It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump admin aims to pass tax reform before the end of the year

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Having failed to repeal Obamacare with a skinny by a 1 vote margin, Trump admin turns attention to its signature tax reform, touted as the biggest in American history. If Trump can get this done, he easily ranks among the top 10 presidents alongside Obama and JFK and Lincoln and Washington.

OMB's Mick Mulvaney: Senate can't go home without doing something OMB's Mick Mulvaney: Senate can't go home without doing something 3 Hours Ago | 10:11 White House budget director Mick Mulvaney said Friday that the Trump administration wants the biggest and most aggressive tax reform legislation that can pass.

Mulvaney, formerly a congressman from South Carolina and a House Freedom Caucus member, said passing tax reform by the end of the year is "absolutely doable."

Earlier this month, Mulvaney published an op-ed in The Wall Street Journal on how the Trump administration can achieve its plan for 3 percent GDP growth, which included cutting taxes.

www.cnbc.com...

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 12:09 PM
link   
a reply to: allsee4eye

As long as the rich folk and corporations get to keep their deductions and low tax rates...

this tax reform proposal should let the benefits trickle down to the peons eventually.

It's always worked like that in the past!!

edit on 28-7-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 12:18 PM
link   
They failed on their repeal and replace promises, so now they're promising this.

I can't believe people still fall for this garbage.

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 12:19 PM
link   

If Trump can get this done, he easily ranks among the top 10 presidents alongside Obama and JFK and Lincoln and Washington.

If.

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 12:27 PM
link   

It's going to be a tough sell with the obstructionists in congress. They have put politics before country.

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 12:28 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Good point. Russia has 13% flat tax. No deductibles. Impossible for the rich to avoid paying their fair share.

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 12:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

As long as the rich folk and corporations get to keep their deductions and low tax rates...

this tax reform proposal should let the benefits trickle down to the peons eventually.

It's always worked like that in the past!!

Hopefully he will make the 47% who dont pay a dime in fed taxes to earn their keep sick of subsidizing people. I dont care if you are only paying 20 bucks in taxes, everyone needs some skin in the game.

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 12:42 PM
link   
I think they have to pass a budget first. The last I heard, that was not proceeding well.

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Why do you believe that Obama is one of the greatest presidents there is? I honestly do believe that he will go down in history as one of the great, but I want to know why you think this in regards to US politics.reply to: allsee4eye

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

Then you should be happy because they still have to pay State sales taxes, "sin taxes" on tobacco & alcohol sales, built in taxes on gas, Medicare taxes on paychecks, taxes on cell phone bills, etc. So they're still paying taxes, even if it's not federal income taxes.

Also, hasn't the GOP's mantra been to cut taxes for the last several decades? They've run on cutting taxes at the State, local, and federal level over and over again; but now you're saying they've cut taxes too much for 47% of the country? So they should actually raise taxes now?

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Why would you try and pass tax cuts before congress can learn to pass balanced budgets?

Jfk was the last almost supply side tax cut. Everyone since has added substancial national debt (duh you cut revanue without the budget balanced)

Even if it happens it's a terrible idea.

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 01:03 PM
link   
I think he should just dump buckets full of # on all the haters. Idiots aren't even interested in their country enough to see if anything positive can come from Trump.

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Wow guy, just wow. He does that already. Trump has done not a damn thing as potus because he is just as crazy as the rest just more vocal, which does not seem to be helping. I want someone that gets things done as a potus. a reply to: network dude

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 01:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3
I think they have to pass a budget first. The last I heard, that was not proceeding well.

Apparently OMB Mulvaney still wants yuggeee tax cuts for the rich and medicare drastically scaled back and rationalizes it with fantasy math... I don't think that's gonna fly...

nymag.com...

www.usnews.com...
edit on 28-7-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

(post by worldstarcountry removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Non thinking people believe the simple gimmicks that come out of his mouth as well.

It's sad when reality of terrible ideas hits
edit on 28-7-2017 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 02:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: allsee4eye
If Trump can get this done, he easily ranks among the top 10 presidents alongside Obama and JFK and Lincoln and Washington.
l

Sense when is Mr. Obama In the top 10?

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Yeah, good luck with that Team Cheeto.
Those clowns don't seem capable of leading a one-car parade.

More trickle-down economics. By Gawd, that's what 'Murica needs!

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 02:49 PM
link   

WTF I HATE TAX BREAKS NOW!!!

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 03:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gandalf77
Yeah, good luck with that Team Cheeto.
Those clowns don't seem capable of leading a one-car parade.

More trickle-down economics. By Gawd, that's what 'Murica needs!

I'll take trickle-down over the full blown money grab policies Obama passed.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join