It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Forbidden archeology Flood myth

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 02:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
a reply to: intrptr

If such an event had occurred so recently, there would be evidence of it.

Not saying that asteroid impacts don't/haven't happened, mind you, they have obviously. But for an impact to have such global implications to have happened recently enough to still reach us in whatever form...there'd be evidence of it. I know of no such recent crater.

I hardly trust the timeline presented to us in the Bible either. Some theologians think the world is 6000(?) years old, right?

Considering the obvious eons of time represented by the Hawaiian volcanic chain and the layers of sediment in places like The Grand Canyon, besides carbon dating and the like... these events occurred much further back than religion flood myths 'believe' they did.

imo

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 10:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: AngryCymraeg

originally posted by: one4all

originally posted by: Byrd

Continental Drift is not new.....when a Continent "drifts" it is drifting upon lava.Like putting an Oreo cookie on top of a bowl of chocolate Jello Pudding then leaving it in the fridge overnight and in the morning gently pushng the Oreo from one end forward ......it will have to break free from the stiff gooey congealed coating on top.

I believe you're thinking of plate tectonics and the plates (not continents.) They move very slowly, however - usually around an inch per year but rates vary.

....as you gently push it the leading edge will tilt down as the cookie moves forward

Only one of the plates may subduct. Sometimes they crumple together to form mountains. And of course there are plats that are just scraping past each other, as with the famous San Andreas Fault in California. There's lots of photos (and even places to go) where you can see the movement.

The cookie is the continent the cookie moves forward and tilts down as it moves driving itself below the horizon line or surface level of the Ocean...this causes a massive displacement wave to run up and over the 1/3 of the cookie which goes down and under when the motion happens....

Actually, what's pushed up over the land is more land (a different continental plate.) The continents move so slowly that they can't really form any water waves.

I am clearly saying the Continents slide around at astonomical speeds relative to their size and the pull and release of Nibiru.

They do not "creep"....they travel great distances very quickly.

Simply look at any satellite shots of the continents...all of them show the materials washed off of them last time Nibiru "came a calling".......they show a clear leading edge and a clear trailing debris field....you cant miss it....and you can see which direction and in what order every continent moved.

No, this is incorrect. Plate tectonics is a slow process.

As per the Peer/Status Quo approved data YOU accept as truth plate tectonics which I do not accept at all are said to be a slow process.....but 40 years ago I was the kid being disciplined in school for not agreeing with teachers on many points I instinctively knew I was being lied to about....you may have been the kid wondering what was wrong with me then....lol.

I was taught the same lies as you were...except I was fighting back the obvious lies 40 years ago.

Today I do not waste my time in small battles with the established faux peer approved/status quo.

For gods sakes .....lol.....you can see the splash patterns globally and you can see communities just below the surface in many many areas.....you can even see houses/buildings and cars in driveways in front of them.OOOps.....I mean if you were lucky enough to get acess to the right data before much of it was covered up and suppressed.

I'm sorry, are you trying to say that subduction is so fast that cars and houses are being caught up in it? Are you sure you don't mean basic erosion?
And please cite one of these 'splash patterns'. Location?

I apologise for not expounding for you.....now that you are looking you will see the continental patterns for what they really are.......you understand subduction processes better than I so apply your knowledge to a Continental Displacement Wave scenario....then YOU tell me how everything works.

I asked for 'splash patterns'. Please name one. Just one would help.
You can do that.... can't you?

Show me a Continent sans splash patterns.

I am asking for a single location where you can see a so-called 'splash pattern'. Name one. And then explain exactly what you mean by a 'splash pattern' when it comes to plate tectonics.
And can I ask where you learnt about subduction? Because I can see several massive holes in your theory.

Ok....jeepers after this i am cutting out of this thread....google Roswell.....go to "maps" clik.....go to Satellite view...pull back until you can see all of North America.....the West Coast is the "leading edge" and the East Coast is the "trailing edge"....the light blue color you see surrounding NA is the debris field from the last Continental Displacement Wave action....as you quite obviously see the "splash pattern" is clear and obvious....and this is only ONE type of "splash pattern"....we could more correctly call this one a "wash pattern" because this is what happened to the face of the North American Continent it was washed over from west to east and the macro-template of that action is right in front of you.

Yes...you may apply the template to other Continents....and NO you will likely not wiggle away from this factoid.....now you have begun to wake up.

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 10:27 PM
link   
a reply to: one4all

So after all your ranting and raving, you don't have a single citation to support you hypothetical scenario? Around here thats what we refer to as intellectual dishonesty. So feel free to duck out, its pretty typical when someone knows that they can't back up and support their thesis. Its not up to others to go digging around to support your claims, the onus lies only with you and you have failed time and time again after repeated requests.

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 01:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: peter vlar

So after all your ranting and raving, you don't have a single citation to support you hypothetical scenario? Around here thats what we refer to as intellectual dishonesty. So feel free to duck out, its pretty typical when someone knows that they can't back up and support their thesis. Its not up to others to go digging around to support your claims, the onus lies only with you and you have failed time and time again after repeated requests.

Nope....I call you right back pal.

You dont represent "around here"...you represent you only...why dont you post a pic of what I just explained you lazy sott.

I havent backed out of anything.....be your own martyr ..do as you were told.....and then put a link to a Satellite picture of NA with you next whine and cheeze session....lol....so you may eat your words along wih your whine and cheeze.Do as I said or stop complaining....lol....Lazy bugger.

I dont need to post anything else relative to this topic...anyone who simply does as requested will be faced with undeniable fact and they will be entering a new reality by their own free will....I do not have to convince anyone or prove anything.....BTW...lol...Charles Hapgood didnt have Google Earth or we wouldnt be having this conversation...lol.

And if the convo winds its way back to subduction.....maybe YOU can help explain the missing landmass west of NA which helped create the massive "wash zone" we see North-West of NAs west coast.....that was what I call a subduction....lol.

edit on 3-8-2017 by one4all because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 01:32 AM
link   

Continental Drift is not new.....when a Continent "drifts" it is drifting upon lava.Like putting an Oreo cookie on top of a bowl of chocolate Jello Pudding then leaving it in the fridge overnight and in the morning gently pushng the Oreo from one end forward ......it will have to break free from the stiff gooey congealed coating on top.

I believe you're thinking of plate tectonics and the plates (not continents.) They move very slowly, however - usually around an inch per year but rates vary.

....as you gently push it the leading edge will tilt down as the cookie moves forward

Only one of the plates may subduct. Sometimes they crumple together to form mountains. And of course there are plats that are just scraping past each other, as with the famous San Andreas Fault in California. There's lots of photos (and even places to go) where you can see the movement.

The cookie is the continent the cookie moves forward and tilts down as it moves driving itself below the horizon line or surface level of the Ocean...this causes a massive displacement wave to run up and over the 1/3 of the cookie which goes down and under when the motion happens....

Actually, what's pushed up over the land is more land (a different continental plate.) The continents move so slowly that they can't really form any water waves.

I am clearly saying the Continents slide around at astonomical speeds relative to their size and the pull and release of Nibiru.

They do not "creep"....they travel great distances very quickly.

Simply look at any satellite shots of the continents...all of them show the materials washed off of them last time Nibiru "came a calling".......they show a clear leading edge and a clear trailing debris field....you cant miss it....and you can see which direction and in what order every continent moved.

No, this is incorrect. Plate tectonics is a slow process.

As per the Peer/Status Quo approved data YOU accept as truth plate tectonics which I do not accept at all are said to be a slow process.....but 40 years ago I was the kid being disciplined in school for not agreeing with teachers on many points I instinctively knew I was being lied to about....you may have been the kid wondering what was wrong with me then....lol.

I was taught the same lies as you were...except I was fighting back the obvious lies 40 years ago.

Today I do not waste my time in small battles with the established faux peer approved/status quo.

For gods sakes .....lol.....you can see the splash patterns globally and you can see communities just below the surface in many many areas.....you can even see houses/buildings and cars in driveways in front of them.OOOps.....I mean if you were lucky enough to get acess to the right data before much of it was covered up and suppressed.

I'm sorry, are you trying to say that subduction is so fast that cars and houses are being caught up in it? Are you sure you don't mean basic erosion?
And please cite one of these 'splash patterns'. Location?

I apologise for not expounding for you.....now that you are looking you will see the continental patterns for what they really are.......you understand subduction processes better than I so apply your knowledge to a Continental Displacement Wave scenario....then YOU tell me how everything works.

I asked for 'splash patterns'. Please name one. Just one would help.
You can do that.... can't you?

Show me a Continent sans splash patterns.

I am asking for a single location where you can see a so-called 'splash pattern'. Name one. And then explain exactly what you mean by a 'splash pattern' when it comes to plate tectonics.
And can I ask where you learnt about subduction? Because I can see several massive holes in your theory.

Ok....jeepers after this i am cutting out of this thread....google Roswell.....go to "maps" clik.....go to Satellite view...pull back until you can see all of North America.....the West Coast is the "leading edge" and the East Coast is the "trailing edge"....the light blue color you see surrounding NA is the debris field from the last Continental Displacement Wave action....as you quite obviously see the "splash pattern" is clear and obvious....and this is only ONE type of "splash pattern"....we could more correctly call this one a "wash pattern" because this is what happened to the face of the North American Continent it was washed over from west to east and the macro-template of that action is right in front of you.

Yes...you may apply the template to other Continents....and NO you will likely not wiggle away from this factoid.....now you have begun to wake up.

(Facepalm)
I see. You appear to have slept through Geology 101. You do know that the West Coast has active fault lines, including a subduction zone and active volcanoes and the East Coast does not? The blue part is the contentinal shelf. Europe has one as well. So does Alaska.
Then there's the little issue of no west-to-east flood being in the fossil record. Or the geological record. Or the fact that the Rockies are in the way and show no such sign of any such flood.
Door's over there. I suggest you use it and stop embarrassing yourself by talking such unadulterated twaddle.

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Please name me a theologian, one that isn't certifiable, that believes the 6000 year old earth twaddle...'course a theologian that believes that is certifiable...so that might be an impossible task. N/M.

Where is this bible stuff coming from, anyway? Yes, the bible has the Deluge, and Noah and his ark, and all the animals two by two... But many, many peoples all over the world have much the same myth. Stories change down through the era's, a cataclysmic flash flood that swept away thousands of square miles of land, scouring it down to the basaltic bed rock, as in the scab land of Eastern Washington would quickly pass into legend, which they did.

I've seen, and hiked those scab lands, thousands of years later, there is still a lot of bed rock still showing.

Ice Age floods.

Lake Missoula.

edit on 8/3/2017 by seagull because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 02:34 AM
link   
a reply to: seagull

Please name me a theologian, one that isn't certifiable, that believes the 6000 year old earth twaddle...'course a theologian that believes that is certifiable...so that might be an impossible task. N/M.

I don't believe it either. It was what we kids were taught in churchianity early on. I remember, I was there.

They had this timeline, the whole spiel goes, it took seven days to make the solar system, earth and put life and Adam and Eve on it, then about a thousand years of Adam, then the flood about 5000 years ago.

I don't know who made that up, I was a kid. Besides you're not supposed to question anything they teach you in churchianity, your just supposed to believe in and accept it.

Or else... theres this place called 'Hell'.

Edit: by the by, again, the floods you linked don't account for the rain... or other references.

Don't trip, I'm like of the opinion like I said the earth is far older and there have been many such flood events, all of which might seem world ending to the victims. What do we suppose the dying thought in their last moments in the Indonesian Tsunami? Especially the ones that drowned far from the epicenter and never felt the quake?

Have you ever read "Lucifers Hammer"?

edit on 3-8-2017 by intrptr because: additional

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 02:40 AM
link   

Sounds like you grew up in a wonderful church... lol

I wasn't so lucky...

It was File into the pews... a few songs and passages... more songs...

Then a gathering at the front of the church with all the kids and the rev... pretty sure there was at least one more hymn after that

then hockey/basketball/dodgeball... crafts etc etc... in the basement while the adults were tortured... i mean preached to up stairs

edit on 3-8-2017 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 02:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Akragon

Sounds like you grew up in a wonderful church... lol

I wasn't so lucky...

It was File into the pews... a few songs and passages... more songs...

Then a gathering at the front of the church with the rev...

then hockey/basketball/dodgeball... crafts etc etc... in the basement while the adults were tortured... i mean preached to up stairs

Thats about right, lol. Who wants to go to service and be bored out of their mind? As kids we went to Sunday 'school', thats where we were 'preconditioned' so that when we finally were old enough to attend regular adult church 'service' we wouldn't think they were all crazy believing all those fairytales.

rofl, thanks for that post.

Further: I must say, my favorite memories of sunday school were of that one dude who taught us what Jesus meant about how to behave towards others. He taught that, the Beattitudes, read those verses and sort of translated it for us today, how to behave towards other people, like care for them, say sorry and please, not bully, steal, lie, etc.

Thats what i remember most about that ''church', those classes with that dude, not all that other mishmash old testament, begats, bulls balls and crap.

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 02:58 AM
link   

Long time ago, but i can see i wasn't part of the same sect you were...

i found out a few years ago that i was Methodist... *shrug*

They had this timeline, the whole spiel goes, it took seven days to make the solar system, earth and put life and Adam and Eve on it, then about a thousand years of Adam, then the flood about 5000 years ago.

We didn't have a 6k year old earth ideal that i remember...

said idea came from a dude named James Usher... about 1625ish

He figured he could calculate the age of the earth using the genealogies in the bible

Pretty sure he was the first Young earth Creationist

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 03:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

said idea came from a dude named James Usher... about 1625ish

He figured he could calculate the age of the earth using the genealogies in the bible

Right, the Bible, written by who knows who, hundreds if not thousands of years after the supposed events occurred.

For instance, the whole garden of eden adam and eve story was not written down by adam or eve, there are no texts from the time period it supposedly occurred, nobody that wrote these stores down was there.

Its all fantastic gibberish, called religion, used to control the masses.

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 06:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Edit: by the by, again, the floods you linked don't account for the rain... or other references.

The story of Noah is a retelling of the Gilgamesh flood story, which is itself a retelling of the earlier Akkadian flood myth, which is a retelling of the even earlier Sumerian flood myth.

Keyword - myth.
You can't demand that a reference explain the Biblical rain of 40 days and nights. That bit was added to the story by Rabbis, who served in Babylonian libraries during the Babylonian Captivity. The Gilgamesh tale states seven days of rain.

Have you ever read "Lucifers Hammer"?

Yes, I've read several novels by Niven and Pournelle. What has science fiction got to do with it?

Harte

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 08:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Harte

Yes, I've read several novels by Niven and Pournelle. What has science fiction got to do with it?

They consulted physicists to help them understand large impactors and their effects at the site and far down range...

In the novel Lucifers Hammer, their consultation conversations are verbatim, '10 million ergs of hot fudge sunday', mile hi tsunamis, molten craters with oceans pouring into them, flashing to steam. Some of the descriptions were the result of painstaking work, best descriptions I've heard on the energies and after effects.

But of course Ill consider other works about specifically that. The tv 'science' shows pretty much suck.

(post by one4all removed for a manners violation)

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 10:24 AM
link   

In the novel Lucifers Hammer, their consultation conversations are verbatim, '10 million ergs of hot fudge sunday'...

That's the description of what the comet is like... how tenuous it is. Not the description of the impact crater. (see chapter - it's part of the sample - at Baen Books)

I agree with you that tv science is just dreadful.

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 10:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: InhaleExhale

originally posted by: Xtrozero
I always thought the great flood was basically about the flood plain between the Tigris and Euphrates rivers.

And I thought it was about when massive glaciers melted about 11,000 years ago created the Black Sea as we know it today.

There is much evidence of culture with high skills in crafting gold that lived in the area that is now under 60 meters of water.

Not that I've heard of. Which area would this be? We can look at their artifacts.

Sorry Byrd,

I was just randomly posting thoughts I had.

Your question actually made me look where I came up with what I posted.

It seems I confused 3 different things.

1 being the the Black Sea deluge Hypothesis

www.nationalgeographic.com...

en.wikipedia.org...

2nd being ship wrecks that were discovered in the 90s.

and 3rd being the site in Varna , Bulgaria where I believe the oldest crafted gold jewellery was found.

I was watching something a few months back that mentioned all 3 things, the show was about archeological searches in and around the Black sea on National Geo. I believe.

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 10:46 AM
link   

That entire post is an impossible to read jumble of nonsense. Wen quoting other posters, ATS T&C requirenyou to use the proper tags so that others may differentiate between your words and those of the person you are quoting/ replying to. Furthermore, if you are making claims, the onus lies on you to support them regardless of what you think. There are protocols and T&C in place for a reason. You've been a registered member for 8 years now so there's really no excuse for you to fail to adhere to these simple tasks.

If you refuse to provide citations, then you are either being intellectually dishonest or you are making it up out of your own head. If this is your own hypothesis, just say as much. And calling other posters imbeciles because you fail to support your statements with any evidence is pretty indicative of how tenuous and precarious your thesis is. Anyone who needs to rant and rage about how smart they are and know more than people with actual educations in the fields you are attempting to disputewpuld be hillarious if you weren't so hostile and willfully ignorant.

It really does boils down, at this point, to either put up or shut up. Making derogatory and disparaging comments to others because you are incapable of supporting your claims says far more about you than it does those you reply to and only further details the thread and conversation.

You're welcome to discuss any and all alternative hypotheses you like provided you can support them. When you fail to do that and then levy ad hominem attacks at others, again, it says far more about you and your thesis than it does about the science you claim to be disputing. People here are far more open minded than you want to give credit for. If you have something, provide a citation, show your work. It's really that simple. You have openly refused to do that this far sonuntip you can, don't expect anyone to give your rants a second glance. Especially when you keep saying that you're out of here and then come back with nothing but more ad hominem BS.

Claiming you read books well above the grade level isn't a citation and it doesn't do anything to bolster your claims. It makes you look like every other Tom, Dick and Harry who has posted here the last decade and a half with their half witted claims that they haven't got a shred of data to support. Support your own claims and people will have a rational discusion with you. It doesn't seem that you're interested in a discussion though, just pushing a narrative with no evidence.

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 12:47 PM
link   

You have a vivid imagination, but nothing more. You clearly do not understand geology and geophysical processes, least of all plate tectonics. Nor, GPS - which proves current plate movements.

www.iris.edu...

You idea would be better presented in the Gray Area forum

Also, "continental drift" was disproven decades ago. The continents do not float on the mantle.

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 03:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

That's what I remember from my church goin' days, now past, too.

Lucifers Hammer? When it first came out, I did read it. Good story, if you like that sort of read, which I do

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 05:23 PM
link   

(Pause)
Excuse me.
(Door opens. Door closes, Hysterical laughter can be heard faintly. Door opens. Door closes.)
Sorry, I just had to get that out of my system.
Yup, you failed Geology 101, have no concept of plate tectonics and have not the faintest idea of what you are talking about.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join