It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Congress Seeks Wasserman Schultz Testimony in IT Scandal Investigation

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+18 more 
posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 02:31 PM
link   
This can't happen soon enough, as this potential scandal is growing more ominous by the day.

The ramifications of this story are potentially devastating to, not just the Democrat Party, but the entire nation and it's national security.

In addition to the at least 30 Democrat members of congress and members of the DNC administration, for whom the Awan brothers performed IT services, DWS appears to be one of the people at the very center of this story.

She, most likely, may be able to provide answers to many important questions congress will have regarding the scope, details of...and potential damage resulting from, this growing scandal.

Debbie Wasserman-Schultz & Imran Awan

Unfortunately, Ms. Wasserman-Schultz appears to be avoiding any questions from reporters concerning Mr. Awan's recent arrest.

Wasserman Schultz Avoiding Reporters Since Awan Arrest

dailycaller.com...

Congressional leaders are interested in conducting their own independent investigation into a growing scandal surrounding IT staffers working for Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz (D., Fla.), who are accused of stealing sensitive computer equipment from House lawmakers' offices.

One of these IT staffers, Imran Awan, was arrested this week when trying to travel to Pakistan and charged with bank fraud after a months-long investigation that found he wired nearly $300,000 to that country. Several other staffers tied to Awan are the focus of an investigation into claims they stole sensitive equipment and illegally penetrated the House IT network.

Leading members of the House Judiciary Committee and Government Oversight Committee told the Washington Free Beacon that the appropriate congressional bodies should launch an investigation into the illicit IT activity, which could include asking for testimony from Wasserman Schultz on the situation.

Wasserman Schultz's testimony is of particular interest as she has come under fire for keeping Awan on the House payroll even after information about his actions became public and not cooperating with the investigation.

Lawmakers expressed their concern that some of the information potentially stolen by these staffers could compromise congressional officials.

FULL ARTICLE:
freebeacon.com...
edit on 28-7-2017 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

+6 more 
posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 02:47 PM
link   
This is especially juicy considering how she tried to threaten the officer for not handing over a found laptop that belonged to her 'team'.

Lock her up please.

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 02:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Butterfinger

Reports say she's a nervous wreck now.
She didn't get her devices back...and now she's probably wondering what Awan is saying to authorities.

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 02:59 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Good thread S&F ....not much to say but wanted to tag your thread and will share any new stuff ....peace

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Given how leaky the DOJ has been, I hope one of those leakers can find it in their hearts to let us know what kind of dirt Awan had on DWS that forced her to display such intense devotion to him.

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 03:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: AndyFromMichigan
Given how leaky the DOJ has been, I hope one of those leakers can find it in their hearts to let us know what kind of dirt Awan had on DWS that forced her to display such intense devotion to him.

They don't leak when it concerns a Democrat.

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 03:05 PM
link   

and now she's probably wondering what Awan is saying to authorities.
I am sure Imram's lawyer and the DNC fixer will come up with a stragedy that will protect both parties ...I wonder if it is her brother that is prosecuting Imran ? Too bad they were not married because they might be able to use that somehow .

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 03:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: the2ofusr1

I am sure Imram's lawyer and the DNC fixer will come up with a stragedy that will protect both parties ...I wonder if it is her brother that is prosecuting Imran ? Too bad they were not married because they might be able to use that somehow .

All I've seen from his lawyer is that this is all just a case of persecution due to Islamophobia.

I can't believe DWS's brother (Steven Wasserman) won't be forced to recuse himself from this case.

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Her petty and bitter jealousies will cause her total fall from grace.

Not to mention her criminal behavior as well.

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Considering the path to Hillary is through DWS, she better begin spilling the beans quick and get herself some protection, otherwise a suicide note may be in her future.

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Jason Goodman called the lawyer

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 03:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

originally posted by: the2ofusr1

All I've seen from his lawyer is that this is all just a case of persecution due to Islamophobia.

I can't believe DWS's brother (Steven Wasserman) won't be forced to recuse himself from this case.

There is no possible way DWS' brother will be allowed anywhere near this case. That's pretty much the dictionary definition of a conflict of interest.

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 03:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: elementalgrove

Considering the path to Hillary is through DWS, she better begin spilling the beans quick and get herself some protection, otherwise a suicide note may be in her future.

Nah. A Clinton would never do harm to someone whom has been so loyal to them.

She really DOES have to answer to why she only fired Awan after he was arrested.
Under oath would be best.

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 04:07 PM
link   
This could be a lot bigger than bank fraud if half of what George Webbs crowd funded investigation has revealed is true.

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 05:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mike.Ockizard
This could be a lot bigger than bank fraud if half of what George Webbs crowd funded investigation has revealed is true.

Bank fraud was just a place holder charge.
They confront him with the other more serious charges to get him to talk.

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Just looking at DWS makes me ill, for a number of reasons.

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 12:00 PM
link   
DWS personally authorized the Awans to have access to TS/SCI (Top Secret — Sensitive Compartmented Information)!

Democrats now say that any access to sensitive information was “unauthorized.”

But how hard could it have been to get “unauthorized” access when House Intelligence Committee Dems wanted their staffers to have unbounded access?

In 2016, they wrote a letter to an appropriations subcommittee seeking funding so their staffers could obtain “Top Secret — Sensitive Compartmented Information” clearances. TS/SCI is the highest-level security classification. Awan family members were working for a number of the letter’s signatories.

Democratic members, of course, would not make such a request without coordination with leadership.

Did I mention that the ranking member on the appropriations subcommittee to whom the letter was addressed was Debbie Wasserman Schultz?

www.nationalreview.com...

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 12:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mike.Ockizard

Absolutely. The FBI wouldn't pull someone from a flight for a $100,000 bank fraud investigation.

Especially considering the hard drives and emails already in possession of the FBI have been being scoured over, some for months.

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 12:22 PM
link   
It's so obvious that Awan was blackmailing DWS for protection and access...because they had so much dirt on her from her using them.

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 04:15 PM
link   

the Daily Caller has a new piece on DWS and Imran.

dailycaller.com...

Appears she was planning on paying Imran while he was
out of the country. Also, she has had no one else on
payroll for IT, even though Imran was banned from
touching IT work since the Capitol,Police investigation began.

There is a lot of information in the FBI affidavit.
www.documentcloud.org...

Imran was pretending to be his wife in dealing with
the loan company, to the degree of taking calls for her
from the originating loan officer.

edit on 29-7-2017 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-7-2017 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join