It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump replaces Reince Priebus through Twitter — and names DHS chief Kelly as chief of staff

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 04:01 PM
link   
www.rawstory.com...

President Donald Trump on Friday afternoon announced that he was replacing White House Chief of Staff Reince Priebus. In a late Friday tweet, Trump announced that Gen. John Kelly, who currently serves as head of the Department of Homeland Security, will now serve as the White House’s chief of staff.

Scaramochi wins this round. Time will tell if this stops the leaks. Getting crowded under the bus.
Be interesting to see the ramifications of this with the GOP.
edit on 28-7-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 04:04 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

The battle is really going to be versus Bannon IMHO.

This was kind of expected and lets face it the transition was a debacle no matter what side you were on. I'm quite shocked he lasted this long.

The side view is now how Trump et al. move agendas forward. Priebus was for better or for once one of his links to the GOP establishment. Sessions was too. The House and Senate are warning Trump about Sessions and Priebus is gone.

I wonder if there was an internal battle over firing Mueller

Edit to add: It will not stop the leaks. In fact it may make it worse in the short term. Unless he replaces EVERY since staffer in every position including the departments, the leaks will continue unabated
edit on 7/28/17 by FredT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Hmmm, called it!

Smart move. Big finger to the GOP and absolutely the right move after attempting to do something about health insurance. If there is going to be tax reform, he's going to have to work with dems to get it done.

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 04:09 PM
link   

A General as Chief of Staff will run things a lot more orderly i would think. And the WH needs some order and discipline. Bannon could be next..What good does he do anyway.

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 04:12 PM
link   
I feel there is much more drama and trauma to come out of the Trump WH. I'm quite looking forward to the Jared/Ivanka/junior vs. Bannon dust up.

Say what you will, Bannon was the brains behind the Trump train and when he is gone; then the real fun begins.

Moochie's days are also numbered...Ivanka hates his guts.

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 04:12 PM
link   
I SMELL a conservative civil war...

Priebus WAS the GOP's guy and he HAD the ear of the president...

Now Paul Ryan and others can TURN on Trump...

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 04:13 PM
link   

It will not stop the leaks. In fact it may make it worse in the short term. Unless he replaces EVERY since staffer in every position including the departments, the leaks will continue unabated
a reply to: FredT

All the literature in research into working in hostile environments would indicate that the remaining staffers will have greater anxiety, fear, angst, and aversion toward the perceived source of the noxious stimuli - i.e. they will bitterly resent Trump at some level, and will tend towards passive aggressive behavior.

So, more leaks, sabotage, shoddy work products, "who gives a f*ck attitudes, followed by more betrayal from Trump, and the cycle continues.

Sit back and enjoy. I will savor the next two years as they drag Trump through the mud, and he winds up in the dock in the Senate, watching the impeachment (his) of the century. This will be high entertainment.

edit on 28-7-2017 by TacSite18 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 04:15 PM
link   
It's OFFICIAL:

Trump is a lame duck president

The rest of the story...

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 04:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: DanteGaland
It's OFFICIAL:

Trump is a lame duck president

The rest of the story...

Washington Post BS

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 04:19 PM
link   

I SMELL a conservative civil war...

Priebus WAS the GOP's guy and he HAD the ear of the president...

Now Paul Ryan and others can TURN on Trump...

This should be fun to watch. Trumps insults will now really come back to haunt him...believe me!

Gonna get real ugly!!

There's also a negative side!

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 04:20 PM
link   
If they won't work with Trump then Trump has no other choice but to expose all of the dirty rats on both sides, he is going to be a one term president and he knows this that is why he don't care any more.

Buckle up buckaroos, it's going to be a crazy ride.

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Hiring the DHS head for your CHIEF of STAFF

That....That's like hiring an electrician...

To fix your plumbing.

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Second source -

Breaking on Foxnews now - Reince Priebus is out as Chief of Staff. Replaced by DHS Secretary Kelly.

John Kelly replaces Reince Priebus as White House chief of staff

They need someone in charge. Reince didnt seem to have anything under control.

a reply to: FredT
He is suppose to be on the chopping block. Reince was gone a few days after the Smooch said he needed to go. He said the same thing about Bannon.
edit on 28-7-2017 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 04:32 PM
link   

So, is Kelly going to do 2 jobs, Chief of Staff and Secretary of Homeland Security? Or is Trump going to go through the whole appointment process through the Senate, all over again, to find a new Secretary of Homeland Security?

I wonder if Sheriff Clark is on Trump's short list for the new Secretary of Homeland Security?
edit on 28-7-2017 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 04:34 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

Just Chief of Staff. If the Senate doesnt want to confirm anyone else this summer trump can just do a recess appointment and let Congress confirm his nominee when they come back to break from break.

+2 more 
posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Hiring the DHS head for your CHIEF of STAFF

That....That's like hiring an electrician...

To fix your plumbing.

I know right? It's almost like hiring a #ing community organizer to be president of the US.

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 04:38 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

He was doing a great job as head of DHS. You know things are bad when you have to send homeland security to the white house.

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 04:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

If the Senate doesnt want to confirm anyone else this summer trump can just do a recess appointment and let Congress confirm his nominee when they come back to break from break.

I don't think anyone cares what the Senate WANTS to do this summer......

Does Trump have a nominee to put before them, or a temporary recess appointment for the Cabinet position of Secretary of Homeland Security? Seems like an important position to leave unfilled.

edit on 28-7-2017 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Hire a clown..expect a circus.

Reince Priebus never gave me cause to respect him. This appears to be just one stooge hitting the other with a frying pan.

Good for brief, chuckling attention, but when does the slap-stick end and a real POTUS emerge?

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 04:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: EchoesInTime

A General as Chief of Staff will run things a lot more orderly i would think. And the WH needs some order and discipline. Bannon could be next..What good does he do anyway.

True that - I'm thinking Trump should be next.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join