So let me summarize some of the things I believe I understand now....
- The building in question, the police headquarters, sits on top of a fairly large hill. As such, it would have a commanding view of nearly
everything in the local area, including the beach.
- The property the building sits on seems to be very peculiar indeed. All the beachfront properties to the east and west are highly developed, but
this particular area is not.
- The property appears to be about 20 hectars (50 acres), bounded on the east by a top dollar high-end resort, and a fairly nice residential condo
complex to the east.
- There appears to be people camping and generally occupying the land where the police station is, although not right near the police station.
- There is a beachfront nightclub, Mimosa's, south and east of the police headquarters which is popular with the locals. It doesn't appear to be a
particularly high-end place, but rather a bar/pub type place for music, drinks and snacks on the beach.
- There is a very large gated "compound" on the south east corner of the property, on the beach, clearly belonging to someone of immense wealth. It
does not appear to be a 'resort', but rather a private residence. The walls of this compound make it relatively clear the owner is very private. The
entrance road to the property is gated, and monitored by cameras. There are also numerous other closed circuit TV cameras observing the compound.
This compound is approximately 300m south-south east of the abandoned police headquarters. The entrance road also looks to go up the hill to the
station. Here's the entrance gate...(notice the camera pole and two cameras above the left gate. It is approximately 130m west of the road pictured
- There is a large house looking structure approximately 100m east-south east of the police headquarters. This building is in easy view of the
headquarters and vice versa. The 'house' does not appear to be in good conditions, there is an abandoned swimming pool behind the house and the
general appearance is not that of a maintained facility. In the sat pic I saw, there is a car at the property, so it is not unoccupied.
- There is another small house looking structure just under 200m to the south west of the police station. This structure also looks abandoned, or
seldom used. None of these structures look related to each other.
- There is another unidentified structure in the trees 80m almost due north of the station. I can't tell what this structure is other than having a
- There is a road through the trees, due north of the station out to the main highway to the north (N-340). The entrance to this road is posted
edit on 7/30/2017 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)