It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disturbing footage shows Border Patrol Agents encourage teen to drink liquid meth

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 09:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm
a reply to: dragonridr

So what if it happened under Obama, he doesn't train ICE LEO's. This isn't a presidential matter this is about ICE and in a general way all LEO's right now.

Don't tell me they don't have field test kits or something around the boarder patrol. That's ridiculous. But even if that's correct I think there are other clues in figuring out what is Juice and what is meth. Plus they already suspected it was meth which is why they took it from him. At that point it's evidence until proven either way.

There is no way that it's procedure to allow someone to take back a questionable liquid like that as a suspect. What if it was acid and he decided throw it in their faces?? Or some other chemical weapon of some kind???

But let's say you're totally correct and that is how it's done for example. I'd say that needs to change for a handful of reasons don't ya think?? It's certainly nothing to laugh about and the fact that cops are now accomplices to flat out murder now at least a couple times a week it seems by shooting the wrong people in the wrong house or whatever, this isn't a minor issue.

I mean WTF is wrong with everyone when it's ok for "Suspects to be killed without even being charged yet." Innocent families getting shot by cops when they raid the wrong houses. Cops are killing minor criminals as if they're multiple violent offenders. Does everyone just love the idea of abuse of power or something??? I swear to god some of you get off on it thinking it won't happen to you or someone you know. But keep it up and it will soon enough and then it's too damn late to change it. Not to mention you get zero sympathy at that point because laughing about it now means you're getting laughed at then when you're suffering through it.

Wrong ultimately the president sets policy that is why it's called the executive branch. No matter how you look at it this is Obama's problem I will say it easily could have been avoided by telling border patrol what to do in the case of dealing with mules. Lack if leadership caused two border agents to make bad decisions. Same with the military I retired I was an officer and any soldier under my command did something stupid it was my fault.

As a leader you have to not only let them know what to do but also what you expect from them.

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 09:26 PM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

You are entitled to your opinion, I honestly do not have a huge amount of sympathy for the guy..but I don't know the situation that put him there so I reserve full judgement.
Just a principal kinda thing..I think the agents probably broke the law..definitely broke chain of evidence rules..and laughing..very classy, anyway I'll leave it at that.
edit on 29-7-2017 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 09:27 PM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

Hey I will give you that. I think those border agents need to change careers. I dont think they need a break either. They basically watched /let a human die in front of them and laughed. So they too should get some sleep if they are scum bags like that regularly.

Honestly though. This guy sucks. Screw him too.

He wasnt selling dime bags to pay for diapers. This was poison that was going to slowly kill and destroy allot of people.

edit on 7 29 2017 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 09:46 PM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

They got it from someone else instead. No difference in outcome.

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 09:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: tadaman
They basically watched/let a human die in front of them and laughed.

I made some callus remarks earlier in-thread. I really don't care much for any element of 'the drug trade'. It's a bad business.

As for the CBP agents ... their actions were comparable to negligent homicide. I don't think they had their heads in the game, and the actions of the three principals (I include the smuggler here) lead to an almost forced conclusion. If I had to serve on a jury, in their case, I'd acquit. The smuggler's hand was not forced. He drank that poison. No one held the bottle to his lips.

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 10:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone
This happened in 2013 and his parent were awarded some money all this happened under the Obama administration.

Yup, I went there.

I'm sure Obama would have made a statement condemning the border patrol officers had he known. Meanwhile, Trump just gave a speech supporting police brutality.
edit on 29pmSat, 29 Jul 2017 22:48:09 -0500kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 11:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: darkbake

originally posted by: thesaneone
This happened in 2013 and his parent were awarded some money all this happened under the Obama administration.

Yup, I went there.

I'm sure Obama would have made a statement condemning the border patrol officers had he known. Meanwhile, Trump just gave a speech supporting police brutality.

You mean the same Obama that told the border patrol to not do their jobs, that Obama?

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 11:29 PM
link   
a reply to: GrantedBail
I applaud the officers actually for having the respect to allow the individual the choice to skip out on anal prison rape. His other option, as they probably explained to him, was to go down trying to shoot or stab us, but we would detain you real quick.

The kid prolly knew thats what it would do. He knows the stories, knows what'll occur up the road. Let us all save time and money, and the kids dignity and respect them for allowing that choice. God Bless them all. The kid too for having the nads to fulfill his own destiny.

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 11:39 PM
link   

It's Obama's fault??? Seriously???

I guess everything is his fault then. Everybody in every institution screws up and it's his fault???

He doesn't train them, or even manage them. He may be president but he can't be responsible for everyone.

Give me a break.

Then that would mean Trump's at fault for the latest police shootings of innocent people too. But that's ridiculous!!!

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 11:55 PM
link   

It's Obama's fault??? Seriously???

I guess everything is his fault then. Everybody in every institution screws up and it's his fault???

He doesn't train them, or even manage them. He may be president but he can't be responsible for everyone.

Give me a break.

Then that would mean Trump's at fault for the latest police shootings of innocent people too. But that's ridiculous!!!

Yes but in the case of the police it was the mayors fault. They are in charge of the police department. With authority you take the good and the bad. As a mayor if you allow your police department to run ruff shodd over your citizens it is your fault.

As president you under fund border patrol and then restrict them from doing thier job you get stupid decisions made by your agents. And if the FBI screws up the director is at fault but also the president as well.

See here is the problem no one takes responsibility any more. A leader is always on the hook for actions of their employees. In this case the lack of training seemed to be accepted as no action was taken by leadership to correct this.

posted on Jul, 30 2017 @ 12:03 AM
link   

He doesn't train them. Obama may have been ultimately in charge of them but not for the actions of each and every officer, that's just dumb.

You want to talk about responsibility, then how about the two officers themselves and whoever is directly in charge of them???

What you're saying is if some employee screws up something at Walmart, I should be going after the CEO of the entire Corp. That's just dumb.

Nor would I even blame the mayor for what officers do. They are responsible and perhaps their captain or the Chief of Police, maybe. If it's something that happens over and over then you start looking up the ladder toward management. Otherwise whoever is involved is responsible for their own actions.

posted on Jul, 30 2017 @ 12:29 AM
link   

He doesn't train them. Obama may have been ultimately in charge of them but not for the actions of each and every officer, that's just dumb.

You want to talk about responsibility, then how about the two officers themselves and whoever is directly in charge of them???

What you're saying is if some employee screws up something at Walmart, I should be going after the CEO of the entire Corp. That's just dumb.

Nor would I even blame the mayor for what officers do. They are responsible and perhaps their captain or the Chief of Police, maybe. If it's something that happens over and over then you start looking up the ladder toward management. Otherwise whoever is involved is responsible for their own actions.

If the ceo does nothing to correct the problem and allow it to continue yes you should. You don't seem to understand the responsibility involved with being a leader. An oficer does something like shooting an Unarmed woman and the mayor does nothing he's responsible. As a mayor he should get with the police chief who is also responsible and make sure people are trained to make sure it doesn't happen again.

This is the problem with politics we never hold out leaders responsible for poor leadership.

posted on Jul, 30 2017 @ 12:39 AM
link   

That's fine. Is this happening over and over with ICE???

Did Obama know about it??? If so, did he say or do anything about it???

Do you have evidence to show that he either made this the policy in the first place or did nothing about it once he heard about it???

Is this being handled by some internal agency or anything???

Or are you just assuming stuff???

Because I admit I don't know the answers to those questions. So I'm not going to start making assumptions or blaming other people until I do.

posted on Jul, 30 2017 @ 12:43 AM
link   

That's fine. Is this happening over and over with ICE???

Did Obama know about it??? If so, did he say or do anything about it???

Do you have evidence to show that he either made this the policy in the first place or did nothing about it once he heard about it???

Is this being handled by some internal agency or anything???

Or are you just assuming stuff???

Because I admit I don't know the answers to those questions. So I'm not going to start making assumptions or blaming other people until I do.

Well they are still on the job and nothing was done. So yeah he's responsible. Under Obama he looked at the border patrol as an enemy and when you do that you get poor results.

In truth I'm not even upset some drug muel overdosed but it isn't my responsibility to make sure they do the right thing. That was Obama's job.

P's as citizens we need to start holding our leaders accountable. If we don't changes will never be made. I guess I have a unique perspective from my military career where I was held responsible for actions of soldiers under my command. Their failure was also mine ad a leader you can't always stop mistakes however what you do afterwards is very important.
edit on 7/30/17 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2017 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Are they still on the job??? How do you know that???

Is there anything happening with this case at all??

posted on Jul, 30 2017 @ 12:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: MteWamp
I think I'll go with Darwinism.

Sure, the agents could've handled it differently, and should probably be disciplined, but that kid was a really special kind of stupid.

My Grandpa used to say:

If your friend Joey told you to jump off of a 10 story building, would you do it?

So, the kid doesn't have any responsibility in this situation?

Maybe it's better in the long run that this kid doesn't contaminate the gene pool.

Sorry, I just find it hard to have a lot of compassion for a drug mule. Especially one as stupid as this one.

We differentiate 'kids' and 'adults' in part based on how responsible they are for their actions.

posted on Jul, 30 2017 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Are they still on the job??? How do you know that???

Is there anything happening with this case at all??

Read the article they are still employed and nothing was done.

posted on Jul, 30 2017 @ 12:57 AM
link   

I just read up on it actually.

Yes they are still employed. But the family ended up winning $1 million from it in the end.

Apparently each officer actually tried to blame the other in their statements as well.

It also says that test kits are readily available for them to use though too. But they didn't bother until after he drank it.

posted on Jul, 30 2017 @ 01:02 AM
link   

I just read up on it actually.

Yes they are still employed. But the family ended up winning $1 million from it in the end.

Apparently each officer actually tried to blame the other in their statements as well.

It also says that test kits are readily available for them to use though too. But they didn't bother until after he drank it.

Well sounds like you at least partially agree my job is done. Thanks you made it interesting. And hopefully Trump keeps a better eye on the border agents. Because under him I can see them going over board.

posted on Jul, 30 2017 @ 01:09 AM
link   

I agree that something should be done about how LEO's conduct themselves yes.

I wouldn't go so far as to blame Obama.

It sounds like this was handled internally or whatever.

Doesn't mean I think justice was served here. I don't think these two guys should have kept their jobs at all. If I screwed up and killed some kid on the job, I wouldn't be working there still and neither should they. But of course they have immunity from so much that they can basically do whatever they want.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join