It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump to cops: 'Don't be too nice'

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Source

“Like when you guys put somebody in the car and you’re protecting their head, you know, the way you put their hand over?” the president continued. “Like, don’t hit their head and they’ve just killed somebody. Don’t hit their head? I said, ‘You can take the hand away, OK?’”

Trump’s comments drew laughter and applause from many of the officers standing behind him on stage.

We'll just let the police violence in this nation continue. In fact, we should up the tempo. MORE police violence is the answer.

'Oh, but he was only talking about gang members!' What's to separate their policies between gang members and every other suspect they apprehend? Is the policy supposed to be, 'if you think suspect A is more deserving, go ahead and beat them up more than suspect B.'

+3 more 
posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: links234

Well context is everything...just prior he mentioned how ms13 members prefer to kill with knives , so people die more slowly and with greater pain. He was making a jest that if the police didnt place their hand above an ms13 perps head while putting them in a squad car, and they bumped their head...it wouldnt bother him.

It was said tongue in cheek

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 03:49 PM
link   
If we're going to take things out of context just to attack Trump then if you re-arrange the letters in the words of his acceptance speech, Trump admitted to eating poo.

True story, brah.

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 03:49 PM
link   
I can't wait to see what happens the next time someone shoves Bowe Bergdahl into a squad car.

LOL

Trump hates that guy.

+4 more 
posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Try again... We are restricted in what we can do to people we take into custody. Resisting a lawful detention, arrest or stop changes things but not by much. We have to use the least amount of force necessary, deescalate as soon as safe to do so, blah blah blah.

Trump is just running his mouth... Although people currently bitching didnt seem to bitch when Obama and his little bitches called for open warfare on the police.

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 03:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: links234
MORE police violence is the answer.

A little violence never hurt anyone. Sometimes a bro needs to be tazed, just ask Shamrock.

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 03:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Just police died then.

So Obama and the leftists probably counted that as a win!

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 04:21 PM
link   

I'm forced to wonder whether Trumps attitudes toward police extend to the ones investigating him..

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 04:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra
Trump is just running his mouth...

He does tend to do that.

Good point.

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 04:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueJacket

Well context is everything...just prior he mentioned how ms13 members prefer to kill with knives , so people die more slowly and with greater pain. He was making a jest that if the police didnt place their hand above an ms13 perps head while putting them in a squad car, and they bumped their head...it wouldnt bother him.

It was said tongue in cheek

A joke or no, any body in a position of political power that would make light of the purposeful bypass of the constitutional protections afforded people in America, should concern you at least a little.

Even though he probably is just running his mouth as xcath points out; there are people who no doubt agree with the literal statement within trumps words, and wouldn't at all be bothered by the police roughing up anyone deemed a criminal.

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 04:52 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueJacket

Context is important. He started off the speech patting himself on the back for increasing the militarization of the police.

EDIT to add:

He also said that the police will be "liberating" American towns and talked about weak mayors who keep the police from cleaning up the streets. Yes, he devoted a lot of time to talking about MS-13 but his whole spiel is basically that America is some sort of crime ridden dystopian hell hole al a Judge Dredd.

His AG is doubling down on the War on Drugs that a very short while ago looked like something we might finally abandon in favor of real solutions that don't entail turning non-violent citizens into fodder to fill up private prisons and ruining their lives in the process. And of all the ranting Trump has done about Sessions, none of it was about that was it?

So, yea, context is important and in the proper context, it's pretty clear that "joking" or not, he's got no problem with police manhandling citizens.
edit on 2017-7-28 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 04:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
a reply to: BlueJacket

Context is important. He started off the speech patting himself on the back for increasing the militarization of the police.

and Obama took laps after his speeches calling for the death of police officers so maybe it balances out.

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Oh really? Could you please cite one of those speeches where Obama called for the death of police officers?

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 05:22 PM
link   

So he hasn't heard of inocent until proven guilty?

Why not do away with courts and prisons and just execute people in the streets!.....o wait....

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 05:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

Oh really? Could you please cite one of those speeches where Obama called for the death of police officers?

Can you cite in Trumps speech where he called for the militarization of police officers.

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 05:27 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

dystopian hell hole al a Judge Dredd

You rang?

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 05:38 PM
link   

So that's a no? You just pulled some BS out of thin air to have something to say about Obama to deflect from the criticism of Trump?

Can you cite in Trumps speech where he called for the militarization of police officers.

Yea? As I said it was at the beginning of today's speech?

You know, when you wanted to take over and you used military equipment — and they were saying you couldn’t do it — you know what I said? That was my first day: You can do it. (Laughter.) In fact, that stuff is disappearing so fast we have none left. (Laughter.) You guys know — you really knew how to get that. But that’s my honor. And I tell you what — it’s being put to good use.

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 05:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Lmao. I would have used a Robocop reference but after that mall security bot suicided itself in the fountain, it didn't seem to have the same grit.

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 05:51 PM
link   
I have to say, the only police I've ever respected are the ones I've talked to on ATS.

Probably because they don't have a knee in my back while they're talking to me.

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 05:52 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

Probably because they don't have a knee in my back while they're talking to me.

Wait your turn.

<<   2  3 >>

join