It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

(URGENT) N. Korea fired unidentified missile on July 28: South Korea

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 10:56 AM
link   
I always think that 'unidentified missile' is just the same missiles just in a different shell with North Korea.

Dangerous i know, but thats what i think.

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 10:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: GuidedKill
Why not just position a ship offshore with the capabilities to shoot these missiles down?? I would blast them all out of the sky and just report it on the news as another failed missile launch attempt. This would serve dual purpose, test our abilities and rob N Korea of their ability to get complete flight data.....

That laser weapon the Navy has would do just that, without anyone even knowing what happened.
edit on 28-7-2017 by iTruthSeeker because: (no reason given)

ETA: Maybe they want NK to succeed to give us a "reason" to attack.
edit on 28-7-2017 by iTruthSeeker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Update to Op's link (ATTN: UPDATES with details)

SEOUL/WASHINGTON, July 29 (Yonhap) -- North Korea fired what appeared to be a ballistic missile into the East Sea late Friday, South Korea's military said. The missile was launched from Jagang Province, northern North Korea, at around 11:41 p.m., according to the Joint Chiefs of Staff. The launch was immediately reported to President Moon Jae-in, who is convening an emergency meeting of his national security team at 1 a.m. Saturday, it said. In Washington, the Pentagon said it detected the missile launch and was carrying out assessments to determine the details, according to Reuters. The launch comes only weeks after the communist nation test-launched an intercontinental ballistic missile capable of reaching parts of the United States, including Alaska. Earlier this week some foreign media reported that the North appeared to be preparing for another test of an intermediate range or intercontinental ballistic missile.

Source

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 11:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Denoli

Trumps gotta go after Kim BIGLY

What can Trump do ?
He's tried intimidation and that didn't work it just made Mr Kim's resolve stronger , he can't attack because that will incur the wrath of China ... any other options ?

Perhaps a diplomatic solution is the only way forward , shame you don't have a diplomat in charge.

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 11:02 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

North Korea have never listend to diplomacy.

They should of been delt with in 2006. Instead the USA decided to pointlessly piss about in the desert.

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 11:02 AM
link   
why is this even a story ,the u.s.a test fire missiles all the time as do russia.
this is hypocritical ,i think it's clear at this point the media and whoever control them are trying to whip the public into a frenzy to justify a war .
how can one side complain when they do the same?

i give up the world has gone nuts ,and slam others for what they do themselves.

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 11:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: testsubject271
why is this even a story ,the u.s.a test fire missiles all the time as do russia.
this is hypocritical ,i think it's clear at this point the media and whoever control them are trying to whip the public into a frenzy to justify a war .
how can one side complain when they do the same?

i give up the world has gone nuts ,and slam others for what they do themselves.

Maybe because North Korea keep threating to nuke everyone.

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Oh like Zero Hedge? SMH

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 11:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Stevenjames15

Oh like Zero Hedge? SMH

At least zero hedge has zero cred !
CNN is always negative credibility!

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 11:09 AM
link   
a reply to: InsaneIthorian

Not everything can be settled by the barrel of a gun.
As I said above neither Trump nor his predecessors could deal with North Korea militarily , it is not doable and if it is tried it will result in conflict with China , none of us want that.

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Listen to you all. Calling for war at any chance. Calling to invade another sovereign country. You people are diseased (of the mind). Shame on you.

PS: Careful what you wish for, because one day, war may come to your homes (especially if your country carries on like they do).
edit on 28-7-2017 by Velatropa24 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 11:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Velatropa24
Listen to you all. Calling for war at any chance. Calling to invade another sovereign country. You people are diseased (of the mind). Shame on you.

PS: Careful what you wish for, because one day, war may come to your homes (especially if your country carries on like they do).

That will happen if you let the monster get bigger and you will be the bitch asking for help .

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Velatropa24

Educate yourself: A state of war has existed between North and South Korea since 1950.

That war did not END. A truce was called, and that is all that has existed since then. No peace treaty, no official end of the war, only a cease fire.

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 11:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

As I said above neither Trump nor his predecessors could deal with North Korea militarily , it is not doable and if it is tried it will result in conflict with China , none of us want that.

Not everything can be sorted by talking either.

And China wont get involed with North Korea anymore.

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Mr Kim is poking his stick again because he seeks attention not war.

how do you tell the difference?

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 11:29 AM
link   

The ICBM one isn't. The Aegis system is good, but only effective against medium range missiles.

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: BlueJacket

They only work on the late phase of flight. They couldn't stop a missile in the boost phase.

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 11:32 AM
link   
there are ways to deal with N.Korea without total war. We will have to go to war with them, it will be short, sweet, and last less than 30 days. We have on of the most dedicated and intelligent generals of our history spearheading such efforts - like any war prep, it requires some diligent negotiations with N. Korean neighbors. I think back to Tommy Franks and all his weird middle of the night meetings with arab nations surrounding Afghanistan with black briefcases full of millions of USD getting some staging permissions. seeing as how we don't need AO to launch from, i'd say just making sure China doesn't go bezerk is crucial. they are war-heightened anyhow right now... all busy busy with that India border. Being the case, they could be ready to go 'all our' if we have at N. Korea.

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 11:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: InsaneIthorian

Not everything can be sorted by talking either.

And China wont get involed with North Korea anymore.

...you tell me please, what has America sorted by war? Name a single positive outcome for ANYONE except for the corporations striving on human suffering? America = perpetual conflict and paranoia. Anyone who is more or less sovereign is America's enemy - US is like a school bully. Bud do remember that every bully eventually gets his teeth knocked in. Get it through your thick heads - US is the real axis of evil.

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Kim must really hate the sea.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join