It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disturbing footage shows Border Patrol Agents encourage teen to drink liquid meth

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 04:11 PM
link   
There seems to be immense ignorance on this topic, doing things like conflating mules with dealers, etc.

Mules are the people who smuggle things. It is a high risk, low reward proposition so you wont ever see people with power doing it.

In regards to cartels specifically, they have decided to force people into being a mule under threat of death for them and their whole family. Especially individuals with dual citizenship. People of actual value to the criminal organizations, i.e. ready and willing criminals, are used anywhere but as a mule.

In many cases, it wouldn't be at all inaccurate to state that they are greater victims than addicts, or perhaps any demographic directly involved with these operations. There are, of course, exceptions as there always are.

I certainly don't know the history of the kid in this story, but many incidents of drug mules are truly tragic stories of, essentially, forced servitude or slavery.

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 04:27 PM
link   
a reply to: thesaneone

The protocol is obviously the problem.

If you suspect it's drugs, what part of you thinks it's acceptable for the kid to consume it? Or to even hand it to him?

The officer is clearly holding the substance before he hands it to him to drink. He did not hand it to him, for anything other than to drink it.

Outside of their oath to protect LIFE, he then hands EVIDENCE to the kid, and the idea is he will be allowed to 'go' if he drinks it. What a sick test, devoid of all protocol. That kid doesn't even look like he does drugs. A Mexican Drug Lord probably threatened to cut his sisters head off if he didn't transfer it, and has never done drugs in his life. That's the real reality you asshat, as this officer puts him in the Ultimatum, Drink it, and you can go, don't and you're going to jail. What a sicko he is to think his job description is comparable to The Joker. It's more sad you don't see that, not an actual problem. He let a 16 year old die as an adult, that's the simplest of the crimes committed. What did he think would happen if it was drugs? Why talk about drinking it at all? Why Humor the kid? It's obvious it was drugs, what is not obvious is why he is allowing him to drink it with that suspicion, that's retarded and not worthy of any Uniform.

Even in movies, cops test Cocaine themselves with a knife cutting open a bag. This is supposed to be fiction, yet in REAL LIFE, you think it's acceptable to instead attempt to test the drugs on the suspect to determinate if it's drugs? Are you completely insane? You obviously use a drug test?
edit on 29-7-2017 by LooksLocked because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 05:27 PM
link   
KNOCK IT OFF!!

The topic is never each other or opinions of each other. Keep it up and Posting Bans WILL follow.

If the topic is too emotional for you to control yourselves, move on. If you have an issue with another member, alert Staff.

This will be the only warning.

Do not reply to this post.
edit on 7/29/2017 by Blaine91555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 06:12 PM
link   
a reply to: SirKonstantin

You still don't get it. What the cops did was illegal and totally against procedure.

So there is no difference. If the cops don't have to follow the law then neither should this kid smuggling drugs.

Why would you expect anyone to take the laws seriously if not even law enforcement is required to follow them??

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 06:15 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

Exactly, might as well be a free for all.

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 06:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Violater1

No, you're wrong. I'm not pro-drug mule, although I think killing a 16 y/o kid and laughing about it is a bit much.

What I'm talking about is how everyone is totally find with these two cops not only breaking procedure which is dumb and dangerous even for them but also acting illegally and letting him drink what they already thought was drugs.

They never should have given it back to him first of all. But allowing him to drink it while suspecting it was liquid meth that might kill him makes them accomplices to manslaughter. The fact that they were both that stupid and neither one of them thought better makes it twice as bad.

You can't expect other people to follow the laws when not even the cops are expected to follow them now can you???

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 06:22 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

We are certainly in a weird time..people just accept and actually applaud the bar getting lower, and lower for anyone in any position of power.

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 06:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm
a reply to: SirKonstantin

You still don't get it. What the cops did was illegal and totally against procedure.

So there is no difference. If the cops don't have to follow the law then neither should this kid smuggling drugs.

Why would you expect anyone to take the laws seriously if not even law enforcement is required to follow them??

This happened under Obama the reason simple he didn't give them instructions on how to handle this situation. Border patrols at the time were not given money to do things such as testing etc. This meant it was easier to just say well if it's not drugs drink it. If they were fine you knew it was just a drink. They were doing the same thing at airports they didn't test every drink they simply would have you drink it. I had a similar experience at ohare with a bottle of gatoraid. And yes I drank it and they waited about 30 min then let me board.

To prevent this they would need to have a medical lab at the airports and border entrances. Since if you have an unknown liquid you would have to test it for multiple things.

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 06:45 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

LOL.......This is the dumbest reasoning that I've ever seen on ATS in all my years! REALLY!

Blaming Obama for this!

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 06:47 PM
link   

So what if it happened under Obama, he doesn't train ICE LEO's. This isn't a presidential matter this is about ICE and in a general way all LEO's right now.

Don't tell me they don't have field test kits or something around the boarder patrol. That's ridiculous. But even if that's correct I think there are other clues in figuring out what is Juice and what is meth. Plus they already suspected it was meth which is why they took it from him. At that point it's evidence until proven either way.

There is no way that it's procedure to allow someone to take back a questionable liquid like that as a suspect. What if it was acid and he decided throw it in their faces?? Or some other chemical weapon of some kind???

But let's say you're totally correct and that is how it's done for example. I'd say that needs to change for a handful of reasons don't ya think?? It's certainly nothing to laugh about and the fact that cops are now accomplices to flat out murder now at least a couple times a week it seems by shooting the wrong people in the wrong house or whatever, this isn't a minor issue.

I mean WTF is wrong with everyone when it's ok for "Suspects to be killed without even being charged yet." Innocent families getting shot by cops when they raid the wrong houses. Cops are killing minor criminals as if they're multiple violent offenders. Does everyone just love the idea of abuse of power or something??? I swear to god some of you get off on it thinking it won't happen to you or someone you know. But keep it up and it will soon enough and then it's too damn late to change it. Not to mention you get zero sympathy at that point because laughing about it now means you're getting laughed at then when you're suffering through it.

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 06:49 PM
link   
a reply to: thesaneone

Racist.

He could do no wrong. That juice was meant for our kids.

I have a nephew who would sell his soul to come to the US and live his dream.

He is trying to get into law enforcement down in Mexico for all the right reasons. He is a good egg. If he could he would come here to work and pay for a better education.

This sweet 16 YO kid would be one of the ones shooting at my nephew and his buddies....filling their body bags.

I wont miss this guy. He gives immigrants a bad name.

He is better off dead. He could have sold that filth to our kids, gotten enough money to buy more and do it enough times to ruin what ever town he was unloading it on that much more.

edit on 7 29 2017 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 06:59 PM
link   
If the theory of emotional escape by way of drugs is the reason children become addicts then what are parents doing to their children if they choose drugs.

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 08:28 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 08:28 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 08:30 PM
link   

(post by tadaman removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 09:12 PM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

Sure, but your kids(figuratively) are the ones buying it, it's a multi faceted problem, you can't have one without the other..might as well kill the user as well, they may share it and spread the disease amongst their friends..misery loves company.

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 09:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

LOL.......This is the dumbest reasoning that I've ever seen on ATS in all my years! REALLY!

Blaming Obama for this!

Happened under his administration who else are your going to blame the russians

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 09:18 PM
link   

How about the officers/agents?
edit on 29-7-2017 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 09:18 PM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

No. Sorry.

Leave kids who will never know better, "figuratively" out of this.

We are supposed to protect them.

Here people are crying about a drug dealer who was trying to BS his way out of prison for selling poison and drank it. Die MF, Die.

If it were a strung out Canadian we would not give it this much tender love and care. If his grave could get foot rubs out of all this fanfare it would be orgasming now.

Im glad this guy didnt get to accomplish his goals or plan for future enterprises.

I say "Go to sleep" to scum bags everywhere.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join