It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Admiral Would ‘Nuke China Next Week’ If Trump Ordered It

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 10:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl
a reply to: UKTruth

It wasn't the South Koreans who nullified the treaty.

North Korea declared the 1953 Korean War armistice nullified on Monday, following through on a longstanding threat that it renewed last week amid rising tensions with South Korea.

Isn't this like the 20th time they nullified it?

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Beautiful. And so consistent with the current state of 'leadership' in this country. My apologies to the TrumpAide guzzling Trump Cult but the majority of the world views Trump as reckless and unstable. And Donald doesn't do much to refute that image. So what does China think (and do) ? They'll view that as a very real threat figuring The Donald will get PO'd at someone... or maybe decide to make that his last 'beautiful' act as he's dragged kicking and screaming from the oval office. In any case this would be seen in a far more egregious light than even Little Kim's rants. Nice to see Donald putting himself on Little Kim's level. He must be proud.

And the OP loves to post these hyper-testosteroned 'we-can-kick-there-ass-just-like-that' threads without a fraction of a reality clue. It may take Admiral Strangelove 3min to launch his nuke party but it will take less than a minute for China to get a launch warning. And guess what comes next?

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 10:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: InsaneIthorian

North Korea declared the 1953 Korean War armistice nullified on Monday, following through on a longstanding threat that it renewed last week amid rising tensions with South Korea.

Isn't this like the 20th time they nullified it?

That's a fair question. In all the time I served over there (21 years), I don't recall the Armistice being formally nullified by North Korea. I was on-pen when this happened in 2013. No one on the Southern Side of the DMZ seemed to bat an eyelash, but the memory of it stuck with me. And, I do remember thinking, "Wow, we could just nuke the crap out of everybody without going to Congress for a formal declaration of war. It can now happen legally at any time."

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Even more tenuous then.
So North Korea can bypass the US and declare a war between the USA and China???
I think not.

edit on 29/7/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 10:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

Good to know your general would obey his superior, other wise he would be committing treason and mutiny.

Still Dr Strangelove jump's to my mind, in particular from 1.36 onward.

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 11:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

An interesting way of thinking about it. I guess if North Korea attacked Great Britain ... the United States would be involved in a war based on treaties between our two countries.

And, I guess, if China doesn't want to get nuked (preemptively) over North Korea's recent BS, they should consider which side they're on if things heat up.

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Personally i think this is a very important question to ask Our heads of the military. Of cource they are going to give us their politically correct answer, they must if they want to keep their job.

But what would they really do if they got the order? Let us hope they would be moraly sane about it.

There are generals who have rejectet orders in the past that have preventet ww3. I sure would step a side if a insane politition gave me a insane order to nuke a superpower.

edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 11:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm
a reply to: Nitzz321

Do you know what the words "Completely Fake Story" mean???

So you're saying this never even happened then.

It's completely fabricated in every way???

No, what I mean is when a media change a story to make it look the way they want it to look, for me, it's fake news. as simple as that

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 11:31 AM
link   

And, I guess, if China doesn't want to get nuked (preemptively) over North Korea's recent BS, they should consider which side they're on if things heat up.

The declining superpower meddling with weak threats in utter denial of their pacts with Russia. Giggle away?

Just do it (if you can)! I'm really looking forward to all ya'lls mutations.

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 11:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: InsaneIthorian

originally posted by: Xcathdra
military will protect and defend the constitution from all enemies, foreign (china) and domestic (never Trumpers / certain democrats).

Not all Anti Trumpers are democrats or lean to the left.

Stop with the partaisan bull#.

try reading it again and understanding it before posting. Notice the / in between the 2. That would be your first hint.

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 11:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr
I'm confused that's what he's paid to do.

The point is: When is the last time someone with such immense power at his disposal answered so specific a question (I will nuke China next week) ... instead of fabricating some oblique reply in an effort to dispense concerns?

This reporter asked a baiting question, knowing exactly what the response would be, so that they could twist this into meaning something it does not.

There was no other way the general could or should have answered this question. There is no obliqueness about the duty of the military.

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 11:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

An interesting way of thinking about it. I guess if North Korea attacked Great Britain ... the United States would be involved in a war based on treaties between our two countries.

You are still not making any sense.
If NK attacked the UK, it doesn't mean that the US could deliver a first strike nuclear assault on China, without any discussion with Congress.

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Disobeying orders and treason are totally different things. One doesn't lead to the other. Disobeying general orders/regulations leads to court martial and punishment, unless the orders violate the Constitution or US law.

A treason charge won't stick unless those in the launch control centres are deliberately not launching to give the enemy a military advantage.

In a two man Minuteman launch control centre, disobey the launch order and the missiles under your control will simply be launched by a neighbouring launch centre. The missiles will fly no matter what your own conscience is telling you.

You have to hope that the President, Secretary of Defence & their advisers have thought it all through. Missileers take the shilling, their only job is to monitor & control their systems and launch when valid orders come through.

Hesitation isn't part of the job. And if some do have doubts, they're in the wrong job entirely.

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Doesnt matter which president ordered a Nuk strike or ware .
So the men with the keys follow the order stick your head between your legs and kiss it good by .

I am a child of the 1960ds and have first hand experience of exactly what this means . You never learned and they ( the people with the keys have forgotten when the key is turned life as we know it is over for 100000 to 200k years .
Doesnt matter who turns the key its over and so many are so ready for the key to be turned .

The human race is on the verge of extinction not from asteroids or sun spots or even aliens .
from our self we pollute our water our ground we kill every critter we come across we cut every tree and craete areas so toxic no one can go near them for 100000 years .

It is already probably to late to stop but wile there is still a chance just maybe we should start thinking about taking a step back because its a LONG drop off the cliff and we may not be around when we hit bottom .

So before you start worrying about 5 % temp swings or oceans coming up 2 feet maybe you mite want to help find ways to clean up teh mess we made even if you just pick up trash .
And you mite want to relize that gun was designed for only ONE thing to kill another human .
Once you relize that it may change the way you think .

posted on Jul, 30 2017 @ 10:23 PM
link   
2d Four-Star announces readiness & willingness to act.

Reuters
"North Korea remains the most urgent threat to regional stability," Pacific Air Forces commander General Terrence J. O'Shaughnessy said in a statement.

"If called upon, we are ready to respond with rapid, lethal, and overwhelming force at a time and place of our choosing."

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 03:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123
I'm all for it, the ccp needs to cease existing. In case some might wonder, I have a strong dislike for the ccp.

What a stupid childish thing to say! So you are up for thousands of innocent people dying, just because you hate their government!

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 07:37 AM
link   
No single man, or woman should have the power to say nuke another country, and for thst command to be followed through.

It is stupid
It is dangous

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Isn't this the same Admiral who was relieved of command today, because too many ships under his command are having accidents with civilian vessels?

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 11:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Isn't this the same Admiral who was relieved of command today, because too many ships under his command are having accidents with civilian vessels?

Damned interesting!! Why does a shore-based admiral get relieved for something he has virtually no control over?

Must've been something he said. How's that smell to you??

edit on 2382017 by Snarl because: Deleted the stuff in parenthesis.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join