It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disturbing footage shows Border Patrol Agents encourage teen to drink liquid meth

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2017 @ 01:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm
a reply to: dragonridr

I just read up on it actually.

Yes they are still employed. But the family ended up winning $1 million from it in the end.

Apparently each officer actually tried to blame the other in their statements as well.

It also says that test kits are readily available for them to use though too. But they didn't bother until after he drank it.

IMO they should not be employed after that. Thanks for the update hopefully his family can get their remaining kid/teens far away from that influence/risk now of dealing with drugs and trafficking-if that was the case for him, even their-selves as a risk far away from that- safer part of their country, etc.

posted on Jul, 30 2017 @ 01:57 AM
link   
a reply to: GrantedBail

Burn them at the stake. Make examples of them.

posted on Jul, 30 2017 @ 08:22 AM
link   
I occasionally watch the border patrol TV show on the justice channel and they have test kits available. They will hold the suspect after a dog sniffs them out, then they search them to find the drugs which they test with a simple drug kit a child could use. It will identify all the major drugs including meth.

They obviously didn't follow protocol and most likely knew what was in those bottles. That was done on purpose, there was no way they would do that on a whim. However, I suspect the agents will get a pass on this one somehow and a pay off of some kind. I don't see what they would have gained by not following procedure as I'm willing to bet they get a bonus of some kind for the number of drug busts they make. With two agents on duty, why didn't one of them insist on following the procedures? Something isn't right here that is for sure.

posted on Jul, 30 2017 @ 10:12 AM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

Just LOL dude. Just LOL! Obama isn't responsible for all the crimes and murderers, and make no mistake, these border cops are murderers, that occurred in the United Stated while he was President.

Geez, you so called, Christians are always attributing god like qualities to presidents, when they're just people, following laws and procedures made by people. These border cops broke laws made by people, while Obama was president, and they deserve to be imprisoned in jails made by people, under the laws made by serious people.

edit on 30-7-2017 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2017 @ 07:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Violater1

originally posted by: thesaneone

So the kid has a liquid substance that he claims is juice and the b.p says is that drugs? The kid says no, do you want me to prove it by drinking it? B.P. Sure if you say it's just juice, outcome, idiot drinks juice o.d's and life goes on.

What's the problem?

Brahahahahahahaha!

He got what he deserved! I've cared for more meth O.D.'s in ER and ICU than I can think of.
The punk drug smuggler thought that he could BS his way past the border.
I didn't see the criminal being forced to drink it. He did it on his own volition.
Good riddance and give him a Darwin Award.

Wow, some of you im guessing new people are as far as I am concerned, sociopaths. You obviously haven't a clue what a sixteen year old is and you likely think back like many do to 16 and remember how mature you were. Ha. I taught high school for a decade and couldn't even believe that it takes going back as an adult to realize they may as well be first graders. They haven't the capacity to make decisions about sex, danger, crime, etc. and truly appreciate the possible consequences and with how hard I partied then drove around town and some of the inch-from-death thrills we all got it all just need be put into the context of this situation to see he is no different. I have never discussed what life dealt me online or with anyone really for that matter and have lived the last seven years without seeing any other human being but the late night grocery store check out person since i am bitter, deformed, hopeless, and have given up really and i can say without any possibility of being wrong I guarantee you...people who think we all end up where we end up in life due to the choices we made and their consequences are just idiots who happened to end up someplace livable and somewhat comfortable. But you just as well could have been one of us who aside from immature hijinx maybe did the right thing, worked our butts off, and kept our heads held high just to be blindsided by something there was no avoiding and totally outside our own sphere of influence or responsibility that just so happened to collide with us and take it all away. You have no idea where he was coming from but ill just say, there are people in a situation no more their fault than an infant in Africa who dies being used as a vessel to penetrate violently to pass a person's AIDS on to or an orphaned child dying in a one digit pound frame of starvation and parasites. Those are quite visual circumstances but misfortune, especially for a child of 16, comes in too many forms to ever know well enough that you can say something like, "good riddance," to that child's no longer existing soul and me, i can't even wrap my head around thinking that about a kid my students age cuz I cat get passed the immediate choking and gasping for breath such an ugly side of life brings on in me...and I should be disenchanted enough to be unaffected you'd think.

posted on Jul, 30 2017 @ 08:14 PM
link   
a reply to: AlexandrosTheGreat

blindsided by something there was no avoiding and totally outside our own sphere of influence or responsibility that just so happened to collide with us and take it all away.

I believe people don't understand that situation. Many think they are in such control but the day comes that states otherwise.

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 11:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Taupin Desciple

originally posted by: SirKonstantin

None of this would have happened if the kid was well educated and raised in a proper environment.

I have read all of your responses to this and have agreed with them all. Except this one. Google "Plano Texas Heroin Bust" Plano is to Dallas what Beverly Hills is to Los Angeles. Being well educated and raised in a proper environment has little to do with the character of a person.

Thank you for the source.

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 12:51 PM
link   
The story will be aired on 20/20 sometime this week. I tried to find it on YouTube. The family of the teenager received one million in damages, but there was never a court trial in the actions of the border patrol officers.

Personally, I think the border patrol agents should of done their job and tested the liquid if they thought it was drugs, rather than causing the life of this teenage boy. He was definitely a mule for the drug smugglers and may have been an innocent victim. It is possible that he didn't even know what liquid was or, maybe he did; that's still no excuse for the agents to encourage the boy to kill himself. It also took the agents a half hour to call for assistance. Why did it take the agents so long to call for help? This kid was obviously struggling; which was also a contributing factor in the poor kids death. If he got help sooner, would he be alive today?

Plain and simple, the kid should have been detained, and the liquid should have been tested. The kid would be in juvenile hall or jail right now serving out his sentence. But, who knows, this kid may have changed his life around for the better after he did his time. There was no reason for him to die.

A video of the border patrol agents, sorry about the double post. I didn't see it. it will be aired on 20/20

edit on 31-7-2017 by Diabolical1972 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 02:36 PM
link   
yes its sad someone died but if this man died at a border checlpoint doesn't that mean he crossed legally? everyone crying about this poor boy being forced to drink this poison . first off in his country alot of 16 year olds are married with children yes its sad he died ut how many people could have potentially died from the amount he was bringing in. no one put a gun to his head and said drink he did that on his own. he was a drug courier how many other times did he do this exact trip with out getting caught?

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: LooksLocked
My situation did not come close to this but, when I accidentally left a bottle of juice in my carry on bag, the agent told me I had a choice. I could throw it away or drink it. She tried to give the bottle back to me, but I was in a such a rush, and didn't have time, nor did I want the juice at that moment, so I told her to toss it, which she did, and I was allowed to go on my way.

Not saying this is what happened and it definitely doesn't look like it, but the agents will hand the items back to you after they have handled them, and they will allow you to drink it.

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: AlexandrosTheGreat

They haven't the capacity to make decisions about sex, danger, crime, etc. and truly appreciate the possible consequences

I agree with you 100%. I often deal with young victims of domestic violence, rape, human trafficking, and social media. They frequently have the mind set of a two year old. That is why I disagree that they should be allowed to make life altering decisions about sex, sexuality, and crossing the road, without supervision.

Bad judgment and lack of maturity are strong attributes among teens.

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 04:07 PM
link   

edit on 31-7-2017 by toomany because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 04:19 PM
link   
yes american teens aren't that mature but this man is not from america he from elsewhere where people are probably much more street wise by 16 . i know a lady who used to be a midwife and she would frequently travel into baa calidirnia back in the day and she told me 90 percent of her patients were girls under 15 most around 12 or 13 and they all were married and there husbands were also in there teens so a 16 year old south of the border is a radicallydifferent than a typical 16 er here hell if he was in middle easy or africa he could e in a militia. this guy drank his poison thinking he would get out of trouble by drinking it and showing that he wasn't high .

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 04:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: GrantedBail
I cannot believe the cruelty of some law enforcement officers. A video posted by ABC news appears to show two Border Patrol Agents prompting the teen to drink the liquid. Subsequently the teen died of a heart attack.

I think they should be charged with first degree murder.

The video is at the news source below.

“What you see, I think, is a basic lack of compassion and decency toward a 16-year-old boy,” the Velazquez family lawyer Eugene Iredale told ABC. “Almost a delight that you would see in children who just pull the wings off flies slowly, a smile when he’s being asked to drink something and being put in this position.” “They know what’s going on,” Iredale said. “This is a game in which he is being played with.” “Drug smuggling is wrong and is a crime, but this teenage boy did not deserve a death sentence,” Rep. Zoe Lofgren (D-CA), ranking member of the House Subcommittee on Immigration and Border Security said. “For CBP officers to inflict a summary death sentence is not only immoral, but also illegal.”

news source

If the kid says it's just juice what's wrong with him drinking some to prove it was? I don't see anything wrong here.

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 04:49 PM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

Thanks for the thread. I have modified my opinion after receiving additional facts and input. I notice that often people are adopting reactionary positions based upon personal attacks rather than giving it a dispassionate review. To do that you must be able to hear all of the evidence. For instance it would resonate with my understanding of human nature for someone to say, " you just have to trust that a reasonable human will not drink something that they know is not a for human consumption liquid." That it would be thought of as a sort of litmus test for whether further testing is called for is understandable to me and further negates evil intent on the part of the officers. If this leads to change of policy then so be it. I applaud it. Be ready for the consequences though. A slow down in crossings would be expected. But, I just don't see criminal intent. Those using the incident to attack the proposed tightening of border protections will continue as there is no rational defense but to demonize every act necessary to carry out the policy.

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 04:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: NightSkyeB4Dawn
a reply to: LooksLocked
My situation did not come close to this but, when I accidentally left a bottle of juice in my carry on bag, the agent told me I had a choice. I could throw it away or drink it. She tried to give the bottle back to me, but I was in a such a rush, and didn't have time, nor did I want the juice at that moment, so I told her to toss it, which she did, and I was allowed to go on my way.

Not saying this is what happened and it definitely doesn't look like it, but the agents will hand the items back to you after they have handled them, and they will allow you to drink it.

Interesting thought. That there may be regulations in place at the border about containers with broken seals. Perhaps the agents were just giving the young man a chance to drink his juice. Unfortunately , the young man thought he could have his drinks back after a while. It is a choice . Drink them or toss them like your case , maybe. The young man knew what would happen if he didnt produce the drugs to the dealer once back in the US and got scared. Took a chance and lost.
It is unfortunate we live in a world where such events as this occur . Maybe one day....

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 05:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

The counter the kid drank the Meth at is a third level scrutiny check.

There is the quick pass, he was instructed to instead do a standard check, and from there was taken to a third level check, similar to the Airport when you're taken out of standard security.

Watching the Documentary, it seems clear the intention of handing the liquid to the kid was to "Test" drink it, not finish the product before continuing across the boarder, like a plane. He only opens one container, he takes what looks like 1 drink. This is after both agents are suspiciously looking at the liquid, they claim they did not, but there is a full minute of video of them staring at it alone. The speed they wrote off their own accountability should result in the loss of their job. The standard protocol is to test it. They didn't even have to ask anyone, those agents could literally stand up, and go get the test themselves within the building. That's part of their specific job as third level checkers, it wasn't even above their authority or anything.

You would think someone with a job of checking for Drugs, would know ANYTHING about drugs. They pulled out two viscus syrupy looking liquids that look identical to each other, but in completely different containers. Red Flag???????????? It's not just like he had a Pepsi.
edit on 31-7-2017 by LooksLocked because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 05:30 PM
link   
a reply to: proteus33

Are unaccompanied minors allowed to enter the united states?
With or without bottles of meth?
Seems problematic.

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 08:35 AM
link   
a reply to: thesaneone

The problem is this:

First of all, when an officer of the law is concerned that a container may have drugs or other contraband substances within it, they are supposed to secure that container or package as evidence, and prevent its being tampered with, not goad a suspect into, nor permit them to interfere with it, for example, by opening it up and taking a sip. For example, you would not recommend, nor allow a person who claimed a packet of coke was flour, to bake with it, because to do so would interfere with the evidence. The moment a suspicion was raised, the bottles should have been taken away for testing.

Also, with the suspect who was in the process of smuggling said contraband now dead, he cannot be flipped and encouraged to identify or describe the individuals or individual who had him make the trip. This means that the only information the authorities will be able to pass on to other law enforcement agencies in the region, will be forensic data on the composition of the chemical within the bottles, which, while potentially useful in some regard, would not be nearly as helpful as the information which died with the suspect traveler.

If the important thing is to end the supply of these types of drugs, then getting the most information possible out of those who are smuggling them, or performing the role of mule, is absolutely vital, because it will allow better, more precise action to be taken against the origin point of these drugs and those who hold sway over their production.

You can kill a thousand monkeys before an organ grinder hangs up his instrument.

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 10:35 AM
link   
did i miss something? It looks like they don't know what it is.

"If its just water, drink it". Is that encouraging someone to kill themselves?

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join