It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How can you have faith when even a lemonade is no longer a lemonade

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Summertime, thirsty, tired of drinking warm tap water, so I cool off in local supermarket and I see Simply Lemonade (subdivision of Minute Maid co. )

Almost 2 L bottle whopping 5 bucks

Nice and cold, I don't usually spend money like that but I was gonna treat myself cause life sucks. I don't smoke or do drugs so I'll buy expensive lemonade.

Go home I start pouring glass after glass and start chugging it.

I notice that while the beverage is OK something isn't right, I take a look at the bottle again and ingredients, looks pretty damn good,

Not from concentrate
Has sugar but also a ton of real lemon juice.
They even threw in lemon pulp

Awesome ....... Right ?

But I don't get it, something in the taste is off.

My eyes glance over listing for calories, proteins, fats, vitamins minerals

ZERO vitamin C

Not a significant source of vitamins

Whaaaat ?

After drinking whole bottle in under 4 minutes, I should have gotten so much vit c I should have gotten diarrhoea

WHAT HAVE THEY DONE TO THAT LEMONADE MAAAANNN !

Those of you who believe that future will be awesome with more technology and all that, you are completely wrong.

I guarantee you future will be even worse than the present for majority of people

The rich, they'll be fine with real lemonade

You and your kids ?

No sorry, your life will suck fake lemons

And just so we are clear. I hate American Government, I hate most American companies, and I hate plenty of American people.

I've built up hate over the years

"Hate is strong with this one"

Call me a hater
I call myself a realist in the mirror.

What more proof do you need.

From fake lemonade to sabotaging and watering down Trump's vision for America at every turn.

What more proof do you need ?

Did CIA and NSA take over production of lemonade now too ?
edit on 28-7-2017 by JustAnotherTarget because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 11:28 PM
link   
a reply to: JustAnotherTarget

I feel you. I truly do.

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Care to post the ingredients list?

I find myself looking at that list a lot lately.

If there's anything I'm incapable of producing myself at home in the top three ingredients, I try to shy away.

It's a start, right?

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 11:33 PM
link   
a reply to: FHomerK

I gotta give the elite and powers that be some credit though

They still are managing to keep most people from waking up, they still make sure the masses have some bread

So no one is going to stand up and do anything about anything

Yet

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 11:36 PM
link   
a reply to: lordcomac

Ingredients list from bottle

Filtered water
Sugar
Lemon juice
Natural flavour

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 11:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: JustAnotherTarget
a reply to: lordcomac

Ingredients list from bottle

Filtered water
Sugar
Lemon juice
Natural flavour

My biggest issue is #2...sugar.

You can't buy anything in this country without them adding that crappy corn syrup.

A bagel I purchased literally had more sugar in it than a donut.

WTF America...fix our food!

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 11:51 PM
link   

I love this brand of lemonade. Limeade even better!

The fact there's no diarrhea sounds like a bonus to me. Listen, if you need to evacuate those bowels so badly, I suggest whole psyllium hulls with plenty of warm tap water. Use 2 ply and don't leave HQ for about 16 hours.

edit on 28-7-2017 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 11:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

I think you are missing the point

I agree with you on sugar but there is supposed to be sugar in lemonade

The point is what happened to vit c to what is supposedly REAL lemonade

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 11:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha
The fact there's no diarrhea sounds like a bonus to me. Listen, if you need to evacuate those bowels so badly, I suggest whole psyllium hulls with plenty of warm tap water. Use 2 ply.

What is the matter with you sir

Don't you understand?

You are drinking altered fake lemonade !

Who in the world said I need lemonade to evacuate bowls

Are you just having fun with me or what ?
edit on 28-7-2017 by JustAnotherTarget because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 11:55 PM
link   
You've got to watch out for that glucose corn syrup. That's in everything from energy drinks to fizzy drinks and even "health drinks". Then there is aspartame and other artificial sugars. They even added sugar to low fat milk!!!

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 11:58 PM
link   
a reply to: stormcell

Well there is supposed to be sugar in lemonade

What happened to vitamin c ?

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 12:03 AM
link   
lemon juice is a very strong flavor, they probably don't need to use a lot of it -- therefore there's not enough to be a significant source of vitamin C. it's not a conspiracy, it's just physics.

edit on 29-7-2017 by fiverx313 because: clarity

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 12:07 AM
link   
a reply to: fiverx313

Don't you just love how internet has these wise guys who explain everything as ok and cool

The VERY SAME COMPANY

produces simply orange juice

Plenty of vitamin c and potassium is listed under nutrition

I suggest you inform yourself on modern food and drink production

So now lemonade is not supposed to have vitamin c

Is this the modern world we now live in ?
edit on 29-7-2017 by JustAnotherTarget because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 12:32 AM
link   

thank you for calling me wise, but i stand by my original post.

maybe you'd like to review some recipes for orange juice and lemonade and see how much of each flavor is required in each? a juice is a very different thing from an -ade, after all.

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 01:15 AM
link   
I just looked up a popular recipe for lemonade. To make about two liters would require 1.5 cups of lemon juice. According to the USDA, one cup of lemon juice provides 187% of the daily value for Vitamin C. There should have been probably at least 150 mg of Vitamin C in your bottle. You are correct that it seems the Vitamin C was somehow removed, assuming the ingredient list is true and there is actual lemon juice in the product.

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 01:16 AM
link   

I don't have much faith. Why can't you make your own? Water, squeezed lemons...hell just squeeze em, toss em in the water, add a touch of sugar, let sit for a few hours done...It's not that hard.

5$ worth of lemons and you could make your own concentrate...probably 3 liters

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 01:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: MoreInterior
I just looked up a popular recipe for lemonade. To make about two liters would require 1.5 cups of lemon juice. According to the USDA, one cup of lemon juice provides 187% of the daily value for Vitamin C. There should have been probably at least 150 mg of Vitamin C in your bottle. You are correct that it seems the Vitamin C was somehow removed, assuming the ingredient list is true and there is actual lemon juice in the product.

possibly i am wrong

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 01:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: fiverx313

originally posted by: MoreInterior

possibly i am wrong

It's not every day someone admits that on the Internet.

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 02:05 AM
link   
I have been feeling for awhile that something is being added to food (besides high fructose) but I didn't think about what's being taken out. This is interesting. Personally I feel this is on the level of genocide.

Life expectancy is getting shorter which is crazy. People are getting huge, skin turning gray, eyes yellow, hair falling out. Even kids. It's not everyone, and call me paranoid but it seems like mostly white people. And they're conditioned to blame themselves for not eating right and not exercising.

I live in Japan and contrary to stereotype, people don't eat that great here. Fast food is popular and Japanese food has insane amounts of sodium. Yet, people here are healthy and their energy reminds me of how Americans used to be when I was a kid. And, back then we all ate junk and barely exercised.

Then I see people I know back in the states now, struggling to get healthy, eating small portions of bland food and taking fitness classes they can't really afford because home exercise wasn't working, but the classes aren't either. Nothing's working and people are dying young. Something is going on.

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 02:49 AM
link   
a reply to: MoreInterior

1) Life expectancy is getting longer.
2) Adjust the color on your TV.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join