It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Senate GOP Effort to Repeal Obamacare Fails - 'Skinny Repeal'

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 11:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Gandalf77

Definitely... but we need to not forget (as I did in my post above) Senators Collins and Murkowski, who had the huevos to oppose this from the start.

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 12:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kettu
a reply to: JinMI

Well, without insurance a lot of people can't get healthcare.

Oh, sure, they can go to a emergency room...But can you get a liver transplant at the ER? Can you get chemo therapy at the ER?

And if you can't afford those things, I guess you just ... die?

And can you get a thousand dollar a day Hepatitis C treatment, that’s what the medicine costs and a person without health insurance can’t afford that

Kudos to McCain and those two women

The gop are just anti-human---they live, breath and exist ONLY to serve the interest of the rich and powerful--to make sure they pay as less taxes as they can.

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 12:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Open_Minded Skeptic

Definitely... but we need to not forget (as I did in my post above) Senators Collins and Murkowski, who had the huevos to oppose this from the start.

Excellent point--particularly since it sounds like the orange administration was putting the screws to Murkowski to get her to knuckle under.

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 12:36 PM
link   
John McCain is right, why don’t both parties come together make sacrifices and concessions for the good of all Americans.

They have the power to do it but politics, adherence to dogma, and greed prevents it.

McCain on this topic has become a statesman

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 01:03 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

You can show us all the facts supporting your claims of "a representative of the people of Alaska" right?

Um, the election results would be a start.

I know that for many, the urge to become known as the #1 troll on ATS is strong. Let this example be a cautionary tale of the troll being trolled (and owned).
edit on 28-7-2017 by TacSite18 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 01:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Throes

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: Throes

It's more like circumstances are different for different people. People should stop pretending like their situation is everyone's situation. That is the lesson I tried to impart there.

If you look at the data, more often than not, insurance costs have increased dramatically.

That might be true if you had a junk plan, like most people did in the pre-ACA days. Junk plans had donut holes, yearly and lifetime caps, limits on treatment, etc. If you did get seriously ill, your insurance could cut you off. What good were those old, junk plans? Well, they made people feel good, until they had to use them, and then people went broke. People were one illness away from bankruptcy.
edit on 28-7-2017 by TacSite18 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 01:09 PM
link   
WELL, the GOP/Republican legislative AGENDA is pretty much up blank-creek for now.

Tax Reform?...THAT relied heavily on being able to repeal the ACA.

That's where the MONEY for the tax cuts was supposed to come from.

The ONLY obvious place to get MONEY for the proposed tax cuts would be the military.

I don't think ANYONE here honestly believes we'll see that...

REALLY the only chance the GOP has for repealing the ACA is through budget reconciliation, which REQUIRES 60 "YES" votes...

Not gonna happen...

The GOP's agenda is toast.
edit on 28-7-2017 by DanteGaland because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Chalk up another colossal LOSS for Team Cheeto.
I can't imagine the frustration level honest republicans must feel w/him at the helm of their party.

Tired of all this winning yet 'Murica??
edit on 28-7-2017 by Gandalf77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 01:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

With a $10,000+ deductible, can you afford that? Because that's what an Obamacare policy generally has. So you need to pay for 10 of those treatments, plus your premiums before you can get any help from your insurance, and that's assuming you find a doctor who takes your policy and live in an area that is still offering plans.

And let's not ask what you did to get that Hepatitis in the first place ... not many of those infections are tragic accidents.

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 01:41 PM
link   

I don't feel the frustration with Trump as much as I do with all the Congressmen who promised their constituents they would vote to repeal Obamacare and then lied.

I would feel the same way if they voted to repeal and then Trump vetoed it.

You seem to be missing the basics of Civics here. Trump can only do so much from the executive seat. McCain, Collins and Murkowski are the real traitors.

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 01:46 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Do you have proof any or all of them ran on platforms claiming they would vote to repeal the ACA?

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Where are you living that you have a $10,000 deductible. I'm paying less than $300 a month with an $800 deductible and even before I meet my deductible the insurance will pick up a portion of the bill.

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 01:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: Willtell

With a $10,000+ deductible, can you afford that? Because that's what an Obamacare policy generally has. So you need to pay for 10 of those treatments, plus your premiums before you can get any help from your insurance, and that's assuming you find a doctor who takes your policy and live in an area that is still offering plans.

And let's not ask what you did to get that Hepatitis in the first place ... not many of those infections are tragic accidents.

Oh man... has anyone seen a tiny violin anywhere I seem to have lost it and it could come in handy right about now.

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 01:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

I don't feel the frustration with Trump as much as I do with all the Congressmen who promised their constituents they would vote to repeal Obamacare and then lied.

I would feel the same way if they voted to repeal and then Trump vetoed it.

You seem to be missing the basics of Civics here. Trump can only do so much from the executive seat. McCain, Collins and Murkowski are the real traitors.

Yeah, I get how it works. The point is that Chumpy Cheddarballs is supposed to show LEADERSHIP in these situations. Instead, he's done nothing but antagonize and berate members of his own party and created a bunch of poopshow distractions to boot (running his ugly mouth at a boy scout jamboree, banning transgender people from the military, etc.).

McCain, Collins, and Murkowski are heroes and should be commended for standing up to party politics in favor of the actual American people they were elected to serve. We need more of that--and I don't care which side of the aisle it comes from.
edit on 28-7-2017 by Gandalf77 because: typo

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Yea, right..........tell that to the Brits, the Canadians, the Swedes, the Australians. You may not like Single Payer National Health system, but..................at the end of the day and probably sooner than you think, your gonna get Single Payer National Health system. And heads up, if you think your "Conservative Republican" friends are going to fight against it. think again!

See: www.theamericanconservative.com...

Don’t tell anyone, but American conservatives will soon be embracing single-payer healthcare, or some other form of socialized healthcare. Yes, that’s a bold claim given that a GOP-controlled Congress and President are poised to un-socialize a great deal of healthcare, and may even pull it off. But within five years, plenty of Republicans will be loudly supporting or quietly assenting to universal Medicare. And that’s a good thing, because socializing healthcare is the only demonstrably effective way to control costs and cover everyone. It results in a healthier country and it saves a ton of money.

Its patently obvious that the "Republicans" (as in Congress) can't govern but as soon as the Dems are back in control, voila! National Health Care System!

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Its a sad day in the America Made Great Again when the ruling party can't even accomplish killing some poor people.
edit on 30pm17fpmFri, 28 Jul 2017 15:13:35 -0500America/ChicagoFri, 28 Jul 2017 15:13:35 -0500 by Wayfarer because: Spelling

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 05:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254

Where are you living that you have a $10,000 deductible. I'm paying less than $300 a month with an $800 deductible and even before I meet my deductible the insurance will pick up a portion of the bill.

I'd like to know where these people live also, or what the hell their employer does for them. Insurance where I work is $148 every 2 weeks for a family of 4. It's 80/20 with a $750 deductible. I know a lot of people, but very few who make the kind of money so many people on here claim to make, but I don't know anybody who pays more than $500 a month with any more than a $1000 deductible.

edit on 28-7-2017 by mymymy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 07:13 PM
link   
McCain overheard saying to Democrats, Let's see Trump make American great again now.

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 12:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stormdancer777
McCain overheard saying to Democrats, Let's see Trump make American great again now.

Senator McCain voted 51 times to Repeal ObamaCare. But the 52n'd time he didn't. Possible reason, according to Senator Ron Johnson..

Sen. Ron Johnson (R-Wis.) says John McCain's brain cancer may have factored into his stunning vote last month that sunk the GOP effort to repeal and replace ObamaCare.

"He has a brain tumor right now, that vote occurred at 1:30 in the morning. Some of that might have factored in," Johnson said in an interview on 560AM, "Chicago's Morning Answer."

Source: www.msn.com...

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: mymymy

Most employer offerred HSA plans where the company is small fall in this range. Mine is about $450/month for full family coverage with a 5k personal deductible, 10k family deductible.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join