety of the ATS conspiracy site as the news led it to be believe has drawn the attention of the goverment by now.

But fear not guys we watch out for our own and if one of us come up missing we will come looking and try to stand up for you ........or atleast my retained attorneys will be sent to help you guys.

I am more then glad to send those retained lawyers to help anyone here and I mean anyone friend or foe ,,,,,you come up missing for your statements here
I will come help you .......dont edit your thoughts put them out there like you want to I got your back.

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by 00PS
Well I have always thought, as one of the NIU (Not in USA) members that I have some protection. Being in China it seems that if the States really wanted me, they couldn't really just come over and get me...or could they? I am a U.S. citizen so maybe there is a possibility being in China is less safe??

China has spooks as well.Just cos you are not a native in the country you live doesn`t mean you above there laws.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join